Community > Politics and Government

7th level WTF moments in Oregon

(1/5) > >>

Askold:
For those of you who haven't been paying attention to this a short recap:

Democrats were about to pass a legislation to improve enviromental protection laws in the state and after running out of tricks to slow it down the GOP decided to prevent the final vote thingy by simply going hiding. One of them even told the police that they better send bachelors after him because he will MURDER any police officer that tries to force him to do his job.

Now as the latest form of insanity, the local militias have announced that they'll do ANYTHING to help protect these politicians.

So USA may see a rebellion by GOP politicians and armed insurgents who don't want laws to restrict pollution in their state?

I knew that Trump was making politics more childish in USA but this is the weirdest tantrum that I've seen so far.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/armed-militias-pledge-to-fight-for-fugitive-oregon-gop-lawmakers-at-any-cost

RavynousHunter:
Funny that we have armed, dangerous militias that nobody does anything about.  Not "haha" funny, but more "how the fuck have they managed to stay out of prison" funny.

(click to show/hide)Might have something to do with the fact they're all whiter than a sheet of A4.  Just a wild guess, though.

Askold:
Due to a comment from elsewhere: Isn't this technically a civil war? Several of the lawmakers have fled and have publicly announced that they will use violence to fight against the democratically chosen government and prevent it from functioning and now paramilitary troops have rallied to their cause and announced that they will fight the lawfully elected government.

Id82:
The beauty of this is Trump won't do anything to stop it.
I say fuck it. If they don't want to do their job than well do the job without them.

ironbite:
Legally they can't because they don't have a quarom in order to actually pass legislation.

Ironbite-meaning you have to have members of the minority in order to conduct business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version