Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 272105 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1725 on: July 19, 2019, 08:17:57 am »
In order to decrease unemployment, the previous right-wing government of Finland introduced a policy that cuts your unemployment benefits every eight weeks if you don't work part-time or participate in a training program for the unemployed*. Unsurprisingly, the decrease in unemployment during the existence of this policy can't be separated from the trend in global economy. Since the only proven effect of the policy is many unemployed having their benefits cut the current center-left government is planning to scrap the model. The proponents of the policy aren't taking this without fight.

"You can easily avoid the cut - by getting a job."

Juhana Vartiainen is one of the most most visible economists in the Finnish media. Yes. An economist. Someone whose opinion influences public opinion and government policies. His solution to unemployment is more individual effort by the unemployed and hitting them with a figurative stick to motivate them.

*This training is provided by private contractors and paid from public funds with many programs being notoriously useless and demaning for anyone already possessing basic job hunting skills. In rural areas there aren't enough of these providers to serve all the applicants so many unemployed don't even have the means to fulfill the demands of the policy.

Offline fluffyDbringer

• Neonate
« Reply #1726 on: July 19, 2019, 11:05:24 pm »
yeah as someone who's been trying to get a job for a month now and applying several times a week, who can't really afford a paid hygiene/fire safety pass course to broaden his options since those are like a quarter of his current monthly income, and who's gonna feel the aktiivimalli next month no matter what since all those training programs he applied for don't start until next month: haistappa kokeeks vittu, juhana kusiainen

lemme just wear my job helmet and fire myself out of the job cannon into job land where jobs grow on trees, since that's apparently how that works
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:07:11 pm by fluffyDbringer »
"However, intelligent people can see the same issues, evidence, and inferences, and reach different conclusions. That is the human experience."
- The Queen

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1727 on: July 19, 2019, 11:13:33 pm »
The good old "blame the poor for capitalism's mistakes", meanwhile CEOs get bonuses every time they do layoffs.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1728 on: July 30, 2019, 12:47:03 am »
The latest thing that is destroying white people: FRUIT!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:52:25 am by Skybison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1729 on: July 30, 2019, 01:05:39 am »
Well he obviously can't be racist, he gives the same advice to non-whites!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1730 on: July 30, 2019, 04:17:18 am »
wash your fucking fruit if you want to get rid of bad stuff you incelibate mongrel its not that hard.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1731 on: July 30, 2019, 04:29:14 am »
Do not blame us when you get so severely constipated that you can't function, incel garbage fire, eat your damned fruits.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1732 on: July 30, 2019, 05:00:40 am »
Among the other things wrong with this, there are fruits that have been grown and eaten in Europe for thousands of years like grapes, pears and apples.  Even if Europeans weren't able to digest tomatoes or Bananas which only arrived in the continent recently (and they obviously can) they could eat these fruits easily.

Offline fluffyDbringer

• Neonate
« Reply #1733 on: July 30, 2019, 10:10:04 am »
would slap if racists were only allowed to eat durian
"However, intelligent people can see the same issues, evidence, and inferences, and reach different conclusions. That is the human experience."
- The Queen

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1734 on: July 30, 2019, 01:39:29 pm »
Grapes didn't exist in France I guess. Nor olives in Italy and Greece. Or, hell, tomatoes.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1735 on: July 30, 2019, 04:35:02 pm »
*faceclaws*

Ironbite-how in the fuck do these people function?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1736 on: July 30, 2019, 05:03:29 pm »
Grapes didn't exist in France I guess. Nor olives in Italy and Greece. Or, hell, tomatoes.

Well they have only had tomatoes in Italy since the 16th century as they are native to south america, the same with potatoes in Ireland and chillies in asia.

Grapes were introduced to France(Gaul) by the greeks and the romans in the first two centuries BC.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1737 on: July 30, 2019, 08:46:13 pm »
Well they have only had tomatoes in Italy since the 16th century as they are native to south america, the same with potatoes in Ireland and chillies in asia.

Grapes were introduced to France(Gaul) by the greeks and the romans in the first two centuries BC.

Very fair in regards to tomatoes. I stand by my grapes and olives statement.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1738 on: July 30, 2019, 09:41:40 pm »
I believe Lord Frieza speaks for me on this one;

How do you function?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1739 on: July 31, 2019, 12:01:52 am »

Very fair in regards to tomatoes. I stand by my grapes and olives statement.

Well you're right because of the grapes, olives and a horde of other fruit from apples to pomegranates