Author Topic: 3-D Printed body parts  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
3-D Printed body parts
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:09:07 pm »
We recently had the bacon printer thread.  So now we have printed body parts. 

The marvels of modern science.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: 3-D Printed body parts
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:01:50 pm »
Man, do I have a great idea!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 04:36:17 pm »
Man, do I have a great idea!

I can imagine you do. ;)
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 03:09:14 am »
Wait, could this be used to help transsexuals make their transition? Could it create the appropriate body parts for them? Or am I misunderstanding?
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 05:43:13 am »
I don't think they can make anything that complicated yet. I think they are more likely to be able to make 'those' parts by growing them in vats.

...Now that is a lovely image. "Yeah, Bob your first task will be monitorinng and cleaning the cock jars." "What?" "Yeah, this room has 100 cocks growing in vats, now hop to it."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 09:40:34 pm »
I don't think they can make anything that complicated yet. I think they are more likely to be able to make 'those' parts by growing them in vats.

...Now that is a lovely image. "Yeah, Bob your first task will be monitorinng and cleaning the cock jars." "What?" "Yeah, this room has 100 cocks growing in vats, now hop to it."

How is this not a Family Guy cutaway gag yet?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 09:50:17 pm »
Science never ceases to amaze me.  This is like science fiction shit right there.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 11:27:23 am »
Are they edible?
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!