Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075922 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3225 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:39 pm »
I was up all night vomiting. Now it feels like my rib cage is broken.

You know what's up?

Twas from my meds.

Just making sure you're all right.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #3226 on: February 12, 2013, 12:00:30 am »
The way atheist characters on TV seem to always get god-ified eventually. They're doing it to Dr. Brennan on Bones.

EDIT: And there's a bonus, "It's better to be irrational," message.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:04:54 am by JohnE »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3227 on: February 12, 2013, 04:11:21 am »
The way atheist characters on TV seem to always get god-ified eventually. They're doing it to Dr. Brennan on Bones.

To be fair, Dr. Brennan was an unrelatable bitch with the personality of a block of wood, so not much was lost.

Though, the whole "all atheists can be converted, they just need to pick up a Babble" thing in shows and movies and shit really does get on my fucking nerves.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3228 on: February 12, 2013, 05:58:56 am »
So tell me.  If a video on your favorites list on YT gets blocked, deleted, or set to private, WHY DOESN'T IT JUST FUCKING AUTODELETE?  What am I supposed to do, find another copy?  Fuck, in the case of a video that's suddenly gone private, how the fuck am I supposed to even fucking remember what I favorited if it's not fucking shared with me?

Seriously.  If I can't fucking watch a video, I don't want it to just fucking sit there in my fucking favorites playlist.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3229 on: February 12, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »

To be fair, Dr. Brennan was an unrelatable bitch with the personality of a block of wood, so not much was lost.

Though, the whole "all atheists can be converted, they just need to pick up a Babble" thing in shows and movies and shit really does get on my fucking nerves.

To be fair, Brennan from the show is much more of the rigid 'no I'm right' type of scientist.

The Brennan in the books is a lot more down to Earth and willing to see things from the other side.

The TV Brennan was never that bad to me mainly because she reminded me of Miranda Lawson when you first meet her. She's cold as fuck, rigid, not in the mood to just stroke your ego, etc.,

I'm rambling.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3230 on: February 12, 2013, 07:27:19 pm »

To be fair, Brennan from the show is much more of the rigid 'no I'm right' type of scientist.

The Brennan in the books is a lot more down to Earth and willing to see things from the other side.

The TV Brennan was never that bad to me mainly because she reminded me of Miranda Lawson when you first meet her. She's cold as fuck, rigid, not in the mood to just stroke your ego, etc.,

I'm rambling.

Wait.  "Bones" is based off a novel/series of novels?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3231 on: February 12, 2013, 08:12:51 pm »
Just spent the past 10 minutes throwing up...right after a fucking shower.  Something's playing hell with my stomach, and I want it gone yesterday.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3232 on: February 12, 2013, 09:09:04 pm »
At my job, they will be switching people around the store, department wise. A big fat yeah for me going to be totally confused.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3233 on: February 12, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »
Some bitch just threw a cookie
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3234 on: February 13, 2013, 03:12:34 am »
Someone put a note in the cafeteria's comment box about how the cheif's cooking is bad and about how they can do a better job because they took home ec in high school once. Sorry, but attending a cooking class doesn't make you better than a professional cheif.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3235 on: February 13, 2013, 03:48:42 am »
My Xbox 360 just shat itself, and this time it looks like I'll either have to have it repaired or buy a new one. I really don't have the money to deal with this bullshit.

Are you fucking serious? Microsoft wants $100 to have it fixed. Fuck off, I can buy a whole new console for less than that.

Though come to think of it, I may just be able to salvage the financial situation. Perhaps if I sell off the console, it's AV and power cables and controller separately on Ebay, I should be able to get around $30-35 for the lot. That should help lessen the blow of buying a new console.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:32:32 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #3236 on: February 13, 2013, 02:51:01 pm »
Do people actually buy broken consoles?
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3237 on: February 13, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »
Got two issues that are somewhat tied together.
1) Writer's block. As a musician, nothing is worse than coming up with one or two riffs that work really well together... and then blanking on how the rest of the song is supposed to go. I hate being stuck on these same 6 or so songs and not knowing where to go with them.
2) Trying to write songs for people, especially if those people are musicians. I'm not doing this for any romantic reasons, but I've resolved to find ways to express my appreciation for the people closest to me in a way that says I did it (I'm really bad about verbalizing feelings of affection). It's worse when these people are also musicians, as it requires me to step up my game more than it does for, say, my 1yr old cousin I wrote a song for recently.

Gah. I hate being stuck creatively.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3238 on: February 13, 2013, 05:19:15 pm »
I was up all night vomiting. Now it feels like my rib cage is broken.

You know what's up?

The opposite of down.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3239 on: February 13, 2013, 07:01:52 pm »
Do people actually buy broken consoles?
I've seen them on ebay go for around $15. The tech-savvy console gamers amongst us buy them to either fix them themselves or for parts.