Author Topic: ACA Upheld  (Read 11485 times)

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
Re: ACA Upheld
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:18 pm »
Why does the iPad say the mandate was struck down?

Saturn500

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 09:41:26 pm »
Because the original "Dewey Defeats Truman" Headline the image is a photoshop of was inaccurate.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:13 pm »
And is it just me or do fundies have some bizarre sexual tension in regards to Obama?

Then please contact Jim Robinson and have him shut down this website, call Rush, Sean and Glen and tell them to go ahead of go off the air and let’s all just sit back and listen to Hard Rock music all the way to the abyss. Let’s just throw in the towel. Bend over for Obama and just pray that he will be merciful and use vaseline. -no dems, Free Republic

Just as Europe reaches the end of peak government, little did everyone know while they were rubbernecking, that the United States had already arrived.

I feel like Jodie Foster in The Accused getting her ass glued to a pinball machine while the frat boy turns up the radio to drown out the animal sounds.

Obama is a legislative rapist, even as he's had to force his manly wife to take pills so she won't cry while he's reaming her from behind.

His dick is now 'a tax'.

Justice Roberts wholeheartedly agrees.

Bend over or else you might find yourself in arrears. -Wyatt Junker, Where Liberty Dwells

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »
Reminds me of Bill Maher's rant. Obama won't be the one performing the prostate exam, that's just a fantasy of Republican men.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 10:17:28 pm »
Why does the iPad say the mandate was struck down?

As shown in a video link provided earlier in this thread, CNN and Fox News both jumped the gun on their initial report of the ruling, just like the Chicago Tribune did with the 1948 presidential election. They were so eager to break the news that they let rumor, speculation, and false leads guide their initial reports before getting the whole thing.
-A Pen Name

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »
I did notice that, it was just the look on Obama's face in the photoshop. I didn't realize there was historical significance- the Dewey-Truman campaign. I thought someone messed up the photoshop.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 12:21:14 pm »
For more insanity I turn to the late Andy Breitbart's Big Government:

Roberts should be hanged for treason. -MilPtr

I agree with everything you say, however, it fumes me to know that the 2 latest appointees for LIFE are such far left radicals that they are always predictable in their vote.  The constitution means NOTHING to them.  Kagan is not qualified and Sotomayor is totally racist and biased.  Proven by her previous judgments.  Crazy. And we are stuck with them for LIFE. 
I know its a constitutional thing, but something has got to be done for term limits for these politicians and judges. -antibee

Roberts was a one man sleeper cell.  Posing as a Conservative and attacking when he could do the most damage.  If we fail in November we will become a dictatorship.  Martial law may come as soon as September -bobthemoron

Robber-ts needs to wear a hoodie with his black robe. He caved and stole from the American people. Just like Barak Husein Kardashian he wanted a place in history and he got it. But it will not turn out like he thinks.  A tax is still unconstitutional since this bill did not originate in the house. We have too many limp-wristed people not standing up. Vote in November to end this insanity. -Alozarkman

ROBERTS WAS PAID OFF. -SusieQQ

Some may think Roberts decision was the gift of a poison pen but I think all he gave us was a gamble.  I doubt that this bill will ever get repealed because it has just enough laudanum in it to put the whole country to sleep. 

I think before we get stuck with another David Souter we need to make Roberts life miserable.  Picket his home, rotten tomatoes, nasty-grams, etc.  We need to let him know this kind of gutlessness will not be tolerated when the very existence of the country is at stake.  Too many more taxes will break the back of the economy & people will starve. 

I you were afraid of Obama's threats Mr. Roberts, you should really be more afraid of the American people! -whatever

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 12:45:01 pm »
Mmm. Tasty tasty conservative tears.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 12:45:53 pm »

Some may think Roberts decision was the gift of a poison pen but I think all he gave us was a gamble.  I doubt that this bill will ever get repealed because it has just enough laudanum in it to put the whole country to sleep. 

I think before we get stuck with another David Souter we need to make Roberts life miserable.  Picket his home, rotten tomatoes, nasty-grams, etc.  We need to let him know this kind of gutlessness will not be tolerated when the very existence of the country is at stake.  Too many more taxes will break the back of the economy & people will starve. 

I you were afraid of Obama's threats Mr. Roberts, you should really be more afraid of the American people! -whatever

Ok, it's bad for people to starve, but it's ok for the less well off to be left to die, because they can't afford medical care. The ACA includes more funding to low cost medical centers that treat people without insurance, thanks to Bernie Sanders.

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »
Here's some more conservative tears -

Conservatives are trying to link the side effects of Justice Roberts’ epilepsy medication to his decision.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/06/29/conservatives-conclude-justice-roberts-upheld-obamacare-because-of-epilepsy-medication/

American Family response -

kicking off his program by declaring that "America no longer exists as a constitutional republic," suggesting that the authors of the decision ought to be impeached, questioning Chief Justice John Roberts' sanity, and calling the decision "legal garbage" that should be tossed in a landfill and left to rot
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/fischer-roberts-health-care-ruling-makes-you-wonder-if-something-has-gone-wrong-his-brain

edit - had to add this one as well, this one was PRICELESS bad
Indiana congressman and gubernatorial candidate Mike Pence likened the Supreme Court's ruling upholding the Democratic health care law to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks
http://www.alternet.org/teaparty/156090/the_10_most_hilariously_unhinged_right-wing_reactions_to_the_obamacare_ruling/

edit edit - RR's official Obamacare thread, its pricess as well http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?177460-Obama-Care-Survives
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:07:31 pm by CaseAgainstFaith »
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:34 pm »
If someone is really comparing this to 9/11, they need to get the fuck out, now, especially if it's a politician. I'm pretty sure that extending healthcare to more citizens is a tad different from some terrorists murdering thousands of people, and such a comparison is an insult to everyone who has endured losses on either side.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2012, 02:55:05 pm »

Roberts should be hanged for treason. -MilPtr

I agree. Citizen's United put our country in the hands of special interests.

Robber-ts needs to wear a hoodie with his black robe. He caved and stole from the American people. Just like Barak Husein Kardashian he wanted a place in history and he got it. But it will not turn out like he thinks.  A tax is still unconstitutional since this bill did not originate in the house. We have too many limp-wristed people not standing up. Vote in November to end this insanity. -Alozarkman

Ever heard of the 16th amendment?

Lol... Barak Husein Kardashian

Anyways...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgpKQxkWnhI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgpKQxkWnhI</a>

Off to Vermont!
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 03:10:08 pm »
Mmm. Tasty tasty conservative tears.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM</a>

Roberts continued belief in money being equal to free speech doesn't get him out of my personal dog house (and I KNOW he's bothered by that  ::)), but this was a shocking decision that gets him a week's worth of good will from me.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 07:42:52 pm »
Even more Fundie conspiratorial goodness: 

David Axelrod Threatened to Kill Roberts' Family
John Roberts didn't overturn the ACA because... ..."they" threatened his family. Luckily, a brave Secret Service agent heard President Obama and David Axelrod discussing the threats, and soon Ax will be arrested, and Roberts will switch sides.
Proposed by: "Harry" at ToBeRight
Key quote: "How could John Roberts side with the liberals? The individual mandate is so clearly unconstitutional – even to a layperson – how could it be?

Kind of like a Vince Flynn book. Someone got to Roberts. I bet they got to him and told him he has to vote this way or members of his family – kids, wife, parents, whoever – were going to be killed.

Later this afternoon, it's going to come out that Roberts was coerced. A Secret Service agent overheard Obama and Axelrod discussing the Roberts blackmail. He managed to get them on tape discussing it. Later this afternoon, the whole story will come out, Roberts will issue his REAL opinion, and Obama and Axelrod will be taken away in handcuffs."

Toberight.com via gawker.  http://gawker.com/5922416/john-roberts-medication-made-him-stupid-and-other-right+wing-explanations-for-the-obamacare-ruling

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »
This is appropriate.

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth