Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069520 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4080 on: June 04, 2013, 04:13:51 pm »
Speaking of famous people, on a whim I added Miley Cyrus on Facebook (a surprising amount of celebrities leave their personal Facebooks public, though they may or may not accept friend requests; considering who this is, she may think I'm someone she met at a party and just forgot). This girl's gone completely over to the gangsta side.

"Mom and my faaaaav guy everrrr! you know what it izzzzz!  Mike WiLL Made It #WeCantStop — with Tish Cyrus."

This update is missing the 5 hearts and two "kissy lips" emoticons attached to it. It's a picture of a producer standing with her mother, who's probably had all the plastic surgery ever.

Edit:

Sounds like fame is more of a burden than reward...

It really is. You find that you have a lot of "friends" who are really just hangers-on trying to get a handout. Networking is important and a lot of jobs are earned because you know the people involved (either they handpick you for a project or they get you an in on an audition that you normally would have never heard about, like Benedict Cumberbatch getting the role of John Harrison in the new Star Trek because he knew some people who got him to submit a video audition shot on his iPhone), but there's far too many who will try to use their famous friends as nothing more than a source of fame and fortune for themselves. That's what I said was the reason Miley probably added me: the girl probably doesn't even remember everyone she meets. A lot of actors don't. I'm only a year in and I'm still looking on Facebook at newsfeed updates and having to scour the person's profile to remember just who the hell they are. I get random friend requests from people who work with people I've worked with, but I've never actually met or talked to.

The one "famous" person I really have a friendly, non-professional relationship with is FateOfDestinee. I was one of the fans she added on her semi-personal Facebook (I think she has a separate one with her full name purely for family and real life friends), and eventually she started commenting on various things on my wall. She was actually the first person to respond on Facebook when I mentioned I had a stomach virus, and she recently wished me a happy birthday and told me to go get a handgun now that I'm 21.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:25:23 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

wrightway

« Reply #4081 on: June 04, 2013, 05:27:23 pm »
Mara Wilson (the Matilda girl) just did a great article for Cracked on why child stars burn out.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4082 on: June 04, 2013, 05:39:31 pm »
I kinda feel sorry for the kid who's playing Joffrey on Game of Thrones.

Ironbite-the fuck is he gonna do with his career after GoT ends?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4083 on: June 04, 2013, 05:45:33 pm »

Go on to more work. Being a major character on a major series like Game of Thrones is a huge foot in the door to future roles.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4084 on: June 04, 2013, 05:48:39 pm »
Well yeah it is but he's been portraying a guy who even Caligula is looking at and going "THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU SON!?"

Ironbite-just afeared he'll be type-casted for life.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4085 on: June 04, 2013, 06:05:53 pm »
Well yeah it is but he's been portraying a guy who even Caligula is looking at and going "THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU SON!?"

Nah. The Harry Potter kids managed to avoid that, and Tom Felton is damn near the "Hot British everyman" look now. Typecasting occurs mainly when people end up spending too long working the same roles over and over until they become embedded in everyone's mind as that one thing. Leonard Nimoy often complained of being typecast as Spock, but in actuality he got a lot of work afterward and Star Trek was what got him past a slew of minor roles and almost forgotten title roles. The guy (can't really call him a kid any more, now that he's 21) has a good look for a lot of roles, and I can imagine him having at least a decent career ahead of him.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4086 on: June 05, 2013, 07:05:20 pm »
I just stepped on a plug >:(

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4087 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:37 pm »

I wonder how much hate mail he gets. I've read things about the actresses that portray both Cersei, and Melisandre, and the actor who portrays Theon Greyjoy getting hate mail and such.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4088 on: June 06, 2013, 01:39:19 am »
I'd throw those in file 13 with the knowledge that they can't tell fact from reality.  Characters are not the people they play and vice-versa.  Not even method actors, hehe.

wrightway

« Reply #4089 on: June 06, 2013, 01:50:16 am »
I don't know, the day Tom Cruise starts mowing people down will be awesome.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4090 on: June 06, 2013, 07:10:17 am »

I wonder how much hate mail he gets. I've read things about the actresses that portray both Cersei, and Melisandre, and the actor who portrays Theon Greyjoy getting hate mail and such.

Which is sad cause the woman who plays Cersei is the biggest goofball ever.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4091 on: June 06, 2013, 05:20:19 pm »

Actually, he's planning to quit acting and go into academia. Shame if you ask me - he's a fantastic actor.

According to Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) Jack Gleeson is actually a perfect gentleman. The second the cameras stop rolling, he asks if she's OK, and he hates using profanity even when it's in the script. During the scene where he calls Arya a cunt, he didn't use the word "cunt" until the final take. I sometimes wonder if there might even be something going on between them.

I've heard that Tom Felton actually wouldn't mind playing villains for the rest of his career.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4092 on: June 06, 2013, 06:01:32 pm »
I've heard that Tom Felton actually wouldn't mind playing villains for the rest of his career.

Neither would I. Villains are fun to play! They get the cool lines and costumes, probably plenty of weapons (including in works where they're literally the ONLY people who get to stab and shoot things), and they get to pretend to be assholes for a living.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4093 on: June 06, 2013, 07:59:21 pm »
Some Spanish woman (Litirly the area code is from fucking Mexico) keeps calling my cell phone and I don't know how to block the number.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4094 on: June 06, 2013, 09:11:44 pm »
I can provide you with various ways to say "Fuck off" in Spanish, if you think it would help.
Σא