Author Topic: Rand Paul detained: Rep. refuses airport patdown  (Read 5463 times)

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
Re: Rand Paul detained: Rep. refuses airport patdown
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 10:52:16 am »
The proper response to a law maker breaking the law is to respond with "Then you of all people should have known better," not by letting them off easy, irregardless of which way they voted on the matter.
The Rules, get to know them.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 12:07:13 pm »
You almost have to wonder if he made one of those trite "Do you know who I am?" remarks.  The TSA/law enforcement doesn't give a shit who you are. :P

If Al Gore and Donald Rumsfeld both had to sit through it you can too, Mr. Paul.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 02:12:04 pm »
God damn it Rand :insert facepalm meme:. We get it, you're a "libertarian" and you oppose the TSA searches. Believe me, we all know they are not making anyone safer, they just waste our time, and they really just want a free grope session on a 13 year old which won't land them in jail. We understand. Everyone has wanted to tell off these insignificant waste of organs in TSA jumpsuits. The only reason we haven't yet is because there are hundreds of people behind us who have to endure the exact same thing and we don't want to be the asshole that holds up the line wasting the time of those good people. So thanks Rand. Thanks for being that asshole that cares more about your little potshot on a TSA agent than the people behind you who just want to catch a flight.

EDIT: 100 post  ;D ;D ;D

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 02:34:32 pm »
Huh. So Ron Paul believes that his son should be granted privileges and considerations not given to others why? Because he is Ron Paul's son? Because he is a congressman? I'm sorry, you set off the metal detectors and you get additional screening. You don't get waved through because of who your daddy is or what you do for a living. So much for Ron Paul's "libertarian" views. He honestly does think that some people are elite.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 05:12:34 pm »
Huh. So Ron Paul believes that his son should be granted privileges and considerations not given to others why? Because he is Ron Paul's son? Because he is a congressman? I'm sorry, you set off the metal detectors and you get additional screening. You don't get waved through because of who your daddy is or what you do for a living. So much for Ron Paul's "libertarian" views. He honestly does think that some people are elite.

There is a simple solution. Check all your pockets and remove any clothing with metal attached (unless it's pants or a shirt). When I travel I do the full pat down on myself before going through the scanner
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rt-9Kz7jw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rt-9Kz7jw</a>

To be fair, Ron Paul's against the current security measures at Airports.  So it's not so much that Rand Paul is too important, but that they don't believe anyone should be subjected to it.

I hate to defend the Pauls, but let's use their actual positions against them.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 08:20:14 pm »
Just so you guys know...you can't detain a sitting congressmen when congress(or body of whatever the legislature is called), is sitting.  So there is some sort of precedence.  But still, this is a rather douchey move on these two.

Ironbite-not that I don't see them being douch-bags when they're confronted by someone with a tiny smidgen of authority above them.