Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1516280 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3555 on: October 19, 2013, 03:18:54 pm »
Sorry just I dont think people have enough time to know all the bugs

That would be impossible if you wanted reviews on a timely basis. You'd either need to give the reviewer the game before it goes gold (which means more bugs) or let them delay their review until a week or more past the release. A week of playing the game would get you all of the major problems, but you need more than that to actually get everything.
With some games there needs a first impression score like Rome and a real score later

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3556 on: October 19, 2013, 03:27:00 pm »
No one can catch all the bugs in a timely manner. Not every copy has the same bugs, either. Not to mention sometimes bugs are triggered by the rig you play the game on. The 360 version of a game might not have the same bugs as the PS3 version.

A lot of people reported New Vegas to be a buggy piece of crap. I didn't run into much of anything when I played it.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3557 on: October 19, 2013, 03:29:15 pm »
No one can catch all the bugs in a timely manner. Not every copy has the same bugs, either. Not to mention sometimes bugs are triggered by the rig you play the game on. The 360 version of a game might not have the same bugs as the PS3 version.

A lot of people reported New Vegas to be a buggy piece of crap. I didn't run into much of anything when I played it.

It's a buggy piece of crap, but it's also one of the most brilliant open-world games available and its PC version has one of the largest modern modding scenes. Pretty much everyone who gets aggravated by the bugs still loves it for its scope and quality. That's why it manages to get away with so many problems.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3558 on: October 19, 2013, 03:29:58 pm »
I never said otherwise. I was exclusively talking about my experience where bugs are concerned.

I love New Vegas but I love FO3 more. So. lmfao

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3559 on: October 19, 2013, 03:38:52 pm »
I never said otherwise. I was exclusively talking about my experience where bugs are concerned.

I love New Vegas but I love FO3 more. So. lmfao

Huh, I actually preferred New Vegas, much like how I preferred Fallout 2 to the original Fallout.  Fallout 3 was really good, don't get me wrong, but it just seemed to be spread a bit...thin.  New Vegas gave me a better helping of goodness per square game meter, and I much prefer fighting in New Vegas to 3.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3560 on: October 19, 2013, 03:43:24 pm »
*shrugs* We all have our preferences.

It helps that FO3 never fails to give me goosebumps because I've lived around Bethesda/DC and I've seen those places that are now in ruins.

New Vegas was just something that reminded me too much of the many post-apocalyptic movies that you can see. Not to mention, it wasn't the first time in the series we were in the western deserts. But that's being a little nit-picky and stuff.

&

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3561 on: October 19, 2013, 05:26:22 pm »
Bethesda games in general are buggy pieces of crap but they get away with those problems because the games are AMAZING.  Seriously go load up Skyrim, find a mountain, climb it, then look out at the view.  It's breathtaking how beautiful they make their games.  When they're not trying to make everything crap brown that is.  And even then the sheer scope of all that destruction is just....amazing.

Ironbite-simply amazing how much you can add to it too...*launches nukes at Super Mutants from the Washington Monument*

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3562 on: October 19, 2013, 05:32:28 pm »
Thanks for reminding me how whiny and entitled the Skyrim GameFAQs forums are.

Seriously, a lot of the Skyrim haters (who for some reason still play the game) just come across as entitled brats.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3563 on: October 19, 2013, 11:39:50 pm »
Ugh with New Vegas what I hate was how Bethesda treated Obsidion Basically TLDR they only would give a bonus if they got an 85 or higher on metacritic and being Bethesda rushed the game out without bug testing which were the main critiques.  It got an 84 (which honestly with Metacritic is an 85 with all the weird ways scores are weighted) so no bonuses even though it was Bethesda's fault for not giving them time to debug

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3564 on: October 22, 2013, 07:45:44 pm »
So, I decided to make a half-assed attempt at fighting the Wall of Flesh in Terraria and actually managed to win. Upside is that there's tons of new stuff to discover in the hard mode world. Downside is that the enemies are all super strong and keep killing me.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3565 on: October 23, 2013, 04:56:00 am »
I got Lego Marvel yesterday.  Last night I spent 3 hours just exploring NY. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3566 on: October 23, 2013, 05:00:00 am »
Won a contest on GOG and so got Space Empires IV for free. It's supposed to be the best space 4X game in existence, even better than Master of Orion 2. So far, I'm terribly confused and quite certain that I'm playing it completely wrong. Hopefully I get my head around it at some point in the future.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3567 on: October 23, 2013, 12:35:00 pm »
I got ticket to ride and preloaded Arkham Origins
Ticket to ride is a great board game and it translated well to pc

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3568 on: October 23, 2013, 02:44:21 pm »
Won a contest on GOG and so got Space Empires IV for free. It's supposed to be the best space 4X game in existence, even better than Master of Orion 2. So far, I'm terribly confused and quite certain that I'm playing it completely wrong. Hopefully I get my head around it at some point in the future.
I imagine a lot of gamers from my generation would say "That's WHY it's good - it's confusing and the game forces you to figure it out through trial and error!"

Not saying it's not good, but a lot of people have screwed up priorities on what IS good (the kinda people who think walking uphill both ways in the snow to school and back is "fun")
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3569 on: October 23, 2013, 02:56:03 pm »
I can see the appeal some people really like video game versions of stat simulators