Author Topic: Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum  (Read 10334 times)

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
Re: Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 06:24:02 am »
Megadeth? The same guys who did this album?:
/snip

Yep, the very same.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:34 am »
It's pretty standard for these types to live lives of constant and heavy drug and alcohol use to suddenly find Jesus, trading one drug for another. Then they go through this stage of saying stupid things and being exactly the opposite of who they originally were. See also Alice Cooper, one of my favorite rebels from the old school era who is now a disgusting Republican schill.

Megadeth has sucked ass for years anyway. Rust in Peace was the last album that was worth a shit. And interesting to note, if you watch any of his early videos, he's the only one you really see. We used to joke as teenagers that they should just call the band MegaDave as he was such a fucking egomaniac.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 09:42:42 am »
Well I'd have lost that bet...I'd have assumed Mustaine would have been 100% for Ron Paul, since they're both a bit out there.

Offline zupper

• Pope
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:15 am »
I've learned not to care about what Mustaine says a long time ago.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »
It's pretty standard for these types to live lives of constant and heavy drug and alcohol use to suddenly find Jesus, trading one drug for another. Then they go through this stage of saying stupid things and being exactly the opposite of who they originally were.

Religion: The Worst drug of them all

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 01:14:07 pm »
I like Megadeth, I do...But this...I just...goddamn it..I miss the old Dave, the drunk who had a superiority complex.

Listen to the lyrics of Endgame...it's like an entire album dedicated to conspiracy theories.
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 01:25:06 pm »
Coult someone tell him to shut up, lest we set Nicki Six on him?  After taking down Lars Ulrich, Mustaine would be a piece of piss! ;D
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Da Rat Bastid

• Pope
  • Takes what he can, while he can.
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 06:51:15 pm »
It's pretty standard for these types to live lives of constant and heavy drug and alcohol use to suddenly find Jesus, trading one drug for another. Then they go through this stage of saying stupid things and being exactly the opposite of who they originally were. See also Alice Cooper, one of my favorite rebels from the old school era who is now a disgusting Republican schill.

Megadeth has sucked ass for years anyway. Rust in Peace was the last album that was worth a shit. And interesting to note, if you watch any of his early videos, he's the only one you really see. We used to joke as teenagers that they should just call the band MegaDave as he was such a fucking egomaniac.

Even worse, when Dave was interviewed following his conversion, he actually gave Pascal's Wager as one of the reasons for his newfound faith. ::)

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »
See also Alice Cooper, one of my favorite rebels from the old school era who is now a disgusting Republican schill.

He is? That's shit. I used to think he was cool.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:54 pm »
See also Alice Cooper, one of my favorite rebels from the old school era who is now a disgusting Republican schill.

He is? That's shit. I used to think he was cool.
Well at least he doesn't constantly run his mouth about politics like other aging rockstars *cough* Ted Nugent *cough*

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »
Dave Mustaine replied that he didn't actually endorse Santorum.  But I do find it disturbing that Mustaine converted to conservative Christianity.
All things are no-thing.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2012, 10:14:00 am »

Even worse, when Dave was interviewed following his conversion, he actually gave Pascal's Wager as one of the reasons for his newfound faith. ::)

The funny thing about Pascal's Wager is, when you take other gods into account, Bacchus is actually the safer bet.  Or Shango, or Thor, or Amaterasu, or...
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 10:24:51 am »

The funny thing about Pascal's Wager is, when you take other gods into account, Bacchus is actually the safer bet.  Or Shango, or Thor, or Amaterasu, or...

If I'm not mistaken, Brahma is the oldest continually worshiped god in recorded human history, so I'd have to go with him if I'm banking on Pascal's Wager.
All things are no-thing.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 12:36:50 pm »
This all begs the question, though. If MegaDave is now a born-again, is he going to burn his own records? Hah!
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 01:13:04 pm »
This all begs the question, though. If MegaDave is now a born-again, is he going to burn his own records? Hah!

You sir, have earned an exalt.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter