Author Topic: James McCormick Convicted  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
James McCormick Convicted
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:54:13 am »
UK Businessman James McCormick Convicted of Selling Golf Ball Finders as Bomb Detectors to Iraq

For those of you who don't remember this dipshit, he's the asshole who was selling fake bomb detectors to Iraq and other countries.  Hundreds of people have died because security checkpoints were relying on his bullshit to find explosives.  They were basically dowsing rods.  He was finally arrested a while back, and he was just convicted on three counts of fraud.

Personally, I think he should be convicted of voluntary manslaughter at the very least.  Life in prison, no possibility of parole.  He knew his products didn't work.  The original ones were just rebranded novelty golf ball detectors.  And he still sold them anyway.  Man's a murderer.  He should be treated as such.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: James McCormick Convicted
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:02:50 am »
String him up by his (golf) balls >:(
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:18:47 am »
I dunno. I vote he serve his entire prison term in Iraq. Only fair the Iraqis get a piece of him for the shit he pulled.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 02:04:14 am »
The lowest of the low. Absolute filth.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Distind

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 05:54:19 am »
Whoever approved the purchase should be right the fuck along with him. Seriously, dowsing rods? No mechanical, chemical or electrical parts? Unless you're hoping magic steps in you quite obviously aren't doing a lot of research on this.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 10:14:09 am »
They should have let an Iraqi military court convict him. I imagine they would take a rather dim view of aiding and abetting the enemy even if it was only through depraved indifference.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 12:16:15 pm »
Yeah, I think the Iraqis would definitely like to have a word with this asshat piece of filth.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 12:46:24 pm »
Whoever approved the purchase should be right the fuck along with him. Seriously, dowsing rods? No mechanical, chemical or electrical parts? Unless you're hoping magic steps in you quite obviously aren't doing a lot of research on this.

I think the OP was saying they were about as effective as dowsing rods, not that they were actually dowsing rods.

Considering they're based off of Golf Ball Finders, I'm guessing they do have mechanical parts, they just don't work.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 01:16:12 pm »
Pretty much.  They were plastic casing with some electronics kind of soldered in there.

Now, they should've tested them instead of just taking some businessman's word for it.  But they at least were made to look like they could do something.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Distind

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 01:28:11 pm »
Ah, that's slightly better. I've seen them called that so many times I think I just assumed.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 02:00:20 pm »
I say we stick a dowsing rod up his urethra.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 02:45:27 pm »
I say we stick a dowsing rod up his urethra.

Preferably made from poison oak
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dan

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 03:14:56 pm »
Ah, that's slightly better. I've seen them called that so many times I think I just assumed.
No, they are dowsing rods, and McCormick as good as said so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADE_651

Distind

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 03:17:31 pm »
The highlights of the wiki for those not reading it:
The laboratory found that the card contained only a standard radio frequency security tag of the type used in stores to prevent shoplifting.

The card could not be programmed, had no memory, no microprocessor and no form of information could be stored on it.

Despite the high cost of the devices, the cards were worth only about two to three pence (3–5¢) each.

The "card reader" was found to be an empty plastic box.

There are few times where 'Dowsing rod' is a step up. This may be one of those times.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 08:28:47 pm »
This is what it looks like, in case the dowsing rod comparison is confusing:

Σא