Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2065882 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9915 on: November 05, 2014, 04:01:04 am »

...I need to use that gif at some point.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #9916 on: November 06, 2014, 01:41:09 pm »
This is a thing of beauty:

(click to show/hide)
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9917 on: November 06, 2014, 07:44:51 pm »

...I need to use that gif at some point.

Already found a quite appropriate use for it in a highly-charged political Twitter timeline. So c /thread/timeline/ * * would be more appropriate, but I'll take it! Thanks much!
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9918 on: November 06, 2014, 10:49:10 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9919 on: November 06, 2014, 11:09:11 pm »
Europe in a nutshell:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9920 on: November 06, 2014, 11:43:41 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9921 on: November 07, 2014, 04:50:11 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9922 on: November 09, 2014, 04:01:18 pm »

OK, I've mentioned this before, but:

The message is certainly a good one, but I don't understand what the duck has to do with it. Ducks really have nothing to do with gender equality.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #9923 on: November 09, 2014, 04:13:24 pm »

The message is certainly a good one, but I don't understand what the duck has to do with it. Ducks really have nothing to do with gender equality.
It's the "Actual Advice Mallard", who supposedly dispenses genuinely useful information. Most AAM memes contain lifehacks, though, so even in context it's weird.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:17:23 pm by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9924 on: November 09, 2014, 04:19:14 pm »

That's just how the meme works. There's no point in finding any deeper meaning in the chosen animal for advice animals.
Σא

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #9925 on: November 09, 2014, 10:11:06 pm »
Don't Ducks have their sexual organs evolved to make sex as horrifying as possible?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9926 on: November 09, 2014, 11:39:07 pm »
Don't Ducks have their sexual organs evolved to make sex as horrifying as possible?

Yep, here's a vid explaining it. Since it's a video involving duck genitalia, I shouldn't need to tell you it's NSFW.

(click to show/hide)
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9927 on: November 10, 2014, 01:11:26 am »

That's just how the meme works. There's no point in finding any deeper meaning in the chosen animal for advice animals.

There are some set "rules" or methods in this madness. When you use the image of "Insanity wolf" everyone knows that the "advice" is horrible and it is usually apparent even if you are unaware of the meme, but for the memes that are more easily mistaken it helps when you know what each animal means. Is it a unpopular opinion/statement which you still believe is important? Use "Elephant in the room." Awkward confession? Use that bearcub that looks a bit embarrassed. And so on.

Back to silly:
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:16:14 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9928 on: November 10, 2014, 08:26:09 am »
No, if it was a fixed quantum point it would act more like a Truly Immovable Rod.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #9929 on: November 10, 2014, 09:18:47 am »
The funny thing is, a leaked gif from Avengers 2 shows Captain America being able to wiggle Mjolnir a little bit, which no other human had even managed. Thor's face is priceless.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.