Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387449 times)

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3225 on: January 23, 2020, 03:03:49 pm »
Oh I'm sorry officer. I didn't know the speed limit on this road was 30 mph and not 100 like I was going.

Oh you didn't know? Well ok then you're free to go. Said no police officer ever.

No, Lindsey's argument is actually even WORSE...

Oh, I'm sorry officer.  I'm allowed to go 100 mph because I don't think speed limit violations are a crime.

Oh, okay, you're free to go!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3226 on: January 23, 2020, 05:25:39 pm »
It's more like they're treating Trump like a president in training. Allowing him to "make mistakes" because derp that's how you learn. Where as Trump has been doing this illegal mafia shit his whole life.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3227 on: January 23, 2020, 08:03:11 pm »
Whatever was on the RNC server is really bad isn't it?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3228 on: January 24, 2020, 06:19:44 am »
What's this about the RNC server?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3229 on: January 24, 2020, 08:28:38 am »
So back in 2016, the Democrats server was hacked by Russia.  We know this as a fact.  However, what seems to be very likely is Russia also managed to harvest the Republicans server that houses all their dirty little tricks, secrets, and rent boy payments.  The DNC is out in the wild so to speak thanks to Wikileaks.  The Republican one hasn't been published yet.

Ironbite-so what's on it that's so bad that Moscow Mitch is willing to go along with this rather then dump Trump and take a chance on the black hole of charisma that is Pence.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3230 on: January 24, 2020, 09:12:44 am »
Oh right. I remember Republicans back in the day arguing that seeing Hillary's emails and the DNC servers was fair because it lets voters get more informed in the choices they can make. I said back in the day that if we got to see what was on the DNC servers why can't we see what was on the RNC servers. What's in Trump's emails? You know so that voters can be more informed. They usually scoffed at that idea.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3231 on: January 24, 2020, 10:03:50 am »
There doesn't have to be anything hugely damning on the RNC servers. Trump just needs to have a cult of followers who will kick out in a primary any GOP member of Congress who doesn't back him completely, which he does.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3232 on: January 24, 2020, 11:39:31 am »
Yeah but I'm not certain there's anything Trump could do to detract his followers since he's developed a cult of personality who take his word as gospel at this point.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3233 on: January 25, 2020, 01:01:37 am »
Yeah but I'm not certain there's anything Trump could do to detract his followers since he's developed a cult of personality who take his word as gospel at this point.

Exactly.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3234 on: January 30, 2020, 04:10:38 pm »
You gotta love the Trump defense team. Actually you gotta love the whole Trump defense since the beginning. It's been proven wrong at every step of the way and they just keep making up bullshit to defend it.

The phone call was perfect read the transcript. Ok, so the transcript is pretty damning but there was no quid pro quo. Ok, there was quid pro quo but president Zelensky didn't feel any pressure. Ok he was kind of pressured but Trump released the funds to Ukraine so it's all good. Ok, he released them after he realized he was in trouble, but you have no eye witnesses to phone call so all of this is just hearsay, the whistle blower is a traitor to the American people and should be hung for treason. Ok, multiple witnesses have corroborated the whistle blower's statements and there was pressure on Ukraine to release information about a political rival. Ok, what Trump did was bad but it's not illegal I mean look at all of the stuff he's "accomplished" as president you can't possibly impeach him.
And that's the shitty thing, he won't be impeached and this will only embolden him to do more shit like this going forward since his party will defend any laws he breaks.
Seriously they're arguing right now that his "achievements" alone as president is enough to not remove him from office. That's like saying John Wayne Gacy was an upstanding citizen and was highly involved in his community and was a successful entrepreneur how could you possibly sentence him to life in prison for murdering all of those boys?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3235 on: January 30, 2020, 05:38:49 pm »
Most of the Trump team arguments have been absolutely hilarous, if only for how batshitty they actually are.  But Dershowitz's theory about Presidential power should absolutely chill the blood of any person with a brain who hears it, as he's basically arguing that if he thinks it's in "the public interest", the President should be allowed to do ANYTHING he wants...

Under that logic, what's to stop Trump from having the entire Dem party arrested?  Or simply cancelling the elections and declaring himself the winner?  He thinks it's good for the entire country, right?

Dersh is blatanly arguing for FASCISM.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3236 on: January 30, 2020, 05:46:01 pm »
And that's what scares me because it could very much happen if Republicans would just let him get away with what ever he wants.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3237 on: January 30, 2020, 05:53:58 pm »
Dershowitz is the same man who argued in favor of Jeffrey Epstein.

It shows.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3238 on: January 30, 2020, 07:02:40 pm »
Yes Dershowitz's argument is that 'every politician thinks their election is in the public interest', therefore as long as it doesn't amount to a statutory crime then anything they do is legal. The problem with this is that under the current DOJ guidelines nothing the president does is a crime as all that can happen is that he can be impeached.

The funny thing is I suspect what Trump did actually is a statutory crime and has got to be pretty close to treason.

What is clear is that Trump will be acquitted by the Republican Senate and they will do it without hearing any witnesses. While this should outrage the majority of Americans I suspect it will have the opposite effect. Trump's base will be energised and everyone else will feel despondent and not bother voting. Bolton's book will be published clearly outlining Trump's crime and everyone will forget about it.

Mendacious far right/ authoritarian politics appears to be taking over the world from the UK, US, Australia, Brazil etc. Putin and Xi Xinping have both moved to entrench their own power both effectively being made dictators for life. I am just grateful that none of Trump's kids appear to have his charisma.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3239 on: January 30, 2020, 09:42:17 pm »
Well Trump has zero charisma. I would say his kids have more charisma than he does. It's that he talks like a fourth grader that makes voters think he's one of them and that he gets it.

But yes the world has swung to the right. I think due to a mass increase of refugees from scary brown countries and climate migrants. We're living in the Gilded age 2.0. Massive wealth inequality, massive immigration, Robber Barons controlling everything. I think the only thing that is going to take us out is a massive global depression the likes of which we haven't seen.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:52:52 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t