Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513212 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5340 on: December 17, 2014, 02:14:27 pm »
Aye, I saw Angry Joe's video on that, since his SF5 review got DMCA'd.  Funny, because one of the annotations said that the DMCA had been mysteriously removed after he'd posted the video calling Capcom Japan out.  Quite queer, that.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5341 on: December 17, 2014, 02:30:14 pm »
Someone at Capcom Japan wasn't made aware of the fact that famous Youtubers and Angry Joe were given the trailer as part of a press release.

Ironbite-so he hit the DMCA button and the Youtube bots took 'em down.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5342 on: December 17, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

Little experiment of mine in porting weapons and their composing sprites from TwelveEyes's Marathon gameplay mod. Works like a charm.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5343 on: December 17, 2014, 06:25:58 pm »
The Marathon games were awesome, shame Bungie is making mediocre shooters like Destiny.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5344 on: December 18, 2014, 09:36:27 pm »
Hatred got released recently.
If anyone here is mad that Animal Crossing didn't let you rape and disembowel minorities this is a game for you.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5345 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:21 pm »
Hatred got released recently.
If anyone here is mad that Animal Crossing didn't let you rape and disembowel minorities this is a game for you.

Hatred in one quote.

I want the player to ask: why?

I haven't been keeping up with Hatred, for the obvious reasons of disgust and the fact that it really didn't look like any fun. But holy shit, they just had to leap straight over that line and dance on it's flaming corpse.

Who knew that People can Fly used to be full of Neo-Nazi assholes?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:01:09 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5346 on: December 18, 2014, 11:25:32 pm »
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just violence for the sake of violence and tries way too hard to be edgy to ever take seriously. I really don't understand why people are getting all in a tissy over it. We've been having this fucking moronic "ban this violent video game" song and dance since the early 80's, only to find the game in question does not in fact raise a generation of mass murderers. It's been thirty fucking years of this nonsense happening over and over again, we really should know better by now.

Have I ever mentioned that people are stupid? Because people are fucking stupid.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5347 on: December 18, 2014, 11:44:10 pm »
I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It's just violence for the sake of violence and tries way too hard to be edgy to ever take seriously. I really don't understand why people are getting all in a tissy over it. We've been having this fucking moronic "ban this violent video game" song and dance since the early 80's, only to find the game in question does not in fact raise a generation of mass murderers. It's been thirty fucking years of this nonsense happening over and over again, we really should know better by now.

Have I ever mentioned that people are stupid? Because people are fucking stupid.
Poeple aren't really calling for it to be banned, even on Tumblr.  Most people either A) Think it's should come with a bunch of stamps saying things like "I probably don't like you" or B) Consider it the Shredded Moose of video games

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5348 on: December 18, 2014, 11:48:40 pm »

Poeple aren't really calling for it to be banned, even on Tumblr.  Most people either A) Think it's should come with a bunch of stamps saying things like "I probably don't like you" or B) Consider it the Shredded Moose of video games
Oh, but they are. It's the reason it was pulled from Steam Greenlight by Valve.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5349 on: December 18, 2014, 11:58:12 pm »

I thought you meant banned legally.
If poeple are calling it to be banned legally then that's just silly.

Out of curiousity, is your own aggrogance and cynicism intentional or just a result of you being the greatest person to ever grace this shitty fourum?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:01:12 am by I am lizard »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5350 on: December 19, 2014, 12:06:26 am »

Actually, that got retracted. Gabe Newell did it personally.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5351 on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:51 am »
Well then, glad they got their shit together (somewhat).

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5352 on: December 19, 2014, 12:29:36 am »
Well then, glad they got their shit together (somewhat).
To be honest I still find the game and it's fandom waaay stupider than the misguided and pointless attempts to get the game banned.

Doesn't matter though, in a week no one will care save for the massive community of stormfront members modding the NPCs to all look like Jews.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:33:22 am by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5353 on: December 19, 2014, 12:32:46 am »
Subject change time: Favourite Video game weapon or tool.

Mine has got to be the Medigun.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #5354 on: December 19, 2014, 03:01:48 am »
R.Y.N.O. V. It machine-guns 20 rockets/second while blaring the 1812 overture. What's not to love?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".