Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1516625 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5730 on: April 27, 2015, 06:03:32 pm »
I played Bioshock Infinate for about four hours this morning (inb4 slowpoke) and I understand exactly nothing.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5731 on: April 27, 2015, 06:08:23 pm »
How the fuck does Regigigas make me go through seventeen Ultra Balls.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5732 on: April 27, 2015, 06:38:46 pm »
Sometimes I start again with games I left a while back. I've done that for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and gods damn, I forgot how annoying and dumb the anti-aug people are.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5733 on: April 27, 2015, 06:47:40 pm »
I played Bioshock Infinate for about four hours this morning (inb4 slowpoke) and I understand exactly nothing.

Keep playing.  You'll understand less then that then suddenly realize how much you actually knew.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5734 on: April 27, 2015, 09:07:37 pm »
Witcher 3 in three weeks, get HYPE. playing through the first two again so I'll have saves to port over.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5735 on: April 27, 2015, 11:33:48 pm »
So it would seem Valve's oh so brilliant scheme to sell Skyrim mods has been scrapped after only a week, if that. I must say, I'm quite surprised. Both that they were so quick to concede defeat, and that they thought this was a remotely good idea in the first place.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5736 on: April 27, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »
So it would seem Valve's oh so brilliant scheme to sell Skyrim mods has been scrapped after only a week, if that. I must say, I'm quite surprised. Both that they were so quick to concede defeat, and that they thought this was a remotely good idea in the first place.
Apparently Gaben was down voted in R/gaming.

That's the equivalent of Jesus going to a highly Christian church and getting booed.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #5737 on: April 28, 2015, 06:12:41 am »
Skyrim's user reviews were also taking a beating, dropped like 10% in a day or two.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5738 on: April 28, 2015, 03:39:14 pm »

Keep playing.  You'll understand less then that then suddenly realize how much you actually knew.

Agreed.  After beating the game for the second time, I still didn't know completely what was going on.  After that. I just played the game until I finished the final battle, and then I'd start over.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5739 on: April 28, 2015, 10:28:14 pm »
You know what is sorely needed around here? A PC version of GTA: Liberty City Stories and GTA: Vice City Stories.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5740 on: April 29, 2015, 05:10:42 am »
Gta 5 isnt worth the money for me. I ONLY purchase games legit for the multiplayer content. And gta 5 online is just so freaking boring and repetitive.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5741 on: May 01, 2015, 07:32:05 am »
It seems that Saints Row 2 is $2.50 this weekend. I very much approve of this state of affairs.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #5742 on: May 01, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »
Might & Magic humble bundle? YAY! Most of the games are on Uplay? BOO

Srsly tho, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic is one of the top 15 games I've played ever and it's a steam key so the bundle is worth it just for that.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #5743 on: May 01, 2015, 04:33:58 pm »
Been playing Godzilla: Kaiju Collection. Probably the first phone game that I actually like.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5744 on: May 04, 2015, 07:52:30 am »
I must say, Yooka-Laylee is something I may actually get hyped for, and by "may actually get hyped for", I mean "may actually have jizzed in my pants upon hearing about it". Basically, the original team from Rare who made Banjo-Kazooie have, with the help of a stupidly successful Kickstarter, begun work on a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. I must say, after the disappointment that was Nuts 'n' Bolts, this is exactly what we need right now.

And yes, they have Grant Kirkhope doing the music. Needless to say, this is going to be glorious.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:58:37 pm by Art Vandelay »