Community > FQA Projects

Partners/Allies: Our Mutual Network

(1/2) > >>

Her3tiK:
If we're going to take this blog/news site seriously and get it off the ground, we need to find partners to build an audience with. Does anyone have any idea for outlets that we'd be able to network with and/or leech an audience off of? Perhaps those of us who are interested in creating content can write for other sites that are amicable to cross-posting or, at the very least, okay with us giving shoutouts to FQA.

I currently write for The Good Men Project and Creative Edge Music. While the latter likely won't allow me to do much more than add a hyperlink to my bio, GMP has stated that I can do that, as well as host content from other sites and provide a link to the original. I have no problem with contributing to FQA, and using GMP to cross-promote when the topic is compatible.

wrightway:
I've been kicking this suggestion around for awhile: given the high number of LGBT on this forum, as well as other SJAs, shouldn't the primary focus of FQA be social justice?

Her3tiK:

--- Quote from: Brain Fritz on September 17, 2013, 01:16:31 pm ---I've been kicking this suggestion around for awhile: given the high number of LGBT on this forum, as well as other SJAs, shouldn't the primary focus of FQA be social justice?

--- End quote ---
Perhaps, but the FQA banner wouldn't make much sense. Frequency Questioned Answers suggests that our purpose would be something along the lines of Snopes, and less in line with social advocacy. We can certainly do both; assuming that transpersons rights are next to be addressed, there are misconceptions that will need to be addressed and corrected. And it's not like sites such as Alternet and Think Progress aren't open about their support for equality, and other similar issues. If anything, such articles would need to be addressed from the appropriate viewpoint.
That's something I'm having to do when I write for GMP. It's a bit of a pain sometimes, but it's doable and, in some cases, helps provide some focus for the topic at hand.

Sleepy:

--- Quote from: Her3tiK on September 17, 2013, 03:28:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: Brain Fritz on September 17, 2013, 01:16:31 pm ---I've been kicking this suggestion around for awhile: given the high number of LGBT on this forum, as well as other SJAs, shouldn't the primary focus of FQA be social justice?

--- End quote ---
Perhaps, but the FQA banner wouldn't make much sense. Frequency Questioned Answers suggests that our purpose would be something along the lines of Snopes, and less in line with social advocacy. We can certainly do both; assuming that transpersons rights are next to be addressed, there are misconceptions that will need to be addressed and corrected. And it's not like sites such as Alternet and Think Progress aren't open about their support for equality, and other similar issues. If anything, such articles would need to be addressed from the appropriate viewpoint.
That's something I'm having to do when I write for GMP. It's a bit of a pain sometimes, but it's doable and, in some cases, helps provide some focus for the topic at hand.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this. The site's main focus isn't LGBT and other social justice issues, though it's certainly a major issue we can tackle. We have to balance that with politics, religious matters, science, etc.

gomer21xx:
If anyone needs an extra outlet, my site's still accepting submissions. =)

That reminds me... shit!  I think there's still a submission waiting my perusal in my site inbox! O_O *runs!*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version