Author Topic: The Trial of George Zimmerman  (Read 65651 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: The Trial of George Zimmerman
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 12:54:04 am »
This'll be the new OJ Simpson Trial.

The new OJ was Casey Anthony. I'd say Jodi Arias was the next, but I paid no attention to that other than that some crazy ex-girlfriend  stalked and killed her ex-boyfriend or something.

Also, I've not paid much attention to this so far and haven't read the whole thread, but I do remember seeing on TV earlier today that Nancy Grace or someone was taking Zimmerman's side it seemed, and was trying to make Trayvon out to be a violent thug.. Granted I only watched maybe a minute of it so I might be wrong.

It's been surprisingly quiet and empty outside the Sanford court house. That is ominous, in a way.

I remember seeing video of people getting into brawls over getting the seats open for the Casey Anthony trial. People camped out in front of the courthouse in the hope of getting a seat.

Edit: 1234th post!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:01:21 am by MadCatTLX »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 01:02:25 am »
Like I said before, the "violent thug" thing about Trayvon is emotional manipulation. Whether or not Trayvon was a dangerous thug or straight A student doesn't affect the fact that he wasn't doing anything illegal and all accounts indicate that he was barely even suspicious except to a guy who has been quoted as telling people to specifically watch out for black youths like Trayvon.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 01:06:58 am »
I think he had trace amounts of THC which in a black kid makes him a thug. 

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 01:17:21 am »
I think he had trace amounts of THC which in a black kid makes him a thug.

Because it's not like several white kids I know came to school stoned off their ass, or on one occasion tripping on shrooms. Mind you, they worst they did while high was being lazy and maybe obnoxious. You know, their normal selves.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 01:36:24 am »
Yeah pot usually makes you less agresssive but to fox it makes you violent you know if you are black

wrightway

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 11:04:36 am »
This'll be the new OJ Simpson Trial.

The new OJ was Casey Anthony. I'd say Jodi Arias was the next, but I paid no attention to that other than that some crazy ex-girlfriend  stalked and killed her ex-boyfriend or something.

Also, I've not paid much attention to this so far and haven't read the whole thread, but I do remember seeing on TV earlier today that Nancy Grace or someone was taking Zimmerman's side it seemed, and was trying to make Trayvon out to be a violent thug.. Granted I only watched maybe a minute of it so I might be wrong.

Can someone confirm this? I knew Nancy Grace was a bitch, but this is absurd levels of it.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 11:27:15 am »
I thought grace defended Travyon

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2013, 11:53:17 am »
I thought grace defended Travyon

She might have been. She was having a discussion with someone and from her tone I might have walked into the room right after she said, "so what your saying is... ?" and I only caught the tail end of what she said.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 01:11:00 pm »
She's pro Trayvon. She's a former prosecuting attorney, so is not naïve to the fact that black kids tend to get framed in the worst possible light, even when they are not doing anything wrong. But that gluey Southern accent of her's doesn't help. Nor does her gratingly aggressive tone of voice on just about any topic. I can't watch her for more than a few minutes at a time.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 01:38:28 pm »
A lot of people are still mad over the fact she was part of why Casey got off

wrightway

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 01:43:11 pm »
Wasn't there a woman who committed suicide after being hounded by Grace?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 01:58:30 pm »
A lot of people are still mad over the fact she was part of why Casey got off

Why? Did people feel sorry for Tot Mom, as Grace called Anthony? Her hatred of Casey Anthony is over-the-top and surreal, as bad as Anthony is. Granted, Grace is basically a rabid dog in manner and style in general, and her carping can certainly have the unintended backlash effect of making the prosecution seem like a lynch mob....because Grace can come off like a one woman lynch mob.

I'm going to look that up, and it would not surprise me. Someone who already has psychological problems could easily be tipped over the edge by the thought of Grace very publicly crying for their blood on TV, and knowing their reputation is destroyed by that, too. Terrifying, and especially so when Grace gets it wrong, as I am sure she has, in re a person's actual guilt. "Blood Lust For Justice" is not about justice...it is about blood lust.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2013, 02:05:53 pm »
It come down to who (That is who the jury believes) started the physical confrontation.  Zimmerman was not breaking any law by following Martin or even asking him what he was doing.  So if the jury believes Martin started the physical fight Zimmerman will get off.

I personally think he is guilty but so far the most the defense is doing a very good job.  They made the prosecution's star witness look foolish and had another admit he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman.  I think he is going to be acquitted.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

wrightway

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2013, 03:33:54 pm »

I'm going to look that up, and it would not surprise me. Someone who already has psychological problems could easily be tipped over the edge by the thought of Grace very publicly crying for their blood on TV, and knowing their reputation is destroyed by that, too. Terrifying, and especially so when Grace gets it wrong, as I am sure she has, in re a person's actual guilt. "Blood Lust For Justice" is not about justice...it is about blood lust.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/12/nancy_grace_pushed_melinda_duc.php

It later became the inspiration for an SVU episode.

Zimmerman has a great lawyer, I'll give him that. Hopefully the jury is smarter than I'm giving them credit for.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2013, 03:51:42 pm »
It come down to who (That is who the jury believes) started the physical confrontation.  Zimmerman was not breaking any law by following Martin or even asking him what he was doing.  So if the jury believes Martin started the physical fight Zimmerman will get off.

Not if they follow Florida law. Zimmerman was not in his house, so there he cannot use the Castle Doctrine. And even if Martin did start the fight, he could not have used deadly force (since he had no weapon), meaning Zimmerman cannot rely on a self-defense claim. (If arguing self-defense, you cannot use more force than was used against you. Which means Zimmerman could not use deadly force.)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg