Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076341 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3615 on: April 02, 2013, 05:03:12 pm »
I forgot to stop reading the comments on Huffington Post articles.

I read the article about Obama proposing a $100 million program to map the brain, with the hopes of using it to cure and prevent problems like autism and Alzheimer's. The comments are filled with people calling it useless, saying that it's a plot by the Democrats to make money (somehow), and that it's a pipe dream and everyone should give up because it's unimportant anyway.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3616 on: April 02, 2013, 08:28:22 pm »
I fount out today that a good portion of my male classmates (and a few of the females) are rape apologist and this angers me to no end

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3617 on: April 02, 2013, 09:07:11 pm »
When water or some other drink goes down the wrong pipe, you choke on it for a bit, then look around to make sure nobody saw you derping around like a dickhead
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3618 on: April 02, 2013, 10:40:55 pm »
I fount out today that a good portion of my male classmates (and a few of the females) are rape apologist and this angers me to no end

I sadly found this out too recently...
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3619 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:38 pm »
I'm annoyed that I have to defend myself for watching movies made by a big studio like Disney because of their (admittedly shitty) business practices. If I were to boycott every shitty movie studio I'd never be able to watch anything ever. Including most of the classic films I love so much. All of them, in fact.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3620 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:25 pm »
I'm annoyed that I have to defend myself for watching movies made by a big studio like Disney because of their (admittedly shitty) business practices. If I were to boycott every shitty movie studio I'd never be able to watch anything ever. Including most of the classic films I love so much. All of them, in fact.

If you were to boycott every person and company that did any bad thing ever, you'd end up a hermit living off the grid and trying desperately to hunt and farm using handmade tools and seeds taken from wild plants.

At least you could still play Valve games, even though you have nothing to play them on.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3621 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:26 am »
My computer won't install the new anti-virus program I bought, or rather the newest version of it.  My comp keeps saying a missing or damaged file is keeping the program from installing, but it won't tell me the program.  I keep running diagnostics, but they tell me the same thing; problem but they won't tell me.  I tried running a fix-it program from the internet (from the company itself), but it was nothing but a blank page loading for a half hour.

Now, I can only run the virus program from the dic itself until I figure out how to fix my computer.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3622 on: April 03, 2013, 11:46:18 am »
I forgot to stop reading the comments on Huffington Post articles.

I read the article about Obama proposing a $100 million program to map the brain, with the hopes of using it to cure and prevent problems like autism and Alzheimer's. The comments are filled with people calling it useless, saying that it's a plot by the Democrats to make money (somehow), and that it's a pipe dream and everyone should give up because it's unimportant anyway.

Only on Huffington Post?? I believe this applies to all comment sections.

That being said, I have to wait until my mom gets home, so I can order my new pocketbook, because QVC won't let me just order it, I have to have a pin #, and I have no idea what her's is. It sucks there is no speed checkout on the damn site like through paypal or whatever.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3623 on: April 03, 2013, 02:56:44 pm »
Everyone in my project group is annoyingly stupid. We had to create class and sequence diagrams, and they didn't even understand what classes were, let alone how to do a diagram of them. I've done 99% of the work so far.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3624 on: April 03, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »

You're not the only one on here that hates Disney, have you heard that they're pulling the plug on LucasArts and are cancelling a shit ton of upcoming games.

Saturn500

« Reply #3625 on: April 03, 2013, 06:04:57 pm »

You're not the only one on here that hates Disney, have you heard that they're pulling the plug on LucasArts and are cancelling a shit ton of upcoming games.

Yes, which is utterly baffling.

EDIT: But it looks like they're trying to find another developer for Star Wars 1313.

Nope, that's not helping.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:07:19 pm by Saturn500 »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3626 on: April 03, 2013, 06:16:46 pm »

Well, they're dismantling it but continuing to make Star Wars games under their banner. 1313 is so far only on hold.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3627 on: April 04, 2013, 02:17:47 am »

Name me one thing LucasArts has done in the past 10 years that was a critical success?

Ironbite-other then Force Unleashed.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3628 on: April 04, 2013, 03:00:21 am »

Name me one thing LucasArts has done in the past 10 years that was a critical success?

Ironbite-other then Force Unleashed.

Even The Force Unleashed wasn't really critically successful. It was a very good seller (probably aided by the use of Euphoria and DMM for the first time in any video game), but actual reviews were mostly along the lines of "Meh, it's kinda good." The sequel was slightly lower on their charts, resoundingly average.

The last critical success I can name is Rogue Squadron II from 2001, which is consistently at the top of the review charts and has graphics and effects that can stand up even today. If we restrict it to the past 10 years (meaning we start the clock in 2003) and only count what LucasArts developed instead of published, there's Battlefront 1 and 2 (generally in the 8/10 range). That's it.

LucasArts actually published far more games than it developed, and even most of the Star Wars content was made by different developers. LucasArts was only shuttered as a development company and third-party companies or Disney's video game branch will be making the games. Which, funny enough, is pretty close to what the situation already was.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3629 on: April 04, 2013, 06:09:06 am »
Didn't LucasArts have something to do with KoTOR and KoTORII?  I thought those were hella good games.  Or were they only Bioware with license from LucasArts/Film?