Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113722 times)

Offline Nemo

• Pope
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4110 on: June 15, 2015, 11:10:12 pm »

At least it wasn't a family member this time. Just somebody from high school who I probably wouldn't recognize if I met them irl but am too polite to delete from Facebook.

As for the photo, who, aside from the right, associates Al Gore with the science behind climate change? All Al Gore did was give a Power Point presentation that he turned into a movie and made money off of. I'm pretty sure most scientists who study climate change hate him.

And speaking of irrelevant figures, what's the deal with the right always bringing Al Sharpton into debates? I wasn't even aware of any statements he made about Baltimore, but I sure heard my relatives ranting about him. I'm pretty sure the residents of Baltimore would not have acted even remotely differently had Sharpton vanished from existence.

The transphobia isn't even worth commenting on.

True enough. And not even all the Abrahamic faiths, Christianity and Islam are evangelical but Judaism isn't (which is also reflected in their numbers). I dunno about other religions though.
I suspect it has to do with the belief in Hell, not merely for someone's actions, but simply as punishment for being born. The belief in Heaven and Hell based on beliefs is a powerful driving factor behind evangelism.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:12:01 pm by Nemo »
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4111 on: June 16, 2015, 03:59:00 am »
According to the right Sharpton is a Race Baiter and the real reason that racism continues to exist in America today. He fans the flames of hate and convinces his people that whitie still owes them for past injustices even though America has been racism free since the civil rights act. Any animosity brought towards black people is brought on by them by themselves.

It's a members only board where I get to read this stuff otherwise I could show you guys some amazing bullshit and double think.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4112 on: June 16, 2015, 07:49:37 am »
According to the right Sharpton is a Race Baiter and the real reason that racism continues to exist in America today. He fans the flames of hate and convinces his people that whitie still owes them for past injustices even though America has been racism free since the civil rights act. Any animosity brought towards black people is brought on by them by themselves.

It's a members only board where I get to read this stuff otherwise I could show you guys some amazing bullshit and double think.

There are legitimate reasons to criticize Al Sharpton, but calling him the main reason racism still exists in America is just stupid.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4113 on: June 16, 2015, 01:10:49 pm »

These guys never consider the Father of said Jewish Hippie. He's just as fiery as those other guys.

I think the "Jewish Hippie" is a nice change of pace. I admire a guy who's more brains than brawn and who gets things done via pure guile.

Also, according to the story, he came back to life as an immortal super-dude.

Conquering death...Now that's badass!

That said, they all have their worth.

The guys who made that image....not so much.

Although their choice of religion makes more sense (considering their bigotry), they're a bane to Pagans everywhere.

Bigots get both Christianity & Paganism wrong!

pyro

« Reply #4114 on: June 16, 2015, 03:38:29 pm »

Nonviolence
Is ineffective
Is racist
Is statist
Is patri[arcial]

And I can't read the rest. The answer is still:

Huh?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #4115 on: June 16, 2015, 05:44:11 pm »
Non-violence is Patriarchal?!!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4116 on: June 16, 2015, 10:08:36 pm »
I think the idea is something like "the patriarchy wants you to be nonviolent so you don't really challenge the status quo". Standard "revolution or nothing!" rhetoric.
Σא

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4117 on: June 16, 2015, 10:12:15 pm »

This is Brother Dean, allegedly the man behind the Philosophy Of Rape.

I find this funny because the typo makes it sound like he's saying "women belong in the kitten" 

Unless Kit Hen's are a thing

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4118 on: June 16, 2015, 11:00:08 pm »

I find this funny because the typo makes it sound like he's saying "women belong in the kitten" 

Do I want to know what "Philosophy of Rape" is?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4119 on: June 16, 2015, 11:10:06 pm »

Depends.  How morbidly curious are you?

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4120 on: June 16, 2015, 11:28:02 pm »

very.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4122 on: June 16, 2015, 11:41:19 pm »

No, you don't.

http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=103938

http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=109504&Page=1

http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=109620

anybody called the fbi on this douchecanoe? this kind of advocacy is illegal (at least in france). i mean, raping people is horrible in its own right. but raping 6 year olds?!
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4123 on: June 17, 2015, 01:12:58 am »

I marathoned the original Nick Bate thread on KiwiFarms.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #4124 on: June 17, 2015, 07:45:11 am »
I think the idea is something like "the patriarchy wants you to be nonviolent so you don't really challenge the status quo". Standard "revolution or nothing!" rhetoric.

Ah, I see. I kinda was thinking that but had to make sure.

I was puzzled at first because the usual mindset is "Men & Patriarchy are brutal & warlike...therefore Male = Bad".