Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113965 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2325 on: June 03, 2013, 05:56:53 pm »
Watch this shit end up on the "cover" of Inspire....

Way to go there, wingnut, you heinous, toxic piece of inhuman shite.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2326 on: June 03, 2013, 06:20:15 pm »
Well according to that map we now have to built the more expensive oil rigs compared to land based wells to get at the petroleum.

That is assuming there is still petroleum in that crater. If not, congratulations you want a future where we used perfectly good uranium to destroy perfectly good oil just because you maker of this dream map are a hateful hateful person.

Also you might have doom all life on the planet because of all the dust kicked up into the atmosphere.

I'd say pretty much all life on Earth would be completely fucked. The Chicxulub crater left by the meteor that killed the dinosaurs is only about 110 miles across. Anything that could make a crater of this size would make it look like a pop gun going off.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2327 on: June 03, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »
Wingnut's "dream map" of the Middle East:

So....why are we nuking the entire middle east for?

Ironbite-other then "BROWN PEOPLE LIVE THERE!"

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2328 on: June 03, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »

So....why are we nuking the entire middle east for?

Ironbite-other then "BROWN PEOPLE LIVE THERE!"

Prolly because they're all Muzzie terrorists in the wingnut mindset or something.

The thing that gets me is the people who fantasize about this type of shit never stop to think about the foreign civilians who are in the Middle East for any number of legitimate reasons. For an attack like this to work, it would have to come as a surprise, which means the government couldn't warn people in advance. That would mean a whole bunch foreign non-combatants (Americans included) would die.

The wingnuts go apeshit because some Americans got killed by terrorists, but they want to turn around and kill thousands of Americans who would happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2329 on: June 03, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »
Or the fact that upon detecting the incoming missiles, Israel would fire its own nuclear arsenal at the US.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #2330 on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:19 pm »
Or the fact that upon detecting the incoming missiles, Israel would fire its own nuclear arsenal at the US.

No, it's okay, look at the picture. Israel is magically unharmed, since bombs obviously just stop at the border of the explosion and do no excess damage.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2331 on: June 03, 2013, 11:21:58 pm »
Well according to that map we now have to built the more expensive oil rigs compared to land based wells to get at the petroleum.

That is assuming there is still petroleum in that crater. If not, congratulations you want a future where we used perfectly good uranium to destroy perfectly good oil just because you maker of this dream map are a hateful hateful person.

Also you might have doom all life on the planet because of all the dust kicked up into the atmosphere.

I'd say pretty much all life on Earth would be completely fucked. The Chicxulub crater left by the meteor that killed the dinosaurs is only about 110 miles across. Anything that could make a crater of this size would make it look like a pop gun going off.

Does humanity even have a bomb that can make a crater that big?  I know the tsar bomb is enormous, but would even that be large enough and have enough force to make a crater that big?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2332 on: June 03, 2013, 11:40:33 pm »
I think we have enough nuclear power to wipeout most animal life

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2333 on: June 03, 2013, 11:59:42 pm »

Does humanity even have a bomb that can make a crater that big?  I know the tsar bomb is enormous, but would even that be large enough and have enough force to make a crater that big?

A crater that big would have been caused by an explosion that wiped out all human life on Earth. I mean if it was done with a nuke then the radiation would have been spread all over the planet, causing additional damage and even with a conventional bomb the smoke and debris would have blotted out the sun causing another ice-age. In fact the explosion might have thrown some debris out of the orbit considering how huge that crater is.

Then there is the possibility that it would have been caused by a meteorite, which would be more believable, but it would still have wiped out most of the life on Earth if it caused a crater that huge. I mean the meteorite that took out most of the dinosaurs was MUCH smaller.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #2334 on: June 04, 2013, 06:42:14 am »
No, no nuke is powerful enough to make this. The only way humanity could achieve this to go catch a large asteroid (a really large one, maybe even a dwarf planet) and throw it. An impact event that big would sterilise the Earth and strip the oceans and atmosphere at the very least. We're about halfway to Alderaan with this.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2335 on: June 04, 2013, 07:04:42 am »
No, no nuke is powerful enough to make this. The only way humanity could achieve this to go catch a large asteroid (a really large one, maybe even a dwarf planet) and throw it. An impact event that big would sterilise the Earth and strip the oceans and atmosphere at the very least. We're about halfway to Alderaan with this.
I am always bothered when some work of fiction has a planet-killer weapon that actually blows up the planet, because usually* it is overkill. Really, all it takes to wipe out most of the life on the planet would be to destroy the surface and the atmosphere, why bother using up energy to destroy the WHOLE planet?

*Apart from those situations where the thing you want to kill is either REALLY deep underneath the surface or the thing you need to destroy actually is the planet! (Living planet, planet constructs etc.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #2336 on: June 04, 2013, 11:24:56 am »
I think I have reached my limit with the conspiratadic shit I get from this woman I know. 

When I was in school back in the 90s, the Bible was available for checkout at the school library along with many other religious texts.
Students were free to check them out, bring their own Bibles and even have Bible study groups on school property. The ONLY thing that's prohibited is the staff cannot lead or encourage students or show preference to any one specific religion. I doubt things have changed much since then.

Our freshman year, first semester english class was the bible as in literature.  We even had a test over various creation texts, Christian, Navajo, Hindu, and this was in 1994.   

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2337 on: June 08, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Potenatae Argyros

• Neonate
  • Sorry to pop in unannounced.
« Reply #2338 on: June 10, 2013, 12:45:15 pm »

Yeah, go ahead and give our wingnuts, the ELD & BNP, and you average Anders Breivik more ammunition to attack Muslims. 
I came up with this signature all by myself.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2339 on: June 10, 2013, 08:13:10 pm »
I think I have reached my limit with the conspiratadic shit I get from this woman I know. 

When I was in school back in the 90s, the Bible was available for checkout at the school library along with many other religious texts.
Students were free to check them out, bring their own Bibles and even have Bible study groups on school property. The ONLY thing that's prohibited is the staff cannot lead or encourage students or show preference to any one specific religion. I doubt things have changed much since then.

Our freshman year, first semester english class was the bible as in literature.  We even had a test over various creation texts, Christian, Navajo, Hindu, and this was in 1994.   

2005-2006 we had prayer circles during lunch. We went to the doors away from everyone during lunch. This was when I was still figuring out my religion and had been invited so I figured why not.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!