Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066715 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #11130 on: November 25, 2015, 04:48:04 am »
I've seen people claim that Undertale is an SJW game because it has nonviolence and "bisexual relationships".

Not even lying.

...Do you know what has those? Fallout series. Nonviolence from the first game on and bisexual relationships came in F2.

And that was just the first game I could think of.

Actually, plenty of RPGs have non-violent option and I for one think the game is rather poorly made if you can't find any other solutions to problems than violence.

As for "bisexual relationships" ...Grow up. LGBT characters and relationships are there and it makes the games more inclusive but if the character/plot is well written and not just a token "hey look what group we are pandering to!" it is not a problem. (And it's not like there isn't enough media being made that has no LGBT characters. If you are seriously afraid of getting "gay cooties" from a game no one is forcing you to play it but plenty of other people are going to like those features that you hate.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11131 on: November 25, 2015, 08:01:43 am »
LGBT relationships have been a thing in games since Ultima VII, when you could visit the "bath house" and...ahem, enjoy the ministrations of the various workers there, of either gender, no matter what gender the Avatar was.  Granted, its still basically bangin hookers, but it was the first game that I can recall where you can openly fuck a person of the same gender.  In 1992.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #11132 on: November 25, 2015, 08:08:26 am »
I've seen people claim that Undertale is an SJW game because it has nonviolence and "bisexual relationships".

Not even lying.

...Do you know what has those? Fallout series. Nonviolence from the first game on and bisexual relationships came in F2.

And that was just the first game I could think of.

Actually, plenty of RPGs have non-violent option and I for one think the game is rather poorly made if you can't find any other solutions to problems than violence.

As for "bisexual relationships" ...Grow up. LGBT characters and relationships are there and it makes the games more inclusive but if the character/plot is well written and not just a token "hey look what group we are pandering to!" it is not a problem. (And it's not like there isn't enough media being made that has no LGBT characters. If you are seriously afraid of getting "gay cooties" from a game no one is forcing you to play it but plenty of other people are going to like those features that you hate.)

to add to your list: f3 had homosexual relationships (and with the exception of one radroach) pacifist runs. same deal with new vegas, i believe for pacifist options (and i'm sure for same-sex relationships, hookers included).
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11133 on: November 25, 2015, 11:02:11 am »
Even old mainstream games like Splinter Cell have a "no kill" option, for all through the game but the last boss. Fucking NSA sneaky-ass pacifist commies!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11134 on: November 25, 2015, 11:53:12 am »
Plus in Undertale the pacifist run serves a thematic purpose in the overall story, also who could hate awesome lesbian fish woman Undyne and bisexual dinosaur mad scientist Alphys they are the best characters in the game besides Papyrus and Temmie.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #11135 on: November 25, 2015, 04:12:56 pm »
C'mon guys, we all know Undertale is a bad game because Toby contributed to Homestuck!

Seriously though, if a kid acting out a date with both male and female NPCs is "too SJW" for you, I don't know what to say besides "get your head out of your ass". It's a good thing almost no one who's bitching about Undertale has actually played Undertale, or they'd be bitching about the lesbian relationship in the true pacifist run.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #11136 on: November 25, 2015, 10:14:45 pm »

Let me buy that game then. I want to support SJW games and women in gaming, if only for the people it riles up.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11137 on: November 26, 2015, 04:53:24 am »

Knowing spiders this was not an overkill and besides, this did happen in Australia so it it quite possible that the spider threw some of the furniture.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #11138 on: November 26, 2015, 10:14:25 am »
Doesn't killing an Australian spider usually require calling in close air support?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #11139 on: November 26, 2015, 10:58:02 am »

Knowing spiders this was not an overkill and besides, this did happen in Australia so it it quite possible that the spider threw some of the furniture.

That looks like a black widow.  Don't they live in North America?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11140 on: November 26, 2015, 01:33:59 pm »
Shutter stock decoration for the story.

This is more like it:

Actual huntsman spider on an actual Australian toilet paper roll.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:37:44 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11141 on: November 26, 2015, 03:25:03 pm »
Doesn't killing an Australian spider usually require calling in close air support?
It's the sole reason we have an air force at all. If it weren't for the spiders, the whole thing would be a giant waste of money.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #11142 on: November 26, 2015, 04:11:35 pm »
It's the sole reason we have an air force at all. If it weren't for the spiders, the whole thing would be a giant waste of money.

I thought the air force was for the drop bears.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #11143 on: November 26, 2015, 08:05:07 pm »
The air force is the drop bears.
Σא

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11144 on: November 27, 2015, 08:15:49 am »
Shutter stock decoration for the story.

This is more like it:

Actual huntsman spider on an actual Australian toilet paper roll.

The original spider looks like a red-back spider which is closely related to black widows and even has been known to interbreed with brown widows. Red backs are usually fairly small but are quite dangerous. Huntsman on the otherhand which are big (can be bigger than your hand) are in fact very safe and placid. They don't spin webs and they eat lots of insects, they look as scary as fuck but won't actually bite anyone. The serious fucking spider though is the Funnel Web Spider, which is big like a huntsman and the most venomous spider on earth. It is the only spider with strong enough venom that it can kill a healthy adult. It also looks like it wants to bash you and steal your sneakers.