Author Topic: Mandella is gone  (Read 10193 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Mandella is gone
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 07:19:01 am »
Him and Tutu manifested the middle ground between MLK passive and Malcolm X aggressive
They didn't go after humans mostly property but

Malcom X wasn't unreasonably violent, that's a bad example. Robert Mugabe is who you were looking for.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 07:33:49 am »
Well people who were effective

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 08:55:46 am »
I think this is one passing we should celebrate. Few men lived as full a life as Nelson Mandela. He fought long and suffered much to bring about a great change in the world. He died at 95, surrounded by his family. What more could one ask?

Tonight, I shall raise a glass in honor of Mr. Mandela. Rest in peace, sir. And thank you for all you have done. The world is a better place because you lived in it.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 10:30:32 am »
Tonight, I shall raise a glass in honor of Mr. Mandela. Rest in peace, sir. And thank you for all you have done. The world is a better place because you lived in it.
To Nelson Mandela! Cheers!  ;D

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 10:47:53 am »
Since I have no alcohol in the house currently, I shall raise my can of Dr. Pepper.  *Shrugs* 

Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 11:33:10 am »
I've got coffee!  To Nelson Mandela!  Were that there were more men like him.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 12:29:18 pm »
I'll bet Dave Blount on Moonbattery is already writing a celebration of his death.
What makes you think that?...

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 12:29:43 pm »
The people are dancing in the streets, celebrating his "transition" (to the afterlife), singing his praises, thanking him for how immensely he bettered their lives. He was so ill for so long, and now he is relieved of that suffering.

In other cultures, the dancing and singing is being naively misinterpreted by some as disrespectful, but then those same people would be aghast seeing a New Orleans style funeral procession. Hopefully they read/listen to the explanation.

Also, the uber racist fuckwits are delighted he's dead, and are having a blast making fun of the "savages" celebrating. Oh well.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 01:36:17 pm »
Or an Irish wake.  I want one for me while I'm still alive.  I mean, it's not fair I have to be the only one that doesn't get to participate in the festivities. 

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »
I expect a lot of white washing and de-radicalization of Mandela to take place so he can fit into a narrative that many would find easier to use.

However, it appears that Dick Cheney still hates him and I can't think of a better endorsement of Nelson Mandela's character and positive contribution to the world..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/dick-cheney-nelson-mandela-terrorist_n_4394071.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 03:07:26 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xysgsyh70To" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xysgsyh70To</a>
What is, is not; what is not, is.

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 03:18:59 pm »
However, it appears that Dick Cheney still hates him...
Dick Cheney hates humanity.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, 03:55:13 pm »
A little late in this but & raise my hypothetical drink to Mandela, as well!

alla salute in Paradise!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 05:02:48 pm »
I expect a lot of white washing and de-radicalization of Mandela to take place so he can fit into a narrative that many would find easier to use.

However, it appears that Dick Cheney still hates him and I can't think of a better endorsement of Nelson Mandela's character and positive contribution to the world..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/05/dick-cheney-nelson-mandela-terrorist_n_4394071.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037

There was already a rant on tumblr from someone whom I think is from South Africa about the "Ghandification" of Mandela, and how we either whitewash revolutionaries, like Mandela, or ignore them, like Malcolm X.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

There was already a rant on tumblr from someone whom I think is from South Africa about the "Ghandification" of Mandela, and how we either whitewash revolutionaries, like Mandela, or ignore them, like Malcolm X.

Yep, Mandela was a radical, so much so that many in the United State demonized him, and still continues to hate him. And frankly what he initiated was a coup of a corrupt and violent government.

I'm also afraid people are going to pretend that problems doesn't exist in South Africa now that it's post-Mandela.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)