Community > Politics and Government

Sargon of Akkad running for office

(1/3) > >>

Skybison:
Once upon a time Sargon of Akkad was a brutal conqueror who formed the first empire in human history in ancient Mesopotamia.  Then he disappeared for a while before coming back as an angry sexist jerk whining about how women were ruining video games but giving their opinions on them.  But now he's going beyond youtube and is running for office for UKIP in the upcoming EU parliamentary elections.

Things seem to off to a rocky start with even the daily mail calling him a sicko, but his fans are supporting him with their usual level of rational thought

Will sargon end up in the EU parliament?  I sure hope not but the way thigs have been going it wouldn't shock me.

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2019/04/21/youtuber-turned-ukip-candidate-carl-sargon-of-akkad-benjamin-hits-the-campaign-trail-and-its-going-alt-great/

niam2023:
And we have now gotten to the point where idiotic talking heads are convinced they can in fact run for office. Beautiful.

Keep shooting yourselves in the foot, UKIP. As if THIS is what you needed to reverse your poor performances.

Askold:
They will stop doing that when the racist meme-lords stop getting them a net gain in votes.

Finland had elections recently and a racist drunk with a history for violent crimes (including sexual assault) has been getting more and more votes each time he's a candidate. He hasn't done anything useful to anyone while in parliament but he's an unashamed alcoholic and a cowardly racist (his campaign car had a slogan that insults immigrants and demands them to be driven out of Finland but when questioned by reporters he made bullshit excuses for it.)

There's a popular movement of right-wing racists in Europe and USA (at least) and so far they are still gaining momentum.

niam2023:
I'll wait until I see ACTUAL poll numbers for Mr. Of Akkad before I start panicking.

Chaos Undivided:
Seems like everyone's running for office nowadays. Comedians, businesspeople, and now Internet pundits. Maybe we'll see some let's players running when Pewdiepie's nine-year-old army reaches voting age. Imagine DSP running for office:

"What? WHAAT?! I don't get a do-over? This debate SUCKS! It's bullshit, man. *burp* This whole system is bugged, dood. *laughs like a mentally challenged seal*"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version