Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387935 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3210 on: January 05, 2020, 02:29:52 am »
This timeline is the most tragicomic one I feel I could have feasably been born into.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3211 on: January 05, 2020, 04:06:21 am »
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ek1ekk/random_maralago_guests_were_told_more_about_plan/

"Random guests at Mar A Lago were told more about the plan to kill Soleimeni more than Congress was"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOLY SHIT

Of course they were, members of Congress aren't paying Thanos $200K a year.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3212 on: January 05, 2020, 11:44:09 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ek1ekk/random_maralago_guests_were_told_more_about_plan/

"Random guests at Mar A Lago were told more about the plan to kill Soleimeni more than Congress was"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOLY SHIT

So... Trump is just blabbing classified material to random people? :o

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3213 on: January 06, 2020, 01:43:24 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOLY SHIT

Well, he's already tweeted classified information, so this isn't really that surprising.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3214 on: January 06, 2020, 03:54:41 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOLY SHIT

Hey, it's not just any random person who can put up $200,000 a year to get into Mar-a-Lago.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3215 on: January 21, 2020, 05:52:03 pm »
It must be hard writing at the Onion these days as there is every chance Kellyanne Conway might say this before the week is out:

https://politics.theonion.com/kellyanne-conway-suggests-martin-luther-king-jr-would-1841137797

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3216 on: January 21, 2020, 06:48:34 pm »
There was some gun nut who said MLK would have been pro second amendment because something about if slaves had guns their lives would have been better. And I'm like yeah the man was killed by a fire arm that white people have been using top hold black people down for centuries, of course he would have been pro gun.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3217 on: January 21, 2020, 09:29:58 pm »
There was some gun nut who said MLK would have been pro second amendment because something about if slaves had guns their lives would have been better. And I'm like yeah the man was killed by a fire arm that white people have been using top hold black people down for centuries, of course he would have been pro gun.

You scoff, but he was.

http://www.cc.org/blog/mlk%E2%80%99s_arsenal_amp_racist_roots_gun_control_us

Martin Luther King, Jr., known for peaceful resistance, at the same time recognized the importance of gun ownership for self-defense. King understood the risks involved in being an outspoken civil rights leader, living in Jim Crow era Alabama, and took measures to protect himself, his family and others around him.

King was a gun owner.  In fact, he had a few guns–one visitor to the King family home described King’s supply of weapons as an “armory.”

Additionally, William Worthy, a journalist who covered the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, reported that he almost sat on a loaded gun while visiting King’s parsonage.

Yes, I know Dr. King later gave up his guns after embracing nonviolence, but that was purely a personal decision. In the words of his friend Andrew Young:

Martin said he would never himself resort to violence even in self-defense, but he would not demand that of others. That was a religious commitment into which one had to grow.

Now's a good time to remind you that the first gun control laws in America were intended to be used against black people, dating back to almost a century before the United States even existed in any form. As early as 1680, the Virginia General Assembly made it illegal for any black person to carry any kind of weapon.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3218 on: January 21, 2020, 10:27:57 pm »
https://morningconsult.com/senator-rankings/
https://morningconsult.com/governor-rankings/

The turtle has moved out of first place.

Susan Collins is now more unpopular in Maine than Mitch McConnell is in Kentucky.

Apparently Morning Consult's links to the rankings now just auto-redirect to the most recent, though, which is aggravating if you want to do historical comparisons.

Most popular: Sanders, Barrasso, Leahy, Enzi, King, Hoeven, Klobuchar, Reed*, Coons*, Thune.

Most unpopular: Collins*, McConnell*, Ernst*, Murkowski, Menendez, Gardner*, McSally*, Fischer, Warren, Paul. (Note that Sen. Warren has a 50% approval rating, while Sens. Fischer and Paul are also net positive.)

* indicates incumbent; note that Sen. Enzi is retiring.

And that's a lot of pickup opportunities for the Democrats.

Just looking at net approval, the following Senators up in 2020 have a +5 net approval or less: Collins, Durbin, Ernst, Gardner, McConnell, McSally and Tillis. (Note that while I fully expect Sen. Jones to lose, he is +6 on net approval.)

It must be hard writing at the Onion these days as there is every chance Kellyanne Conway might say this before the week is out:

https://politics.theonion.com/kellyanne-conway-suggests-martin-luther-king-jr-would-1841137797

Well, last year Mike Pence invoked Dr. King to argue for building the wall.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #3219 on: January 22, 2020, 06:49:49 am »
To be a little fair to Pence, there's evidence to suggest illegal immigration is very bad for African-Americans.

And that's as fair as I'm gonna be. Trump's planned border wall, even if it does end up getting built, won't stop illegals from getting in. Not to mention that he's hardly a man known for acting in good faith.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3220 on: January 22, 2020, 10:56:15 pm »
A quick summary of the trial of Donald Trump so far:

Dems - Laying out the face and the timeline of Donald's blackmail scheme, Rudy's mission to get rid of the Ambassador, and all the stuff we know, while noting the holes in what we know caused by Donald's obstruction.

Trump Team - LIE, LIE, LIE and LIE some more!

Senate Repubs - They walked out in the middle of the presentation to give interviews on Fox News, and on day 1 they voted against calling witnesses or trying to get documents until later.  Moscow Mitch then told the others his intention is that witnesses & documents NEVER appear, and if some Repubs chose to buck this and vote for witnesses, Moscow Mitch is going to limit the list of witnesses to whatever Trump wants.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3221 on: January 22, 2020, 11:11:47 pm »
Oh, of course. McConnell's been saying for months that he'd rig the trial.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3222 on: January 23, 2020, 06:36:21 am »
Party before country.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3223 on: January 23, 2020, 01:12:02 pm »
According to Lindsay Graham, Trump's innocent because he THINKS he didn't commit a crime...

According to Graham, if Trump “thought he was doing something wrong, he would probably shut up about it.”

“The president believes that the Ukraine interfered in out election,” Graham continued. “I can tell you without any doubt it was the Russians who hacked into the DNC. It was not the Ukrainians. I cannot say that there was nobody in the Ukraine that had worked with [Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort] that did a number on him. I don’t know.”

“All I can tell you is from the president’s point of view, he did nothing wrong in his mind,” the South Carolina Republican insisted.
 - https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/lindsey-graham-screeches-at-reporters-over-impeachment-trump-did-nothing-wrong-in-his-mind/

I'm sure every criminal ever convicted of a crime thinks they didn't do anything wrong, either.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3224 on: January 23, 2020, 01:22:13 pm »
Oh I'm sorry officer. I didn't know the speed limit on this road was 30 mph and not 100 like I was going.

Oh you didn't know? Well ok then you're free to go. Said no police officer ever.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t