Author Topic: Marine lose his collective shit.  (Read 9581 times)

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Re: Marine lose his collective shit.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 07:21:11 pm »
[video]

Here's a real life example, and not a poorly directed re-enactment meant to fit within the camera range of the

videographer who was recording from the sidewalk. I put that video up there because the reporter was at least

describing how these frauds are perpetrated.

What happens in this incident in the above dashcam video is pretty much what the paralysed vet and her brother say

happened to them before Mr. PTSD went all apeshit at them. I sure do wish the woman veteran had been recording

when the incident first began.
First, that looks completely different than what was being described in the OP. More of a sideswipe, not a pull in front of, tap the brakes several times to close the distance, THEN stop suddenly. As I said, if someone cuts you off at an unsafe distance and IMMEDIATELY hits the brakes, that's a different story, but that's not the impression I got from the description of these events. Now, I don't know exactly what went on with the veterans. I'm interpreting based on how it was described and using that as a jumping off point to make a point about safe driving.

Second, my comments were not dependent on how the example videos were directed, but on the circumstances being described. In both examples, car A was driving behind car B (not cut off by car B, just driving along behind it), can B stopped suddenly, car A hit it. Car A was by definition either tailgating or not paying attention.