Author Topic: The Trial of George Zimmerman  (Read 65682 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: The Trial of George Zimmerman
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2013, 09:39:39 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k48qU4fxqSg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k48qU4fxqSg</a>

Is this, like, Tourettes Guy 2.0?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #316 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:53 pm »
Angry Grandpa is an awesome youtube actor. He and his grandson started out doing spoof videos of the old man years ago, back when they lived in a soon-to-be-condemned trailer park in Savannah, Georgia. Grandpa is an old line Dixie democrat, working man type, and he came down to Florida to visit the site in a woody thicket where Caylee Anthony's tiny body was found, to leave flowers and say a prayer. He was soon in free flowing tears and unable to continue the recording. It was the only serious video he has ever done.

Although this one is over the top and part of grandpa's "act", he is no doubt seriously pissed off by the Zimmerman acquittal (I doubt the TV was live, but a DVR cap being replayed to enact the Grandpa Raging episode).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline BrandonL337

• Tyrannical Pervert Judge (MWAHAHAHA)
  • Apprentice
« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »
Welp, looks Like Zimmerman, in addition to being a scumbag murder and woman-beater, is also a child-molestor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/george-zimmerman_n_1676729.html

Holy, shit, there are no words.  How in the hell has this fucker kept getting away with these things?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #318 on: July 15, 2013, 11:35:45 pm »
Yes, Eric the jury along with the Judge, the Prosecution and all the other lawyers that have been on NPR, local public radio, commercial radio, and the networks are wrong.

...or perhaps you are?

Now that's an "appeal to authority/popularity" fallacy if I've ever seen one.

Eric has consistently provided evidence supporting what he says.  All you've done is... repeat yourself and then say that "Hey all of these people disagree with you so therefore you must be wrong"

Might want to try a little harder.

I have to disagree with you here, Nickerson's argument is not fallacious. If a large number of experts agree to something in their field of expertise, that is decent evidence in favour of it. Not perfect, of course, but it's not irrelevant either. This is even more so in law, which is a human construction and where the truth is ultimately determined by human beliefs and actions.

That is, conditional on his premise being true and in fact the judge, the prosecution and every other legal expert consulted on the matter agree with him. I have no idea if this is true or not, and I generally trust Eric's knowledge on the subject so it seems odd. But in any case, that would be a matter of factual error, not fallacious reasoning.
Σא

wrightway

« Reply #319 on: July 15, 2013, 11:37:30 pm »
Welp, looks Like Zimmerman, in addition to being a scumbag murder and woman-beater, is also a child-molestor.

Holy, shit, there are no words.  How in the hell has this fucker kept getting away with these things?

And his legal team says they'll defend him against this too...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #320 on: July 15, 2013, 11:46:37 pm »

I say let them.  They'll ruin their reputation, and give Zimmerman what he deserves: more publicity.  His life was over the moment this went public, think about it...there are going to be people who are none too pleased with the verdict, and some who are quite literally out for his blood.  He'll have to watch his back until either this dies down or, if he gets enough media attention post facto, then it'll last until he's dead.  He will NEVER lead the life he did before this, its no longer possible.  He gets just what he deserves, freedom and life in a nightmare of constant fear.

I, personally, hope no one ever forgets this and that Zimmerman lives a nice, LONG life.  Let him live to 100 years-old, and let every day be filled with fear of retribution.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2013, 11:52:48 pm »
Jesus fuck.  What more did this idiot do?

Ironbite-seriously...the fuck!?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #322 on: July 15, 2013, 11:53:28 pm »

Well it's their job to defend people in court. Even the one's that are guilty.

I'm slightly sceptical about these accusations that keep popping up. I mean on one hand the timing is what it is while on the other hand it does make sense that she's been afraid of him untill now so she didn't come out with this before...

I'd like to say the court can handle this, that they are better equipped and have better access to facts than a random person with an internet connection but after the last time Zimmerman was in court I'm not sure if I trust the US justice system's judgement.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

wrightway

« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2013, 12:14:36 am »
"Folks, this is a victory for the rule of law; in that Florida apparently no longer has rules or laws"

Stephen Colbert

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2013, 12:38:02 am »

Well it's their job to defend people in court. Even the one's that are guilty.

I'm slightly sceptical about these accusations that keep popping up. I mean on one hand the timing is what it is while on the other hand it does make sense that she's been afraid of him untill now so she didn't come out with this before...

I'd like to say the court can handle this, that they are better equipped and have better access to facts than a random person with an internet connection but after the last time Zimmerman was in court I'm not sure if I trust the US justice system's judgement.

That article was written a year ago, apparently, so it isn't an accusation that was suddenly made after he got acquitted.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2013, 01:08:14 am »
Oh.

Well serves me right for not checking the dates or reading thorougly through the article.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2013, 01:11:25 am »
Am I the only one bothered by one of the jurors being a racist and saying things such as:

“I think George was pretty consistent..told the truth basically. It happened, “pretty much the way George said."
“I have no doubt George feared for his life, in the situation he was in at the time."
“Zimmerman’s heart was in the right place … just went terribly wrong."
"Trayvon should’ve walked away."
"I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him (George Zimmerman)."
"Rachel Jeantel was not credible…I felt bad for her. A lot of the time, she was using phrases I’ve never heard before."
“I think all of us (the jury) didn’t think race played a role."
"I didn’t understand why the case had gotten so big because I didn’t see this case as racial."
"And all the people that want him guilty, aren’t going to have any closure. I just never saw it as a racial thing."
“George Zimmerman was just frustrated. I think he just didn’t know when to stop. Too many things were happening in his neighborhood. I think he’s changed now."
“I think he has every right to carry a gun."
George Zimmerman is going to be more responsible with a gun than anyone else on the planet right now.
Initial jury vote was: 3 for not guilty, 1 for second degree murder, 2 for manslaughter
"The laws regarding manslaughter, self-defense, etc. were very confusing to comprehend."
*sobs* “This was an emotional trial." *Anderson Cooper asks if she felt sad for Trayvon Martin*……………….Um yes and I feel sorry for George too.
It’s just sad that we all had to come together and figure out what is going to happen to this man’s life afterwards."

Source: Anderson Cooper interview

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2013, 01:13:38 am »
"Trayvon should’ve walked away."

Well, he did. George kept following him after he tried to flee.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2013, 01:35:52 am »
About the same juror:

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.