Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070152 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9435 on: December 05, 2015, 07:46:57 pm »
I used Google to beat up Windows 10; I just save all files I want to print to Google Drive, then they save to PDF and print as always. Fuck you, Cortana. Never liked HALO much, either.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9436 on: December 05, 2015, 10:58:04 pm »
Suddenly, I'm very glad I never downloaded Windows 10. Not only are they pushing microtransactions in the most obnoxious way possible, they're apparently doing it via a Clippy reskin. Yeah, I think I'll stick with Windows 8 for the foreeable future. Honestly, once you get the start menu back and tell Metro to fuck off, it's pretty much the same as 7.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9437 on: December 06, 2015, 03:42:10 am »
Suddenly, I'm very glad I never downloaded Windows 10. Not only are they pushing microtransactions in the most obnoxious way possible, they're apparently doing it via a Clippy reskin. Yeah, I think I'll stick with Windows 8 for the foreeable future. Honestly, once you get the start menu back and tell Metro to fuck off, it's pretty much the same as 7.

Don't they also have all sorts of spyware in there?

And I can't be arsed to figure out how to get the Start menu back or get rid of Metro in Windows 8 (unless those are just automatic with 8.1?), so I just stick with 7.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9438 on: December 06, 2015, 04:01:54 am »
Windows 8 or 10?
And I can't be arsed to figure out how to get the Start menu back or get rid of Metro in Windows 8 (unless those are just automatic with 8.1?), so I just stick with 7.
You have to use a mod. I went with StartIsBack, and it does a fantastic job of it.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9439 on: December 06, 2015, 04:27:46 am »
Windows 8 or 10?

I've heard 10 does. I didn't really pay any attention to 8 other than how they fucked with the interface.

You have to use a mod. I went with StartIsBack, and it does a fantastic job of it.

Ah. Still can't be arsed, 7 works fine for me.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9440 on: December 06, 2015, 04:30:58 am »
I've heard 10 does. I didn't really pay any attention to 8 other than how they fucked with the interface.
Well then, I'm definitely sticking with 8.
Ah. Still can't be arsed, 7 works fine for me.
Naturally. Hell, the only reason I use 8 now is because it came with my laptop. If I had any say in the matter, I'd have stuck with 7 as well.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9441 on: December 06, 2015, 11:05:20 am »
People taking the "Down with Cis" meme seriously.

Ds it's a danm meme, do you freak out whenever someone posts the navy seal copypasta because they're threatening to murder someone?

Actually, it's generally more amusing than annoying.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:10:26 am by I am lizard »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9442 on: December 06, 2015, 03:14:04 pm »
People taking the "Down with Cis" meme seriously.

Ds it's a danm meme, do you freak out whenever someone posts the navy seal copypasta because they're threatening to murder someone?

Absolutely. Navy SEALS are everywhere, you know! And they're all psychotic too. I fully believe that one would be willing and able to track me down and find me and kill me.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9443 on: December 06, 2015, 03:24:33 pm »
There's a real retired SEAL on YouTube who outs the stolen valor "SEAL" wannabes. Hilarious bunch of losers in the vein of  Zimmerman-types and a passel of inbred rednecks. Lots of old wealthy men claim to be SEALs, too, apparently for the sake of scoring dick waving points with their peers.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9444 on: December 06, 2015, 08:03:36 pm »
Having a migraine that's just on this side of annoying while working on a rather noisy ramp.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9445 on: December 06, 2015, 10:51:10 pm »
Having a migraine that's just on this side of annoying while working on a rather noisy ramp.
I thought you said romp for a second.

I was thinking if you were having some awesome sex then at least that's a plus.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9446 on: December 08, 2015, 03:03:32 am »
That's a thing around here? Huh, I could've sworn that Spukikitty hasn't posted in a while.

Even Then

« Reply #9447 on: December 09, 2015, 08:02:50 am »
New pet peeve: when people have characters with accents in works of fiction and have the accent persist when the character writes or has internal monologue.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9448 on: December 09, 2015, 08:27:46 am »
Really? But that just makes sense. Actually I like a certain manga where one character only has a thick accent when thinking or when she is stressed. She tries to sound "normal" when in public but lapses to her old accent occasionally.

...Because Japan has a thing about being different so being out of town and using her own accent would be seen as a bad thing. Which is just one of the many ways Japanese culture is oppressive and hurts anyone who doesn't fit in, but the manga is good.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #9449 on: December 09, 2015, 08:34:12 am »
Well, it just bugs me personally.