Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066990 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #11325 on: March 08, 2016, 02:40:07 am »
That's just mean.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #11326 on: March 08, 2016, 02:41:36 am »
That's just mean.

I would file it under the "well-deserved meanness" category.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11327 on: March 08, 2016, 08:39:35 am »
"Ruthless Soccer Mom" is a stereotype for a reason. Specifically, middle to upper middle class married mothers with no lack of resources, no social barriers, etc. I've dealt with many of the same type over the years I worked in restaurants. They can be hideously rude, self-entitled and disruptive demon spawners. Especially when comparing them to working class single moms, who have a very good excuse to act out - but rarely ever do - I say to the OP, Troll onwards, proud lol-ster.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11328 on: March 08, 2016, 09:05:33 am »
"Ruthless Soccer Mom" is a stereotype for a reason. Specifically, middle to upper middle class married mothers with no lack of resources, no social barriers, etc. I've dealt with many of the same type over the years I worked in restaurants. They can be hideously rude, self-entitled and disruptive demon spawners. Especially when comparing them to working class single moms, who have a very good excuse to act out - but rarely ever do - I say to the OP, Troll onwards, proud lol-ster.

Yup, there's a large number of people who feel that, because they managed to successfully insert tab A into slot B, they are entitled to special treatment and exemption from rules.  Just because you managed to do something that literally any moron could do by accident doesn't mean you should be treated like a queen/king.  While certain considerations and accommodations are fine, you and your kids are subject to the same effing rules as the rest of us.  In the words of Adam Buckley: "You are not special."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #11329 on: March 08, 2016, 09:07:16 am »
Honestly, if I were to do it, I'd buy the three seats behind me as well, otherwise you get the pissed parents letting their kids kick the back of your seat.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11330 on: March 08, 2016, 09:10:50 am »
Honestly, if I were to do it, I'd buy the three seats behind me as well, otherwise you get the pissed parents letting their kids kick the back of your seat.

Makes me wonder how much it'd cost to, literally, reserve an entire room.  It'd be glorious to see the shitfit entitled soccer moms would pitch when they realize them and their brood can't sit anywhere without your permission.  Do that with the latest super-marketable kids movie and just spend the entire time with noise-cancelling headphones, playing shit on your phone, just to grind that salt a little deeper into the wound.

pyro

« Reply #11331 on: March 08, 2016, 10:39:10 am »
Isn't there a cheaper option to request a private screening?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11332 on: March 08, 2016, 12:08:57 pm »
Isn't there a cheaper option to request a private screening?

Got me, dude.  I'd just as soon get a VIP seat, since they're, as far as I know, 21 and up only as they come with bar access.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #11333 on: March 08, 2016, 01:09:00 pm »

Makes me wonder how much it'd cost to, literally, reserve an entire room.  It'd be glorious to see the shitfit entitled soccer moms would pitch when they realize them and their brood can't sit anywhere without your permission.  Do that with the latest super-marketable kids movie and just spend the entire time with noise-cancelling headphones, playing shit on your phone, just to grind that salt a little deeper into the wound.

Assuming a theater has about 20 rows of seats, which seems a fair assumption to me, you're looking at around three thousand dollars.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11334 on: March 08, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »
Oh, fuck yeah. I'd drop 3 grand and fill the seats with busloads of poor and/or homeless families. Watch the white soccer moms turn blue trying to control their rage in front of their kids...for maybe 10 seconds... then it's "Katie Kaboom" time. XD
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

pyro

« Reply #11335 on: March 08, 2016, 06:31:53 pm »
Oh, fuck yeah. I'd drop 3 grand and fill the seats with busloads of poor and/or homeless families. Watch the white soccer moms turn blue trying to control their rage in front of their kids...for maybe 10 seconds... then it's "Katie Kaboom" time. XD

Katie would grow up into someone like that, and probably at about 21, too. :-)

Got me, dude.  I'd just as soon get a VIP seat, since they're, as far as I know, 21 and up only as they come with bar access.

It almost certainly depends on the theater. The one near where I live lists a minimum cost of $400. I'm willing to assume it never reaches $3,000.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:36:06 pm by pyro »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11336 on: March 09, 2016, 12:45:56 am »

I still think that representation of minorities in fiction is important but this is still funny.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #11337 on: March 09, 2016, 12:58:22 am »
A cast with no cishets in it is tokenism, now. Got it. Now please excuse me, I must make one of my characters cisgender and heterosexual. You know. So I don't tokenize non-cishet people.

(I don't want to turn this into a whole thing, but DAMN that's some bad logic.)

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11338 on: March 09, 2016, 01:05:34 am »
I think you are missing the point. Trying to fit every single minority and category into the cast is tokenism.

Even if a few minorities are missing from the cast of story X the story can have more diversity than on average but trying to fit every damn one of them into it is tokenism. (Who was it here who wrote a short story that tried to have as many minorities as possible and was still attacked for the lack of one specific minority?)

pyro

« Reply #11339 on: March 09, 2016, 01:12:27 am »
[pedantic] Actually, a cast made up entirely of vanilla lesbians is one made up entirely of queer people, just like the original-original poster wanted it. No need to squeeze every possible variety in. [/pedantic]