Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 569219 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #435 on: February 14, 2012, 10:35:36 am »
Well, it doesn't sound all that hilarious to me... >w> So is that why most of the hooks at my Toys "R" Us are still constantly empty despite weeks and weeks passing, and I've only ever seen the really big Rainbow Dash plush all of once? I can't even find that one on Amazon... =<  (At least I did get the Pinkie Pie variant.) They only did just get some pink Celestias, blind-bag ponies, and Crusader combo packs, like, this week, but seriously.

It sounds pretty disenheartening, because I kind of have my heart set on that new Nightmare Moon already, because she's not only important to me, but also to my ponysona character. I would probably kill for that toy, and if you think I'm exaggerating, you lay down on the butcher paper and try not to move. >w>
Are you SURE the was a Rainbow Dash plush? The Hasbro store doesn't seem to have one, and all I've seen are Twilight and Pinkie Pie. :/

I'm as certain as I can be with no actual proof or way to verify.
Then I must choose to distrust you...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmRYccuXWNA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmRYccuXWNA</a>

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #436 on: February 14, 2012, 04:07:01 pm »
In other news, 3 of the blind-bags I got for V-day had the rare sparkle variants of the mane characters inside them. Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle (appropriate), and... Pinkie Pie~

Can never. Have too much. Pinkie Pie. <3
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #437 on: February 14, 2012, 11:31:59 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCbSo5cqMw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCbSo5cqMw</a>
Question: @0:21-0:22, Is that Derpy & Doctor Whooves on that one bridge??
Because I'm having a"They are listening to us" moment over it.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #438 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:10 pm »

Why yes. Yes it is. When you look close, you can clearly see the hourglass mark on the stallion, and Derpy's eyes are lopsided as usual.

Edit: You know, pausing at that scene... there seems to be at least three lesbian couples around the square. They actually out-number the straight ones.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:48:41 pm by Yaezakura »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #439 on: February 15, 2012, 01:31:46 am »

Why yes. Yes it is. When you look close, you can clearly see the hourglass mark on the stallion, and Derpy's eyes are lopsided as usual.

Edit: You know, pausing at that scene... there seems to be at least three lesbian couples around the square. They actually out-number the straight ones.

Or... It could be that not all of them are couples. It could be just two friends.

Just saying.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #440 on: February 15, 2012, 01:33:31 am »

Or... It could be that not all of them are couples. It could be just two friends.

Just saying.

hush :3 *scoots Lyra and Bonbon closer together, along with Tavi and Scratch*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #441 on: February 15, 2012, 01:37:46 am »
Lyra & Bon Bon are best couple in Ponyville, hands down.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #442 on: February 15, 2012, 01:41:29 am »

Just saying.

While possible, it would seem to defeat the purpose of the scene. Sweetie Bell is singing about how almost everypony has that Very Special Somepony in their life. And then it pans out, and you see a lot of ponies coupled together--the Crusaders being the only example of more than two ponies being near each other.

It just so happens that if you take the time to look, most of those couples were made up of two girls.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #443 on: February 15, 2012, 01:51:29 am »

While possible, it would seem to defeat the purpose of the scene. Sweetie Bell is singing about how almost everypony has that Very Special Somepony in their life. And then it pans out, and you see a lot of ponies coupled together--the Crusaders being the only example of more than two ponies being near each other.

It just so happens that if you take the time to look, most of those couples were made up of two girls.

Well it still could be that they have more female ponies made as stock backgound characters and therefore instead of making extra male ponies just for one song they pair up the spares.

It was just an idea, please don't hurt me.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #444 on: February 15, 2012, 02:04:23 am »

Well it still could be that they have more female ponies made as stock backgound characters and therefore instead of making extra male ponies just for one song they pair up the spares.

Again, it's possible. But if they took the time to specifically include Doctor Whooves and Derpy, not to mention Bon Bon and Lyra, it doesn't feel like an accident. And there are other male ponies on the scene that are part of couples, but there's also just a noticeable number of two-girl pairings.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #445 on: February 15, 2012, 03:32:39 am »
Caramel is paired with blues in an overhead shot, but later with a girlfriend in the song.  Hm...

*rubs chin*
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #446 on: February 15, 2012, 04:15:10 am »
Caramel is paired with blues in an overhead shot, but later with a girlfriend in the song.  Hm...

*rubs chin*

He's a playa
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #447 on: February 15, 2012, 09:46:14 am »
Lyra & Bon Bon are best couple in Ponyville, hands down.

The fan-wank... dear gawd, the fan-wank...  :o

Again, it's possible. But if they took the time to specifically include Doctor Whooves and Derpy, not to mention Bon Bon and Lyra, it doesn't feel like an accident. And there are other male ponies on the scene that are part of couples, but there's also just a noticeable number of two-girl pairings.
I find it more likely the animators grabbed ponies at random for most things, rather than any specific relationship agenda.  :P

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #448 on: February 15, 2012, 11:19:34 am »
Yeah, it's more likely that the ponies were paired up by random.
Also anyone one else creeped out by the face on the pony in the jelly, I don't know why it just creeps me out.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #449 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:50 am »
Whether or not all the mare/mare pairings are intentional, it does leave room for interesting interpretations. More important plot devices have been born of authors just rolling with an initially-unintended detail.

Also anyone one else creeped out by the face on the pony in the jelly, I don't know why it just creeps me out.
Yeah, they’re having fun with that over on Memebase.
-A Pen Name