Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072709 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9225 on: October 13, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »
Ok but I think Sleepy would be jealous.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9226 on: October 13, 2015, 11:20:25 pm »
No, do go on...
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9227 on: October 13, 2015, 11:39:44 pm »
Had an entertaining customer, It was 9:30, we close at 9:30. I said nicely "Ma'am It's 9:30, we're closing" Her response, "You're not closing, I'm still shopping" I just walked away after that, and the manager then told them that we're closing about 5 minutes later. Seriously,last minute shoppers are the worst of the worst.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:41:58 pm by nickiknack »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9228 on: October 14, 2015, 12:18:41 am »
Look what you've gone and done, 'Bite.  Now she's gonna go all yaoi fangirl on me...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9229 on: October 14, 2015, 04:43:02 pm »
Had an entertaining customer, It was 9:30, we close at 9:30. I said nicely "Ma'am It's 9:30, we're closing" Her response, "You're not closing, I'm still shopping" I just walked away after that, and the manager then told them that we're closing about 5 minutes later. Seriously,last minute shoppers are the worst of the worst.

I've heard horror stories from people working as waiters who've had customers walk into their sit-down-and-be-waited-on restaurants five minutes before closing demanding to be served, then dicking around at the table once they'd finished their meal, preventing the staff from going home for even longer.

Anywho, I really don't care for the screenwave player.  It's one of the slower buffering players, and it won't pre-load the video much while it's paused, so you constantly have to stop the video.  It also has a habit of stopping even if it hasn't overtaken the buffer bar yet.  It sucks that a lot of former blip users had to switch to screenwave after blip shut down.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #9230 on: October 14, 2015, 06:56:54 pm »
Look what you've gone and done, 'Bite.  Now she's gonna go all yaoi fangirl on me...

Ahh well.  It had to happen sooner or later.

Ironbite-btw I'm a top so.....

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9231 on: October 14, 2015, 07:46:46 pm »
Thanks to my ankle, I'm stuck hobbling around, the only good thing that might come out of this is me possibly not being able to go into work

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9232 on: October 15, 2015, 10:00:47 am »

'S nothin. We had some people (eight of em) come in and place an order at 8:58. We close at 9:00. They stuck around in our lobby until 9:45. Because of company policy,  we weren't allowed to say anything to them asking them to hurry or leave or anything. The best part? The last 20 minutes they were there? Spent discussing goals and workout schedules for the track team with their kids.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9233 on: October 15, 2015, 10:26:50 am »

'S nothin. We had some people (eight of em) come in and place an order at 8:58. We close at 9:00. They stuck around in our lobby until 9:45. Because of company policy,  we weren't allowed to say anything to them asking them to hurry or leave or anything. The best part? The last 20 minutes they were there? Spent discussing goals and workout schedules for the track team with their kids.

Restaurants and retail stores operate very differently. "Closing time" for a restaurant is a misnomer. It actually should be called, "Final seating of the night is at (whatever-o-clock)". Every one I ever worked at had a house rule that customer order's must be all in by fifteen minutes after the "closing" time. There's a reason behind a lot of restaurants stating a "closing time" that is fairly early in the evening compared to other service businesses.

Retail stores post the closing time as a deadline warning for customers to abide by, although for the sake of good customer relations and positive word-of-mouth recommendations, a store manager could assist and not hurry the last shoppers, while staff begin closing procedures, leaving one sales register/POS unit open, which the manager would use for the last customer's purchase.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #9234 on: October 15, 2015, 12:22:48 pm »

Wow, that's a shitty policy.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9235 on: October 15, 2015, 02:11:15 pm »
Well this wasn't the worst last minute shopper I've had over the years, a few years ago I had one that was shopping in the middle of a blizzard, we were closing early due to the said blizzard, and didn't want to go. It was seriously stupid of this customer to be out in the middle of a blizzard for clothing. I could see food, or some sort of hardware, but clothing, yeah that's just stupid. And it wasn't even winter clothing, she was looking at blouses, and that type of shit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9236 on: October 15, 2015, 02:36:06 pm »
Restaurants and retail stores operate very differently. "Closing time" for a restaurant is a misnomer. It actually should be called, "Final seating of the night is at (whatever-o-clock)". Every one I ever worked at had a house rule that customer order's must be all in by fifteen minutes after the "closing" time. There's a reason behind a lot of restaurants stating a "closing time" that is fairly early in the evening compared to other service businesses.

Retail stores post the closing time as a deadline warning for customers to abide by, although for the sake of good customer relations and positive word-of-mouth recommendations, a store manager could assist and not hurry the last shoppers, while staff begin closing procedures, leaving one sales register/POS unit open, which the manager would use for the last customer's purchase.

...Please tell me that you get paid for the extra time you have to work because of stupid customers?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #9237 on: October 15, 2015, 02:53:08 pm »
According to the law they have to pay you overtime but then they'll start cutting your hours to make up for it.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9238 on: October 15, 2015, 03:40:24 pm »

...Please tell me that you get paid for the extra time you have to work because of stupid customers?

In the rest of world (mostly), restaurant staff are paid salaries with maybe a sales bonus, or a livable hourly wage, plus maybe a sales bonus. In America, tipped employees like servers, bartenders and assistants get a very small hourly wage but can earn a lot because customers give them gratuities of 15% to 20% or more percent of their food and beverage bill by custom. Although some percentage of that tip income must be shared with other workers, the server, for example, can leave work with $100 or more depending on how expensive and how busy the restaurant is. So, a late "table" of customers will make a tired server and the kitchen staff groan, but if they at least spend some money and tip the normal, customary amount, it is worth the extra time on the job. Still sucks when your aching feet and body need beer therapy with the rest of the crew at the bar next door.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #9239 on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:10 pm »
I can't get any sleep...  I wasn't able to sleep last night.