Author Topic: A Wager for Skybison  (Read 7500 times)

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
A Wager for Skybison
« on: July 05, 2019, 01:58:43 am »
Sky, I'd like to start by leveling with you. While I can understand why you consider the Lolcow Wiki articles on Brianna Wu to be transphobic, I don't agree with your idea that it's a "transphobic conspiracy theory". From my perspective, the article's tone isn't "wow, look at this freaky [transphobic slur]", it's "this woman is lying about her background and we have evidence". Maybe I'm reading it wrong (I've done that in the past, as you no doubt already know), but that's my reading.

What I will agree with you on, however, is that the evidence they present isn't exactly airtight. They say they have "incontrovertible" proof, but it could very well have been altered. So I'd like to try and kill two birds with one stone. To settle this disagreement and determine whether the evidence the article presents isn't just made up, I'd like to have a little wager. We do our own background check on Wu using the same resources the Lolcow Wiki claims to have used. If the check doesn't give evidence of Brianna Wu being a transwoman, I will take back any and all hurtful things I said about you, agree that the article is transphobic, and not treat the Lolcow Wiki as a valid source again. But if it does, you take back every hurtful thing you said about me, agree that the article isn't transphobic, and treat the Lolcow Wiki as a valid source.

Of course, this is dependent on whether you agree to the bet. You in?

P.S. I put this in Forum Games because, technically, a bet is a game of chance.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: A Wager for Skybison
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 04:40:09 am »
Why is Brianna Wu so important to you? She doesn't matter to the rest of the forum - nobody else gives a shit about her outside of the bizarre conspiracy theories you and other idiots post about her being ridiculously offensive.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline fluffyDbringer

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 08:10:43 am »
hey remember that epic counterargument to skybison that you totally had, but were withholding for reasons

I feel like you should maybe provide that before starting new shit. not very good-faith of you to leave an argument hanging like that. I expect better from you, the bastion of good faith on this den of degenerate SJWs
"However, intelligent people can see the same issues, evidence, and inferences, and reach different conclusions. That is the human experience."
- The Queen

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 11:01:39 am »
...Is this a joke?  Like I made a post replacing your words with pictures of sea lions to mock your sea lioning the mods, so your making an even more over the top post sea lioning me?

Anyway I've specifically said that I think there page trying to smear and discredit Wu with "She's Trans" is transphobic regardless of if it is true or not (and I am confident that it isn't) and I have no more interst in violating her privacy over this then I am in breaking into comet ping pong to make sure there is no ring of democrats molesting kids.  For a better wager, lets simply ask the trans members of this forum if they think you were being transphobic, if they say you were not I will admit I was wrong vice versa if they say you were.  Deal?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 10:08:20 pm »
Why is Brianna Wu so important to you? She doesn't matter to the rest of the forum - nobody else gives a shit about her outside of the bizarre conspiracy theories you and other idiots post about her being ridiculously offensive.

Two things.

1. I wasn't the one who brought up the theory of her secretly being trans. Sky did, and I've always made it clear that I'm skeptical.

2. She's not important to me. I'm just offering this bet because I know this is driving a wedge between me and Sky. Whether he gets proof that he's right or gets proven wrong, the issue will be settled once and for all and we can finally get beyond thunderdome it.

...Is this a joke?  Like I made a post replacing your words with pictures of sea lions to mock your sea lioning the mods, so your making an even more over the top post sea lioning me?

Anyway I've specifically said that I think there page trying to smear and discredit Wu with "She's Trans" is transphobic regardless of if it is true or not (and I am confident that it isn't) and I have no more interst in violating her privacy over this then I am in breaking into comet ping pong to make sure there is no ring of democrats molesting kids.  For a better wager, lets simply ask the trans members of this forum if they think you were being transphobic, if they say you were not I will admit I was wrong vice versa if they say you were.  Deal?

OK, let me address this.

First things first. Trying to draw attention to a question I asked isn't "sea lioning". And if suggesting a bet is "sea lioning", then the term's really lost all meaning (assuming it ever had any in the first place).

Now, let's talk about the meat of your post. If you don't want to do this, that's fine by me. But this isn't like rummaging through her trash or tapping her phone line, this is collecting publicly available information to verify certain claims. Really, this is no different from, say, investigating someone's job history or criminal record.

In any case, this isn't about Wu. It's about us. I just wanna bury this hatchet so we can move on. And I thought this might be a means of doing so. Either you get proven right and can say you told me so, or you get proven wrong and I can show I have more credibility than you say. I was willing to lose the bet if it meant things improving between us. But I guess there are other ways to do that. So Sky, can we please try to move past this?
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 10:11:27 pm »
This game is less productive than a game of Russian roulette with a glock
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 11:23:23 pm »
See Flame and burn for my answer because this isn't a game thread.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 12:09:05 am »
C'mon Sky, he just wants to be your friend, like back in the day. Why would you throw away years of friendship over something so insignificant...