Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077258 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8940 on: August 08, 2015, 03:21:28 pm »
Something more rational to be annoyed about - somehow I've chipped the cap on my front tooth and I've no idea how.  That's gonna cost a few hundred to get replaced, and I won't have a chance to get an appointment until next week.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8941 on: August 08, 2015, 04:25:09 pm »
Ever since that stupid PP video surfaced, it seems like every damn day that Yahoo! has someone posting some article about "the dishonesty of abortion supporters" or some such bullshit.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8942 on: August 08, 2015, 10:48:10 pm »
Incredibly minor thing but it still bothers me - those 6 sided dice with numbers, instead of dots, with a little mark on the 6 so you know it's a 6 and not a 9.  Why do they do that?  I know it's a 6; there are only 6 numbers on this bloody thing and they go from 1-6 so it can't be a 9! I'm not an idiot you patronising fucks!

It could be that they just have one template for the 6, and if they make dice with at least nine sides, they need to have the mark, so all their smaller dice also have that style of 6.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #8943 on: August 13, 2015, 08:18:21 pm »
Two things, though one is more burning hatred and the other is merely annoying. 

The burning hatred is for Anti Obesity Activists.  Particularly MeMe Roth, The Ann Coulter of the Fat Police.  In 2007, she made some stink about Jordin Sparks winning American Idol because she was slightly heavier than normal.  Last year, she had this to say about the idea of a plus size Disney Princess

"If you're going to do a storyline with obesity, then you're going to need to do Princess Diabetes, Princess Cancer, Princess Fertility Problems,"

In other words, she's a huge asshole, but she disguises her assholery for concern. 

I mean, I'm not going to pretend that being obese is healthy.  It's not.  But shaming people and treating anyone who's overweight as if they're a bad influence is just cruel.  Especially when the target of the shame isn't even that fat (Jordin Sparks). 

Now for the second thing, language policing.  The top comment on the plus size Disney Princess article is this,

"Fat children shouldn't be made to feel their happiness and their chances for a good life are contingent on losing weight."

Maybe we could start by not calling children such a hateful term as fat. Jesus Christ.

The above sentence was from the article, and anyone who's advocating for tolerance should agree.  But instead of focusing on the message, miss hyper sensitive chooses to pick on the author for her choice of words.  All of a sudden, one word taken out of context makes the author hateful, even when they are on the same fucking side of the debate. 

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8944 on: August 15, 2015, 08:33:28 pm »
My roomate. He just said, and I quote, "College (football) is more realistic than (the) NFL."
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8945 on: August 15, 2015, 10:15:33 pm »
My cool new eyebrow piercing is in the "ooze gunk and inch" stage of healing. As long as the gunk stays clear/white/yellow and the area around the piercing isn't hot or swollen I'm fine (according to the piercing place), but it makes it hard to not mess with it.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8946 on: August 15, 2015, 11:55:23 pm »
The needle for my turntable broke which sucks.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8947 on: August 16, 2015, 10:26:06 am »
My roomate. He just said, and I quote, "College (football) is more realistic than (the) NFL."

What does that even mean?

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #8948 on: August 16, 2015, 12:20:24 pm »
I have no clue. I just shook my head and repeated the word really at him a few times. That sentence doesn't even make any sense!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8949 on: August 16, 2015, 10:25:57 pm »
Bah, everyone knows that the NFL is photoshopped. I can tell because of the pixels.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8950 on: August 19, 2015, 10:33:26 am »
Spend the better part of four days hunting a bug in a website.  Only to find that there is, in fact, no bug.  Because I didn't look at the query close enough.  I am officially an idiot.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #8951 on: August 19, 2015, 02:30:04 pm »
My ex, and until recently,  best friend, just broke off all contact with me and threatened to sue me for harassment if I ever contact her again. I just wanna know what's wrong, and she won't tell me. I worry about her, cause she has a history of self-harm, and she's a friend, you know? I just don't know what to do.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8952 on: August 19, 2015, 03:20:41 pm »
I've always liked Avast and recommended it to anyone who needed a free antivirus program, but their latest versions have become downright obnoxious about advertising the premium version; Avast allows you to select options that you think you have but takes you to their store because it turns out they're premium-only, Avast recommends you take action with a feature only to bring you to a store page because that action is premium-only, and now Avast has resorted to pop-up advertisements that can't be disabled unless you buy the premium version.

What the fuck, Avast?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #8953 on: August 21, 2015, 09:07:10 am »
I've always liked Avast and recommended it to anyone who needed a free antivirus program, but their latest versions have become downright obnoxious about advertising the premium version; Avast allows you to select options that you think you have but takes you to their store because it turns out they're premium-only, Avast recommends you take action with a feature only to bring you to a store page because that action is premium-only, and now Avast has resorted to pop-up advertisements that can't be disabled unless you buy the premium version.

What the fuck, Avast?
I outright uninstalled Avast recently over that. Interestingly, my computer had been locking up constantly. Since I got rid of Avast, it's been working perfectly. Could be unrelated, but... um... O_o

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8954 on: August 21, 2015, 02:15:06 pm »
AVG. Although their free version also has some come-ons to upgrade, it is not obnoxious and actually does a pretty good job. Paid version is quite reliable, and updates a couple times a day.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.