Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 856086 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2565 on: September 12, 2013, 02:00:35 am »
I was picked to do a special event for HHN on the 19th!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #2566 on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:35 am »
Today I am happy with myself.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2567 on: September 12, 2013, 11:51:22 pm »
We got the little cunt thats been keying peoples cars on the street. Photographic evidence and all
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2568 on: September 13, 2013, 12:45:27 am »
STORY TIEM YOU GUISE

When my high school biology teacher was in high school biology, his teacher had a really strong Boston accent. Said teacher was very stern and very sensitive about his accent and thus had twentysomething high schoolers convinced that the denizens of hell would tear the balls off anyone who dared mock his manner of speech.
Then comes my teacher. He was (and still is) an unrepentant shitstirrer. He decides to mock the teacher.
One portion of the class involved memorizing the periodic table of elements in preparation for upperclass chemistry, and the way they did that was by saying the elements in order of ascending atomic number. Every three days or so a new element would be added, turning the semester-long exercise into a really boring game of Simon. When the class got to number 33, my teacher decided to say "arsenic" like his teacher did: "ahhhsenic". He counted on the twentysomething other students to drown out the sound of his mockery by saying it correctly.
However, due to reasons still unknown, the teacher stopped the recitation an element early. This led to my biology teacher blurting "ahhhsenic" to an otherwise quiet room, much to his terror. The teacher very calmly asked to see him after class ad resumed teaching.  He describes the next forty minutes of normal but subdued class as "the most terrifying experience of my life up to that point".
After class, the teacher has him sit down on the other side of his desk and simply stares at him until he's almost ready to cry. (My biology teacher was a sensitive child before he learned not to care.) After about five eternities (or five minutes, he wasn't counting), the teacher writes him a late pass and sends him on his way. As he leaves the classroom, he can hear his teacher laughing.
My biology teacher is still slightly terrified of people with Boston accents. </pointless story is pointless>
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2569 on: September 13, 2013, 01:06:28 am »
He definitely sounds like a sensitive teenager if just staring at him could make him crap himself.

Staring works best if you could actually do some damage and you're trying to silently intimidate the other guy with that fact. A high school teacher, unless they whip off their belt, just isn't that scary.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2570 on: September 13, 2013, 01:47:24 am »
He definitely sounds like a sensitive teenager if just staring at him could make him crap himself.

Staring works best if you could actually do some damage and you're trying to silently intimidate the other guy with that fact. A high school teacher, unless they whip off their belt, just isn't that scary.

Not all threat is physical
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2571 on: September 13, 2013, 02:08:54 am »

Not all threat is physical

I'm aware, but it's a high school teacher. Unless you've been going to school in Hell (or wherever in Oklahoma MadCat is, which may be the same place), there's a limit to how much they can do without getting in deep shit.

Parents? Different matter.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2572 on: September 13, 2013, 12:24:37 pm »
From how I interpret it, the Boston teacher was scary due to force of personality and a nasty habit of contacting parents for slight infractions.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2573 on: September 14, 2013, 01:37:07 am »
From how I interpret it, the Boston teacher was scary due to force of personality and a nasty habit of contacting parents for slight infractions.

See, I never had to worry about that. My mom was actually sensible most of the time, and she could tell when something was afoot. She usually had more conflict with my teachers than I did.

There was an incident in 11th grade where someone misinterpreted (intentionally or otherwise) a joke I made as a bomb threat. After having all of my stuff and body searched (including going with a rather incredulous janitor to confirm that my locker was empty), I explained exactly what happened. The dean made the mistake of not telling my side of the story when on the phone with my mother, which she immediately found out and raised hell for.

The same dean threatened to have me arrested for trespassing when I was at the school after graduation to drop off some papers (because I didn't call the administrative office beforehand), and I pointed out that this was a recent policy change and they had no signage or any other warning indicating it. I ended up basically verbally flipping him off and leaving.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2574 on: September 14, 2013, 07:07:56 am »
The pet store got some baby love birds today. So hopefully soon I will have a couple of birdies :3
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2575 on: September 14, 2013, 07:13:42 am »
I am not sure that this is the most appropriate place for this, but I received my first topless pic from a friend last night. I say that because it wasn't meant to be sexual in nature.
How is a topless pic non-sexual?

"Does this look normal?"
"Check out my new tattoo/piercing."
"Look how much weight I've gained/lost."
"I look awesome!"
"Are these bug bites, or a rash?"
The middle three are all sexual. Especially the piercing, since the only one you have to get topless to show is nipples.

How, exactly, is showing off a new piercing or weight changes automatically sexual? Unless you're doing it with the intent of turning someone on, you're just showing someone a body part that has recently changed in appearance.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2576 on: September 14, 2013, 08:29:42 am »
To the one doing the showing, it may very well be perfectly platonic.  To any viewers, however, it could easily, understandably, and automatically be sexualized because that's how we've been wired.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2577 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:43 am »
To the one doing the showing, it may very well be perfectly platonic.  To any viewers, however, it could easily, understandably, and automatically be sexualized because that's how we've been wired.

In some cases, sure, but it's weird to be like "Nope, that's sexual because I would get turned on by it, even though both you and the other person didn't see it that way."
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2578 on: September 14, 2013, 06:48:10 pm »
I'm alive.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2579 on: September 14, 2013, 07:58:36 pm »
*hefts plasma rifle*

Ironbite-let's change that then.