Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2068356 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #6600 on: July 19, 2013, 06:30:38 am »
I had a vaguely similar concept for a story. It would basically be the idea of a person being alive who was 100% invincible and immortal. He just woke up one morning and found that he never aged, never got sick, and never had to eat, drink, or sleep. Not only was he invulnerable to harm, but his body actively blocked said harm: a car running him over would hit an invisible wall stronger than any material millimeters from his body, for instance.

It was basically detailing the story of what would happen when this young man discovers that he can essentially do anything he wants without anyone able to stop him, and the reactions of the world to his presence.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #6601 on: July 19, 2013, 07:54:13 am »
That sounds utterly amazing. I'd read that.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #6602 on: July 19, 2013, 11:29:29 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4t1WBJKqA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4t1WBJKqA</a>

Yup, this is tumblr indeed. That being said, that place is as addictive as crack.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:34:09 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6603 on: July 19, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »
You're awesome, but don't understand that many people won't hate him, but envy him.

Yes I guess that would happen; people often seem to idolise characters you're supposed to hate.  I don't know how you make a character where that wouldn't happen.  Probably takes more writing skill than I posses.
The only way to stop that is to make them purely vile, like kicking kittens and stuff, and even then, people will just call you a hack for that. People will like villains. The only other recourse is to make them ugly.

I like Tyrion Lannister even tho he's supposedly the ugliest thing in Westeros. I hate Joffrey even tho he's described as a pretty boy but he does the most vile shit you would wish Cersei got rid of him and can see why Tyrion tries to remove Joff from any power whatsoever.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6604 on: July 19, 2013, 01:57:08 pm »
Yeah, Joffrey is how you make a villain that people despise (though it may have gone a bit too far considering people are actually hating the actor himself for this role even though it's not his fault)

On the other hand, I wonder if people would like him more if he was an adult instead of an "inbred brat"?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #6605 on: July 19, 2013, 04:54:25 pm »
Yeah, Joffrey is how you make a villain that people despise (though it may have gone a bit too far considering people are actually hating the actor himself for this role even though it's not his fault)

On the other hand, I wonder if people would like him more if he was an adult instead of an "inbred brat"?

I doubt it. Mind you, I sorta like Joffrey, in the sense that Jack Gleeson's portrayal is a true joy to watch.

Meanwhile, in real life, Jack Gleeson is a perfect gentleman, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years, we hear that he and Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) are dating. From what she's said in interviews, she seems to like him. And Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) has openly admitted to crushing on Joe Dempsie (Gendry Waters).
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6606 on: July 19, 2013, 04:58:24 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heuKepgG7uQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heuKepgG7uQ</a>

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6607 on: July 19, 2013, 06:12:08 pm »

Yeah, it seems that people have a harder time separating child actors from roles than they do adults.  When Jason Isaacs was cast to play Lucius Malfoy, he watched the first film and thought that Tom Felton would end up being a little brat, and was surprised to find that he was a nice and polite boy.  I believe the woman who played Nellie Oleson on Little House on the Prairie said she had the same problems; people had the tendency to see her as the spoiled bratty girl she played.

I wonder if humanity in general just has some innate negative reaction when seeing bratty, spoiled children with too much power.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #6608 on: July 19, 2013, 06:23:39 pm »

Yup, this is tumblr indeed. That being said, that place is as addictive as crack.

A list of things that are missing in this image:
  • Pokémon (especially Gen 5 and the upcoming Gen 6)
  • Animal Crossing
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Sailor Moon
  • Madoka Magica (Great, I forgot the whole name now. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with anime titles)
  • Attack on Titan (That show's the rage there now)
  • SWIMMING ANIME SWIMMING ANIME SWIMMING ANIME
  • Something else Tumblr loves which I've forgot because they're either not that popular or I don't want anything to do with them.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6609 on: July 19, 2013, 07:10:28 pm »

A list of things that are missing in this image:
  • Pokémon (especially Gen 5 and the upcoming Gen 6)
  • Animal Crossing
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
  • Sailor Moon
  • Madoka Magica (Great, I forgot the whole name now. This is one of my biggest pet peeves with anime titles)
  • Attack on Titan (That show's the rage there now)
  • SWIMMING ANIME SWIMMING ANIME SWIMMING ANIME
  • Something else Tumblr loves which I've forgot because they're either not that popular or I don't want anything to do with them.

Also missing lots of marijuana and hipsterish emotional posts that say inspiring stuff like "It will be okay in the end" against a black and white, blurry background of a forest.

And it would be more accurate if all of the characters in that photo were having vicious gay sex.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6610 on: July 19, 2013, 07:46:16 pm »

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:19:13 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #6611 on: July 19, 2013, 09:51:42 pm »

The funny thing is that that's the Guy Fawkes mask, and Guy Fawkes was a man who wanted to assassinate King James not to rid England of theocratic rule, but to install theocratic rule under Catholicism instead of Protestantism.

That is not a mask of anti-Capitalism or anarchy, etc.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6612 on: July 20, 2013, 12:04:27 am »
No but it's been adopted as such because people can't history.

&

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6613 on: July 20, 2013, 12:12:53 am »
No but it's been adopted as such because people can't history.
Actually I think it's more because of V for vendetta comic and movie. The movie particularly where V is more heroic anarchist rather than a villain protagonist. Particularly since the Fawkes mask favoured by protestors is the comic version rather than what the original Fawkes mask looks like.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6614 on: July 20, 2013, 12:28:31 am »

The funny thing is that that's the Guy Fawkes mask, and Guy Fawkes was a man who wanted to assassinate King James not to rid England of theocratic rule, but to install theocratic rule under Catholicism instead of Protestantism.

That is not a mask of anti-Capitalism or anarchy, etc.

Richard Hammond (one of the three Top Gear presenters, for those with no culture) hosted a BBC special on the Gunpowder Plot. The big draw was that they would build a recreation of the House of Parliament and load it with Fawkes's estimated gunpowder load and then detonate it to see what damage would have been done (the answer is "all of the damage ever"), but it also had a lot of history about the plot and how it went forward, as well as why Fawkes was doing what he did.

It also ended by explaining just why his plot was terribly stupid: you can't change the leadership of an entire nation by blowing up the king and some representatives. What would have likely happened if the plot succeeded would have been the introduction of a new Protestant ruler who would start a witch hunt against Catholics like never before seen until the religion was almost totally dead.