Author Topic: Fire at Notre Dame  (Read 2700 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Fire at Notre Dame
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 09:39:01 pm »
Sometimes, Dpareja, it seems like you and Jack freaking Chick might've found common ground about the Catholic Church.

If Joel Osteen's megachurch's roof caves in, Mr. Osteen and his congregation can pay for the repairs. I don't want a single cent of public money going toward it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

Re: Fire at Notre Dame
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 09:46:14 pm »
Maybe people just want to chip in. If there'd been an option to donate to rebuild the WTC, I think a lot of people would've contributed to that too.

On a side note, I heard some idiots have been using this to criticize the French president. Yeah, there are legit reasons to complain about Manny Macaroon, but how was this in any way his fault?
If individual people decide on their own that they want to give the Catholic Church a bunch of money, that's fine. I still think it's about as sensible as giving charity to Jeff Bezos, but at the end of the day, it's their money and they can do with it what they want. It's the Catholic Church going around hat in hand, particularly to governments, that I have a problem with. They have no business begging for money, they can already afford it just fine.