Author Topic: No one learned from the Sony rootkit scandal.  (Read 932 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
No one learned from the Sony rootkit scandal.
« on: June 29, 2013, 11:38:13 pm »
Hey Congress let us put rootkits and malware in the electronic media we sell to customers! –The Entertainment Industry. Aka no one learned a god damn thing from the Sony BMG CD copy protection rootkit scandal of 2005–2007. Why should someone pay for viril with their entertainment when they can get that for free!

But don’t take it from me, here is the TL:DR 84 page document named “Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property.” Now with MOAR buzzwords, management speak, persecution complex and general lack of knowledge pertaining to technology. Highlights include:

The ACME award for lack of forethought goes to…
(click to show/hide)

Hey let’s start a cyberwar, what could possibly go wrong?
(click to show/hide)

Fuck you World Health Organization do what I say!
(click to show/hide)
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: No one learned from the Sony rootkit scandal.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:06:48 am »
So I read the highlights and then clicked for the main report, because I wanted to know, "Who the fuck are these guys?".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Bureau_of_Asian_Research

Old cold war era lobbying group, originally, out to "save America", and now American copy protected material. Yeah, those cyber munitions they outline will just start a wildfire. Bad idea. Just concentrate on anti-hacking defense, not anti-hacker landmines. Landmines kill innocents, too.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.