Author Topic: Marine lose his collective shit.  (Read 9652 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Marine lose his collective shit.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 12:26:50 am »
Well, the OP literally said that he has PTSD and you questioned it. The thing is, did TGR edit that in after Fred made his initial post calling for his execution? I can understand not going back and looking at a short post and video just to see if anything was edited in after the fact, but not if you just plain ignored part of a short post and shot your mouth off.

You saw the timestamps on the edit, too, eh.  I guess it depends on what that edit was a minute after Fred posted.

MadCatTLX:  Where the hell did you get 19 minutes?

« Last Edit: Today at 07:48:24 PM by TGRwulf »
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:47:32 PM »

See how the edit is after the first reply?  You have to wonder what was changed in the OP.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 12:32:42 am »
Near the end of the OP it was said he has PTSD.

That said I have a friend who has PTSD caused be his ex-girlfriend, and he doesn't behave in any way like a douchetit.

PTSD can take many forms, from near-catatonia to explosive violence.

That being said, brake-checking someone and deliberately causing an accident isn't PTSD, it's just good old-fashioned douchery.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 12:37:18 am »
Well, the OP literally said that he has PTSD and you questioned it. The thing is, did TGR edit that in after Fred made his initial post calling for his execution? I can understand not going back and looking at a short post and video just to see if anything was edited in after the fact, but not if you just plain ignored part of a short post and shot your mouth off.

You saw the timestamps on the edit, too, eh.  I guess it depends on what that edit was a minute after Fred posted.

See how the edit is after the first reply?  You have to wonder what was changed in the OP.

It was Fred's second post where he called the mental illness into question. It was posted at 08:17:10 PM.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 12:59:06 am »
Well that's...that's just sad.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 01:38:15 am »
Kind of a tangent but, if there's a car in front of yours that hits its breaks and you rear end them, that means you were talegating and the accident is (at least partly) your fault. Even if the person did it on purpose, you should have left enough room between you to stop. Safe driving 101.

Now, if they cut in front of you and immediately hit the breaks before you have time to make room, that's another story.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 02:51:59 am »

It was Fred's second post where he called the mental illness into question. It was posted at 08:17:10 PM.

That's why I mentioned in my post that it wouldn't be odd for Fred to have not run back up and looked at the OP again just to make sure he didn't miss anything. Since if he read the full post and watched the video before the edit was made, he'd have seen nothing about PTSD at all and would be wondering where anyone got the idea of mental illness from.

That said, I don't know WHAT TGR edited into his post. It could have been a minor grammatical error for all we know.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 04:56:06 am »
Kind of a tangent but, if there's a car in front of yours that hits its breaks and you rear end them, that means you were talegating and the accident is (at least partly) your fault. Even if the person did it on purpose, you should have left enough room between you to stop. Safe driving 101.

Now, if they cut in front of you and immediately hit the breaks before you have time to make room, that's another story.

According to the OP, the marine was brakechecking the people in the vid, which I take to mean he was deliberately hitting his breaks to keep them within an unsafe distance.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 07:19:17 am »

That's why I mentioned in my post that it wouldn't be odd for Fred to have not run back up and looked at the OP again just to make sure he didn't miss anything. Since if he read the full post and watched the video before the edit was made, he'd have seen nothing about PTSD at all and would be wondering where anyone got the idea of mental illness from.

That said, I don't know WHAT TGR edited into his post. It could have been a minor grammatical error for all we know.

That edit was actually to fix a spelling mistake in the first paragraph.  The PTSD part was in my original un-edited post.

EDIT:  Also, I can see how Fred could miss the small amount of text after the video.  I've certainly replied to stuff while missing part of the post before.

According to the OP, the marine was brakechecking the people in the vid, which I take to mean he was deliberately hitting his breaks to keep them within an unsafe distance.

Yep.  He cut them off and immediately started pumping his brakes.  There's no way even the most experienced driver could have easily avoided an accident with somebody doing that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:06:44 am by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:03 am »
Cut off and slam the brakes is a common method for insurance fraud. You can see examples of the scam by searching for Russian dash cam "caught in the act" videos.

That the dude also went all road rage is strange, but PTSD or not, that video is gonna get him in trouble of some kind in court. It must be especially bitter for the paralysed woman vet, to be attacked by a fellow soldier, who is also a war casualty.

By the way, I read Fred's first post as being very bitter snarkasm, not an actual "let's lynch him" retort. Glad that got clarified as just a misunderstanding. Because I find it funny in a way that it almost turned into a case of thread rage about a post on road rage. O, the internet...it really Is an "information highway", traffic incidents included :P
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 12:32:06 pm »

Which means they had plenty of time to slow down and make safe distance.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 01:11:37 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNbhwaLHuO4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNbhwaLHuO4</a>

The video is not very well made, as the re-enactors are amateurish and "squeamish" drivers - they shoulda hired real fraudsters or pro drivers or just compiled some good real world dash cam videos. But it does show several of the most common accident insurance fraud scams. Starting at the 2:00 mark is a variation on brake checking scams. There is also a method where fraudsters deliberately back up to crash into the victim's front end to create "rear end collision" damage. No such thing as maintaining a safe distance in that case, as it is nearly always performed while in slow moving heavy traffic or in a line of stopped traffic.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 03:27:30 pm »
Re: the "swoop and squat" at 2:00: the white van was tailgating. If it wasn't, it would have had time to stop before hitting the red car. Same with the "emergency stop" before it. It's the very definition of tailgating: Not leaving enough room between you and the car in front of you to stop safely if that car stops suddenly.

Notice at 2:45, the first tip they give to avoid these kinds of accidents is, "don't tailgate."

Obviously if someone backs into you, that's a different issue.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 04:19:32 pm »
Well at least the kid was soft-spoken and articulate.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 06:48:03 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja6N4hMoNgg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja6N4hMoNgg</a>

Here's a real life example, and not a poorly directed re-enactment meant to fit within the camera range of the

videographer who was recording from the sidewalk. I put that video up there because the reporter was at least

describing how these frauds are perpetrated.

What happens in this incident in the above dashcam video is pretty much what the paralysed vet and her brother say

happened to them before Mr. PTSD went all apeshit at them. I sure do wish the woman veteran had been recording

when the incident first began.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 06:56:17 pm »
There's also this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYm9vCPLoG4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYm9vCPLoG4</a>