Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 569392 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2012, 09:59:21 pm »
Kkat and Fo:E can both burn as far as we pre-readers are concerned.  We're regretting ever allowing that to go up in the first place.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2012, 12:59:28 am »
So I'm getting real time feedback as we speak.

Update:  The story has made one entire pass through an editor, and several good changes have occurred.  Tomorrow, another pass will occur.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:59:57 am by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2012, 02:29:13 am »
Requesting you e-mail it to me after that edit pass, B.  You have me intrigued, which doesn't happen often.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

• The Beast
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2012, 02:49:26 am »
Requesting you e-mail it to me after that edit pass, B.  You have me intrigued, which doesn't happen often.

I take it you mean after the second pass.  Yeah.  I can do that. :D

While we're on the topic, how common is Raripie, anyway?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 03:11:01 am by B-Man »

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2012, 10:38:31 am »
Kkat and Fo:E can both burn as far as we pre-readers are concerned.  We're regretting ever allowing that to go up in the first place.
Curious Inquiry: May I ask why?
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »
B:  Raripie? It ain't.  That's a VERY uncommon ship, and I think we've seen it all of twice since I became a pre-reader and EqD STARTED.  I'm interested... again.

Yla:  Mostly for the fact that Kkat flaunted our 'no clop' rules after we okayed Fo:E to go up initially, since we didn't check followup chapters at the time we allowed it to go up.  Chapter 20.5 explicitly mentions double-ended dildos and orgasms.  When we called her on it in the comments, her fanbase basically responded with "HOW DARE YOU TELL HER SHE'S WRONG!"

Throw in that she's followed other authors to their FA journals where they're mocking a plothole or a character and she rages on them and says not to contact her ever again (when she... doesn't watch anypony on FA... so she has to either check the author's page, or be told about it by one of her toadies...); she recently said in a journal of her own that anypony that hates Fo:E is the same as somepony that hates chocolate; she's told us pre-readers that she could do our jobs (all ~30 of us) better than we could... We Don't Like Her.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2012, 02:30:44 pm »
Can't you take down the less than lawful chapters?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2012, 02:42:58 pm »
If we do, Zach, the Fo:E fanbase will inundate Sethisto's e-mail with fanwank so massive it might make his account explode.  He already gets something on the order of 200 a day.  We've all but blacklisted Kkat from ever posting again, since she's seen fit to throw our simple rules in our collective face.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:49 pm »
Wow.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

• The Beast
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:13 pm »
So I just axed the homophobia part in favor of Pinkie Pie having doubts about being worthy of Rarity's love.  Rarity then basically reveals that if fate hadn't stepped in to solidify her fashionista career, she was considering becoming a chef, and as such, she envies Pinkie somewhat.  She still loves her fashonista business, but she has a "what could have been" feeling about her path in life.

In short, she talks about how amazing she thinks Pinkie is for being able to do something she once considered.  Yeah, my explanation may sound a bit muddy.  I know.  I just wanted to let you guys know what I tried changing things to.

I'm getting another editor to read through it right now. :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:12:19 pm by B-Man »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2012, 07:17:31 pm »
So I just axed the homophobia part in favor of Pinkie Pie having doubts about being worthy of Rarity's love.  Rarity then basically reveals that if fate hadn't stepped in to solidify her fashionista career, she was considering becoming a chef, and as such, she envies Pinkie somewhat.  She still loves her fashonista business, but she has a "what could have been" feeling about her path in life.

In short, she talks about how amazing she thinks Pinkie is for being able to do something she once considered.  Yeah, my explanation may sound a bit muddy.  I know.  I just wanted to let you guys know what I tried changing things to.

Now THAT sounds like a good read, B.  That's what we like to see from authors, rather than "Fix A, B, and C, and it's good to go" and then never hearing from them again.

Formerly Priestling

• The Beast
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2012, 07:36:36 pm »

Now THAT sounds like a good read, B.  That's what we like to see from authors, rather than "Fix A, B, and C, and it's good to go" and then never hearing from them again.

Hehe.  I used to be one of those, actually.  I have yet to go figure out my "Rarity and three Wonderbolts die because Rainbow fails the Sonic Rainboom" plot I devised way back.

Well, I do hope you like it.  There's a bit more dialog now as a result of the change, and it even pushes the story to over 2500 words. XD

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »
We've gotten buckets of 'rainboom fail' fics, unfortunately... if you're not doing something different with it, we'll reject it.

And you're over 2500! that's good! Veddy good!

Formerly Priestling

• The Beast
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »
We've gotten buckets of 'rainboom fail' fics, unfortunately... if you're not doing something different with it, we'll reject it.

And you're over 2500! that's good! Veddy good!

In that case, I might just scrap it.  I don't want to crowd the market.  I mean, I could read all the fics and try to find another angle, but c'mon.  Fuck that. :P

...then again, maybe SOME day.  Just not in the foreseeable future. :P

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2012, 07:51:41 pm »
Hey, don't give up on it.  You might come up with something we haven't seen, eventually.  Right now... there's at least five 'rainboom fails' fics I can think of on EqD off the top of my head.

Formerly Priestling