Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2068553 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #7680 on: October 26, 2013, 07:14:51 pm »
No...that picture is not Superwoman.  That's Supergirl.  His cousin.

Ironbite-just...so much fail.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #7681 on: October 26, 2013, 07:49:21 pm »
Not to mention Wonder Woman's hardly a model for traditional female relationship roles.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #7682 on: October 26, 2013, 11:31:45 pm »
I thought Superman Clark Kent was in a relationship with Lois Lane. But whatever. Most shippers don't care about canon.

But seriously, I love how those Het Pride groadies are using an escapist-model man in a relationship with am escapist-model woman. And I female escapism is being out of the kitchen and I can most certainly imagine their escapist woman kicking as much ass as an escapist man.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7683 on: October 26, 2013, 11:47:55 pm »
I thought Superman Clark Kent was in a relationship with Lois Lane. But whatever. Most shippers don't care about canon.

Depends on the canon. For example in the "Kingdom come" storyline (awesome DC comic btw though it's one of their alternate timelines) Lane has been killed by Joker before the story even starts. (Along with everyone else working for the Daily planet.)

EDIT: and speaking of alternate timelines, in the "Red Son" comic Lois Lane marries Lex Luthor (who by then is the President of USA, the only country not ruled by Soviet union, and premier Superman.) while Superman dates Wonder woman.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 11:50:46 pm by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #7684 on: October 27, 2013, 12:14:05 am »
That's actually something I never understood. Why do so many people seem to want Superman and Wonder Woman to be together? As near as I can tell, it's just cause they're both famous characters.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7685 on: October 27, 2013, 12:42:03 am »
I think it's more about them both being superheroes, Lois Lane being a squishy mortal human.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7686 on: October 27, 2013, 12:45:52 am »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7687 on: October 27, 2013, 03:53:06 am »
Spoilered due to massive.
(click to show/hide)

Personally I can't understand why people get so angry over something like that. I mean the gun is still functional and seems to be in a pretty good condition, who cares if the owner wants to make it look (tacti)cool?

And "most disgusting thing I've seen?" Boy, you must have lived a very sheltered life.

Comments that aren't included in the pic also mention this being an atrocity and how horrible it is to destroy historical gun like that...

I know that some people think playing the Hitler card makes you automatically lose any argument but when a person defends a gun used by Nazi Germany (And it's predecessor and Israel) and claims "defacing" the gun is an atrocity I would like to remind that, this particular gun could have been used in real atrocities.

But I guess when you care more about inanimate objects than people and have no respect for other peoples choices if they go against your wishes, even if they have the legal right to do so and aren't harming anyone...

I don't think that really counts as "tacticool".
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7688 on: October 27, 2013, 04:06:49 am »
Spoilered due to massive.
(click to show/hide)

Personally I can't understand why people get so angry over something like that. I mean the gun is still functional and seems to be in a pretty good condition, who cares if the owner wants to make it look (tacti)cool?

And "most disgusting thing I've seen?" Boy, you must have lived a very sheltered life.

Comments that aren't included in the pic also mention this being an atrocity and how horrible it is to destroy historical gun like that...

I know that some people think playing the Hitler card makes you automatically lose any argument but when a person defends a gun used by Nazi Germany (And it's predecessor and Israel) and claims "defacing" the gun is an atrocity I would like to remind that, this particular gun could have been used in real atrocities.

But I guess when you care more about inanimate objects than people and have no respect for other peoples choices if they go against your wishes, even if they have the legal right to do so and aren't harming anyone...

That picture's not showing up for me.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7689 on: October 27, 2013, 07:52:48 am »
That picture's not showing up for me.

I'm gonna try again. It worked before but for some reason doesn't now. Here is a link that has that picture and some others (but no comments, the original pic had a gun and some 4chan comments screencapped.)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-USK0P2hRQDo/UBfuFYRLKJI/AAAAAAAAd7U/KRBM7eWi7G4/s1600/565MLPguns.jpg

It was the Gewehr 98k in the picture. For some reason MLP fans who like guns (and wish to combine those two hobbies) also like Rainbow dash. I mean we have Rainbow dash 98k, AK, shotgun and here a (nicely done) pistol: http://www.neatorama.com/2012/07/06/my-little-smith-wesson/#!mOgiG

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7690 on: October 27, 2013, 11:57:42 am »
(click to show/hide)
spoilered because huge.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7691 on: October 27, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7692 on: October 27, 2013, 02:33:21 pm »
HUUUUUUUGE!
(click to show/hide)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7693 on: October 27, 2013, 04:12:55 pm »

But seriously, I love how those Het Pride groadies are using an escapist-model man in a relationship with am escapist-model woman. And I female escapism is being out of the kitchen and I can most certainly imagine their escapist woman kicking as much ass as an escapist man.

Oh well then you'll love this then.

Ironbite-nu52 has Superman and Wonder Woman dating...so they're now canon.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7694 on: October 27, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »
Wonder Woman could do better.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet