Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512265 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5220 on: November 13, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »
From what I've heard, Sonic Boom is the new Sonic 06.

I disagree.

Assassin's Creed Unity is the new Sonic 06.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5221 on: November 13, 2014, 07:09:30 pm »
Speaking of Sanic, is Generations any good? been interested ever since I heard there was a pc version and the reviews weren't absolute trash.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5222 on: November 13, 2014, 07:11:52 pm »
I recommend it, I own it hell once I'm done with my current LP I plan on LPing it it takes a while to get used to the controls but you can change them and it's a good PC port.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5223 on: November 13, 2014, 07:12:22 pm »
Speaking of Sanic, is Generations any good? been interested ever since I heard there was a pc version and the reviews weren't absolute trash.

Everything I've seen about it is that it's absolutely fantastic.

I haven't played it myself though, so yeah.  Everyone I know who has played it seems to love the game, though.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5224 on: November 13, 2014, 07:44:08 pm »
Thank fuck for that, I've been desperate for a good 3D sanic game. Already beaten Sonic Adventure to death.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5225 on: November 13, 2014, 07:49:21 pm »
yeah, Generations is amazing.  It's an obvious port though, so I suggest getting a controller for it.  That said? Soundtrack is fantastic, storyline (loose as it is) is decent, graphics are top notch... I highly recommend it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5226 on: November 14, 2014, 12:13:55 pm »
PC version is really modable too.

I do wonder what idiot at Ubi Soft thought releasing Assassins Creed Unity is in current state was a good idea? Its like a series of bugs held together with gameplay.

Even the last gen one, Rogue, has minor problems too.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5227 on: November 14, 2014, 03:42:41 pm »
This seems to be the season for rushed games that barely function.

Sonic Boom: Whatever the Wii U one is, Assassin's Creed Unity...
Be on the lookout for other glitchy games.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5228 on: November 16, 2014, 12:02:17 am »
Even World of Warcraft is getting in on the action. Granted, it's because they got DDoSed the other night and had way more returning players than they anticipated, plus the lack of new class/race to keep people away from the new areas.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5229 on: November 16, 2014, 12:12:03 am »
Even World of Warcraft is getting in on the action. Granted, it's because they got DDoSed the other night and had way more returning players than they anticipated, plus the lack of new class/race to keep people away from the new areas.

Still waiting for WoW to actually create a Bard class.  Maybe even make it half as awesome as the April Fools Joke.

And Blizzard?  Don't give me that bullshit about how it doesn't fit in with the lore, you haven't cared about the lore for years.

...Ahem.

Anyways, it kinda sucks when you do so well that it actually harms your goals, doesn't it?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5230 on: November 16, 2014, 01:14:04 am »
Bards don't fit into the lore at all, why would you want something like that when WoW still doesn't have Daemon hunter class?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5231 on: November 16, 2014, 01:48:21 am »
I just want a magic knight class. No shields, no two-handed weapons (except staves and pole-arms), ranged DPS, tank and melee DPS for specs.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5232 on: November 16, 2014, 05:40:24 am »
Fucking hell, I think Doom 3's audio logs have ruined the experience for me. In a really sobering realization, that is.

Listening to each one and slowly piling up a record of corporate abuses, knowing that each and every one of the narrators is dead or worse, just really sobers you. The zombies may share 3 models, but they have faces and names. Every Z- Sec you killed was most likely just some family man who had the wrong assignment on the wrong day and become another soldier in the legions of hell.

In essence, fuck Lost Souls ever more than before now.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5233 on: November 16, 2014, 07:01:48 am »
And speaking of Blizzard april fools jokes, will ogres ever be a playable race?  The Pandaren started as a joke as well now that I think about it. They were an april fools joke for Warcraft 3 back when there were supposed to be 5 playable races, with the demons as one of them. (The undead scourge were separate from the Burning legion.)

The alliance might need another race to bring up the balance if Ogres are given to the Horde unless their mercenary side qualifies them for both of the sides like they did with the Pandaren.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5234 on: November 17, 2014, 01:28:08 am »
Far cry 4 is just 3 in a different setting
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.