Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073912 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4890 on: August 21, 2013, 08:43:49 pm »
Got the shakes?  Just watch a Youtube video of Joffrey getting the shit slapped out of him.
Joffrey getting slapped has to be one of the most satisfying things on youtube...

And this is reason why the Joffrey getting slapped gif will always exist in my sig. But to be fair, I'm a sucker for face slapping, or even any object hitting anyone in the face when you really think about it...

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:48:42 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4891 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:55 pm »
But to be fair, I'm a sucker for face slapping, or even any object hitting anyone in the face when you really think about it...

Who isn't?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4892 on: August 22, 2013, 12:55:43 am »
Mid season breaks.

"Yeah, now that people are really into our program, lets just not show the rest of it till six months later, when everyone will have forgotten what the fuck was going on."

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

This reminds me how much I hate HBO does seasons of their shows. First off, most the seasons are short, and only have about 10 episodes, Secondly, they make you wait a whole fucking year for the next season. I'm sorry, I'm going through GOT withdrawal.

You could always (re)read the books. It should hold you over until the next season.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4893 on: August 22, 2013, 10:31:08 am »
I'm doing an independent study this semester with my favorite professor. I told him what time I could meet with him every week, and he emailed back, "We'll be working with M. Is that okay?" And of course, M is someone I absolutely despise. How the hell am I supposed to say no to that? I don't want to be miserable the entire semester, but I can't exactly tell the professor, "Aw no, she's a stupid bitch. I'm not working with that shit."
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4894 on: August 22, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »
I'm doing an independent study this semester with my favorite professor. I told him what time I could meet with him every week, and he emailed back, "We'll be working with M. Is that okay?" And of course, M is someone I absolutely despise. How the hell am I supposed to say no to that? I don't want to be miserable the entire semester, but I can't exactly tell the professor, "Aw no, she's a stupid bitch. I'm not working with that shit."

Don't use the words "I despise that stupid bitch" or anything like that. Simply state that you're not on good terms with her and list the reasons why and hope that you can at least let the professor know that there may be problems with the two of you working together.

Or bite your tongue and deal with it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4895 on: August 22, 2013, 08:35:11 pm »
I hate developing with Minecraft 1.6.2.  I really, REALLY hate it.  With 1.5.2, getting textures in wasn't really all that hard.  A bit convoluted, maybe, but not too difficult.  Now?  I've tried no less than half a dozen solutions to my problem, and not a single FUCKING one of them has worked.  Getting Eclipse/Minecraft to locate and register a texture shouldn't be this god damned difficult.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4896 on: August 23, 2013, 02:32:48 am »
The antibiotics I'm taking are having some rather... uncomfortable side effects.

The chicks here will know what I'm talking about.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4897 on: August 23, 2013, 10:19:19 am »
The antibiotics I'm taking are having some rather... uncomfortable side effects.

Indeed.

But ouch. I heard that antibiotics can cause those kinds of problems. Thankfully I have never had to deal with that. My antibiotics treat the internal infection and that's it. Only problems I've had would be when I turned out to be allergic to certain ones.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #4898 on: August 23, 2013, 10:55:29 am »
When people agree to help you with something and they don't show up, or bother to contact you. I wouldn't be annoyed if they had simply said no. I can understand not wanting to help, but it's really annoying to say yes and then not do it. Even more annoying when there's plenty of projects I could get started on, but shouldn't in case friend shows up.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4899 on: August 23, 2013, 01:12:29 pm »

I know what you're talking about even. :p
It's to do with killing off your body's bacteria, letting the yeast take over and run amok.  I think it can happen to everyone in some way.  Not just women.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4900 on: August 23, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »
Mhm, they can bugger up your stomach, too.  I know doxycycline does it to me.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4901 on: August 23, 2013, 01:27:35 pm »
Yeah... we never really know how important the lil' bugs are in our bodies until they're gone.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4902 on: August 23, 2013, 03:33:13 pm »
Indeed.

But ouch. I heard that antibiotics can cause those kinds of problems. Thankfully I have never had to deal with that. My antibiotics treat the internal infection and that's it. Only problems I've had would be when I turned out to be allergic to certain ones.

I usually don't have any significant side effects when taking antibiotics. The last time I took them, a couple years ago, I had some mild issues down below, but it sorted itself out within a day or two, and on all previous occasions the worst problem was minor stomach discomfort when taking stronger antibiotics.

This time, however, it's pretty bad. It's not even gross and smelly or anything, just very sore and swollen. :(

Yeah... we never really know how important the lil' bugs are in our bodies until they're gone.

Antibiotics will definitely give you a new-found appreciation for beneficial bacteria. Hopefully eating yogurt and drinking plenty of water will help sort things out.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4903 on: August 23, 2013, 06:50:27 pm »
Well let's hope it clears up soon. For me, I'm usually more concerned about discomfort than I am other things.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4904 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08:51 am »
Yogurt...I dunno if I just keep trying the wrong kids or what, but that stuff just tastes plain weird.  Its zippy, kinda like orange juice, but not nearly as pleasing because of the odd under-taste it has going on.