Community > FQA Projects

Our New Thing

(1/16) > >>

JohnE:
With the forums splitting from FSTDT, the community needs a New Thing™ to keep it anchored and vibrant, and to draw in new blood (and maybe even some fun debate opponents). This will be a thread for brainstorming ideas. (Hope there isn't one already. I didn't see one)

One idea I've heard is for a podcast. Seems very doable.

I'd like to suggest maybe a YouTube channel. Frequently Question Answers is a great name for a YouTube channel, after all. Forumites could collaborate on videos about science, history, religion, and current events, focussing on debunking myths and misconceptions. I'd be willing and able to donate art, research, writing, and maybe even voice overs.

Any other ideas?

Cerim Treascair:
I've done podcasts before.  That sounds like a blast!

wrightway:
Is there anyway to bring focus to the entertainment section? We have some brilliant writers and artists on this forum.

MadCatTLX:
Damnit, thread ninja'd!

The podcast was my idea and I'd love to be involved with it. I also suggested a website withe various articles or a blog. I'd be more than happy to contribute to that as well. I'm not sure what I could do to help with videos though. I can't really make the visuals themselves, but I might be able to do scripts and narration.

Another guy who lives in Tulsa already does great videos and my favorite podcast under the name "The Thinking Atheist" on YouTube. He happened to make an episode of his podcast a while back focusing specifically on video production.

JohnE:

--- Quote from: MadCatTLX on August 08, 2013, 08:56:31 pm ---I also suggested a website withe various articles or a blog.
--- End quote ---
I like the idea of a website with articles. There would need to be a team to vet and proofread them, but I'd be willing to help with that.

--- Quote from: Brain Fritz on August 08, 2013, 08:46:25 pm ---Is there anyway to bring focus to the entertainment section? We have some brilliant writers and artists on this forum.

--- End quote ---
If we go with the website and articles idea, there could be posts or a section highlighting the creative endeavors of forum members. A podcast or a YouTube channel could do the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version