Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2068750 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9645 on: August 29, 2014, 05:10:32 am »

An autistic kid's homework:

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9646 on: August 29, 2014, 03:33:21 pm »

And this is why I want to learn bookbinding. I've found tons of free E-books that are scans of old technical books from the early 1900s and such, and I'd love to have them as a physical copy. Besides, a computer folder full of PDF files is nowhere near as cool looking as shelves full of leather bound books.

For those interested in the free books on blacksmithing, machining, leather working, woodworking, here's the link. The site also sells tons of physical books that are still in print.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9647 on: August 29, 2014, 09:54:23 pm »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9648 on: August 31, 2014, 09:23:38 am »
Spoilered for size.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9649 on: August 31, 2014, 09:37:38 am »
Spoilered for size.

(click to show/hide)

Those are great. And it's funny, pretty much all of those paradoxes came up in my discrete math class.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9650 on: August 31, 2014, 11:55:42 am »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9651 on: August 31, 2014, 03:11:55 pm »

Does that experiment weight the groups accurately to reflect per-capita religious demographics in the area? Right now it just looks like a sample of the well-to-do adherents of a dominant religion.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9652 on: August 31, 2014, 03:18:18 pm »
Well, we can safely assume that the region is America, I think, though that's obviously not proven. While other religions such as Islam and Hinduism are hardly dominant in that country, Christianity tends to be the majority religion pretty much everywhere. Yet, we fail to see a single bill in the Christianity bowl, and what look to be multiple bills as well as more coins in the atheist and agnostic bowls. So while you can't draw general conclusions about every religion, it's safe to say that since atheism and agnosticism have, we're assuming, less adherents in the area than Christianity, yet clearly more donations, all Christians are selfish misers.

Yes.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #9653 on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:09 pm »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9654 on: August 31, 2014, 03:34:37 pm »

Does that experiment weight the groups accurately to reflect per-capita religious demographics in the area? Right now it just looks like a sample of the well-to-do adherents of a dominant religion.

Not to mention the experiment is not blinded. How people behave in general is not the same as to how they behave when they think they are being judged as a representative of their religion.

I suspect this won't get published in a peer-reviewed journal.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9655 on: August 31, 2014, 03:45:30 pm »

Probably 'cus she's capable of making decisions for herself, whereas a video game character is not real and thus is unable to make decisions?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #9656 on: August 31, 2014, 03:49:13 pm »

Probably 'cus she's capable of making decisions for herself, whereas a video game character is not real and thus is unable to make decisions?
And I think most people wouldn't have a problem with skimpy costumes on female video game characters if they had the choice to wear something else.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #9657 on: August 31, 2014, 06:57:33 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #9658 on: August 31, 2014, 09:25:27 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast