Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1515696 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4740 on: July 21, 2014, 09:11:27 pm »
I kept him alive because I needed the help against the Marked Men who bust in.

Ironbite-also I love to giggle at how much he really hates the Courier for NO FUCKING REASON!

Personally, I love how he thinks something you did by complete fuckin accident is comparable to a deliberate act of fucking mass murder.

Also, he was Legion, and feels no remorse over it.  All unrepentant legionaries must die.  If only I could lure them all into a horde of angry cazadores and have my two most hated enemies kill eachother in a gigantic battle as I cackle on the sidelines and drink ice cold Nuka Colas.

Reminds me of my hatred for the Stormcloaks.

And the Thalmor, but everyone hates the Thalmor.  ... I wish.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4741 on: July 21, 2014, 09:21:54 pm »
Everyone hates the Thalmor, bro.  Also, I'm none to keen on Ulfric's murderous band of treasonous thugs, either.

Though, the bulk of my hate in Elder Scrolls is saved for Altmer, specifically.  I haven't met a single good one.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4742 on: July 21, 2014, 09:41:32 pm »
Everyone hates the Thalmor, bro.  Also, I'm none to keen on Ulfric's murderous band of treasonous thugs, either.

Though, the bulk of my hate in Elder Scrolls is saved for Altmer, specifically.  I haven't met a single good one.

Eh, there's good Altmer out there... and you can make one yourself.

You're wrong about everyone hating the Thalmor.  There are more than a few people who like them.

And I don't mean in a "Bad guys so edgy" way, I mean "Omigawd such a woobie!11!1" way.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4743 on: July 21, 2014, 11:36:40 pm »
I started playing Castlevania Judgement again. It is still among my favorite games.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4744 on: July 22, 2014, 12:35:38 am »

Eh, there's good Altmer out there... and you can make one yourself.

You're wrong about everyone hating the Thalmor.  There are more than a few people who like them.

And I don't mean in a "Bad guys so edgy" way, I mean "Omigawd such a woobie!11!1" way.

Yes there are "good" Altmer out there.  But by and large, if they're Thalmor, they're dicks.

Ironbite-dicks who should be shouted off of mountaintops as soon as possible.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4745 on: July 22, 2014, 02:50:56 am »

The first time I went Stormcloak, because, well, I was still pissed at the empire for trying to, y'know, execute me at the beginning of the game. Also, fuck the thalmor. Sideways. With a chainsaw.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4746 on: July 22, 2014, 06:07:29 am »
Aww shit, the first part of the Dark Souls 2 DLC is out today! time to kill some scrubs.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4747 on: July 22, 2014, 08:25:40 am »

The first time I went Stormcloak, because, well, I was still pissed at the empire for trying to, y'know, execute me at the beginning of the game. Also, fuck the thalmor. Sideways. With a chainsaw.

Eeh, I wouldn't have a problem with the Stormcloaks if they weren't giant god damned racists and think their dinky, barely-working militia could actually pose a threat to the Thalmor and/or the Aldmeri Dominion.  Those two are the real threat, and only the Empire has the equipment to actually bloody deal with the Aldmeri Menace.

I will always be disappointed that vanilla Skyrim doesn't come with a "take over yourself" option like you've got in New Vegas.  First off, if your Dragonborn isn't an elf of some sort, then you're likely a shoe-in for Emperor, and that's before you kill off Alduin and save the entire god damned world.  Think about it, all the Emperors up until Martin Septim were of dragon blood, which is why the Amulet of Kings worked the way it did.  Being a creature of near godlike power, you could easily strike up the same deal with the same god and make a new Amulet of Kings.  You're human, you've got dragon blood, and then you'd have a new Amulet of Kings.  If you do all this after killing Alduin, then everyone would fuckin rally around you as, more or less, the bloody messiah, even moreso than Nerevar.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4748 on: July 22, 2014, 09:07:30 am »
I never tried the Civil War quests; I just never cared for politics.  Granted, I liked the Stormcloaks a little more after that near-head-rolling incident, but I like a number of Imperials as well, including the blacksmith couple in Whiterun.

Eh, I just prefer to kill things as I choose.  Let 'em sort their little war themselves.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4749 on: July 22, 2014, 10:06:47 am »

Eeh, I wouldn't have a problem with the Stormcloaks if they weren't giant god damned racists...

Almost everyone in Skyrim seems to be a racist, makes it kind of hard to pick a side.  Which is probaby the intent but imo it'd be much better if the choice was hard because both sides have valid points and not because both sides are assholes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4750 on: July 22, 2014, 03:43:11 pm »
That's true.  Skyrim seems to be the Land of Pricks, second only to the Summerset Isles.  Tamriel needs another Akaviri invasion.

Also, Bethsoft...when exactly are you gonna get the lead out and let us visit Akavir?  Seriously, you've been talking about it in your games' books since Morrowind at the very least and honestly, Tamriel is starting to get a trifle dull.  We've got a whole world all fleshed out for us, but we only get to see one tiny piece of it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:44:57 pm by RavynousHunter »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4751 on: July 22, 2014, 04:06:10 pm »
Maybe they could do a spin-off for it, like a proper RPG instead of a sandbox RPG.  But with a custom character.

I say this because this way, they don't have to render every square inch of Akavir, and we could explore the best spots of it.

Unfortunately, this would make it a bit more linear, and people hate linearity for some reason.

Well, actually, I understand the reason, I just think that linearity can be refreshing.  Too many choices in a video game can be tiresome.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4752 on: July 22, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »
Maybe they could do a spin-off for it, like a proper RPG instead of a sandbox RPG.  But with a custom character.

I say this because this way, they don't have to render every square inch of Akavir, and we could explore the best spots of it.

Unfortunately, this would make it a bit more linear, and people hate linearity for some reason.

Well, actually, I understand the reason, I just think that linearity can be refreshing.  Too many choices in a video game can be tiresome.

I think the the decision to make a linear entry in a franchise that's known for it's open-world sandbox nature and for exploration would probably be as well received as a vomit flavoured lollipop.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4753 on: July 22, 2014, 05:27:56 pm »

I think the the decision to make a linear entry in a franchise that's known for it's open-world sandbox nature and for exploration would probably be as well received as a vomit flavoured lollipop.

Hence "spin-off".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4754 on: July 22, 2014, 05:37:50 pm »

Hence "spin-off".
And spinoff games with different genres have been well-received before.  Just look at Mario Kart.