Author Topic: Reverend Supports gays, loses congregation  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Reverend Supports gays, loses congregation
« on: June 05, 2012, 11:50:01 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29#/video/bestoftv/2012/06/05/erin-pkg-mattingly-minister-same-sex-marriage-support.cnn

Not much to say here. Reverend White told his congregation that he supports gay marriage, and two thirds of them leave his church. Good on him for sticking to his guns after a move that's essentially destroyed his church.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Reverend Supports gays, loses congregation
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:53:03 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29#/video/bestoftv/2012/06/05/erin-pkg-mattingly-minister-same-sex-marriage-support.cnn

Not much to say here. Reverend White told his congregation that he supports gay marriage, and two thirds of them leave his church. Good on him for sticking to his guns after a move that's essentially destroyed his church.
Hey maybe he can get some new members like if the local unitarian church is overcrowded

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 01:22:03 am »
If you are the type of christian that cannot handle your pastor supporting gays, then you obviously are not the type of christian a pastor like that would want in his church. There are plenty of religious homosexual people who would probably love to join a church which treats them with tolerance to make up for the losses.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:48:48 am »
If you are the type of christian that cannot handle your pastor supporting gays, then you obviously are not the type of christian a pastor like that would want in his church. There are plenty of religious homosexual people who would probably love to join a church which treats them with tolerance to make up for the losses.

Not just religious homosexual people, but those who support equality for everyone.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 08:56:03 am »
I haven't been this surprised since the time I found out that sticking your dick in a sandwich toaster is really fucking painful.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 08:57:14 am »
I just wonder what they would do if they died, went to the pearly gates, and God told them "you are welcome to come into Heaven, but we do not tolerate homophobia here. We must love all people regardless of race, gender, or orientation equally; for they are my children." Would those church-goers like, stand up and march out of Heaven?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 09:19:39 am »
I just wonder what they would do if they died, went to the pearly gates, and God told them "you are welcome to come into Heaven, but we do not tolerate homophobia here. We must love all people regardless of race, gender, or orientation equally; for they are my children." Would those church-goers like, stand up and march out of Heaven?

Nope. They'd lie. "Oh, I do love gay people. It's the gay buttsex I hated. You know, love the sinner, hate the sin." Then they'd get bounced out.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 11:08:05 am »
If God knows everything about them down to the number of hairs on their heads, why bother asking the question? Couldn't he just give them the wrong directions or something?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.