Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072639 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6075 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:45 pm »
Aye, I tend to only worry about the ones I know can cause serious damage.  Pain, I can live with.  Not so much with the powerful neurotoxins and leaving necrotic holes in my flesh.

Snakes, on the other hand...I love snakes.  I know the regular ones from the dangerous ones, and know enough to stay well the hell away from the latter, especially pygmy rattlers as they're ornery little bastards.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6076 on: November 19, 2013, 04:55:02 pm »
Yeah, they're itty rattlesnakes with 'short man syndrome'.  Not quite a good mix, lol.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6077 on: November 19, 2013, 04:57:50 pm »
Oh yeah... one thing that really annoys me is when people feel that they're entitled to be rude (or even worse, an outright dick) when stating their opinion.

And when called on their dickish behavior, they go "Oh, you just hate it that my opinion is different from yours." or "OMG IT'S SO ECHO CHAMBER IN HERE."

No, it is not your opinion that is infuriating, it is you.

If you want to be a dick, don't whine or deflect when people are a dick back to you.  That is how the world works, and it's what you deserve.

If you cannot state your opinion without resorting to mocking, trolling, or flaming, then you need to re-evaluate yourself as a person.

Also, people who believe that being correct or intelligent means they have the right to be an asshole.  No.  No you don't.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6078 on: November 19, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »
Also, people who believe that being correct or intelligent means they have the right to be an asshole.  No.  No you don't.

But, it's just so much fun  :'(

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6079 on: November 19, 2013, 06:36:32 pm »

I also hate people who hit middle age or later and figure that they can be assholes because they're old enough to earn that privilege.

Ha ha, no. I have no tolerance for bitchiness at the workplace, even if you're in your 50s.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6080 on: November 19, 2013, 06:39:37 pm »

I also hate people who hit middle age or later and figure that they can be assholes because they're old enough to earn that privilege.

Ha ha, no. I have no tolerance for bitchiness at the workplace, even if you're in your 50s.

Being around bitchy people makes me bitchy.

I am aware of the hypocrisy and all I can say is "it's not right when I do it, either."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6081 on: November 19, 2013, 07:29:02 pm »
^^ It's at least understandable, though.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #6082 on: November 19, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »
Bitchy aunt somehow got my new phone number and keeps trying to tell me to get mom to call her (my suspicion: she raided her niece's purse and got it from her phone. She's a purse-raider, mom's had money and pain meds go missing back when she used to visit).

No effing way, lady, you don't get to leave several weeks worth of nasty messages on our phones, have your grandsons make threatening calls, getting relatives, even the ones from out-of-state, involved in this gigantic pile of shit, call my sister-in-law at all hours (she is already constantly busy with the PEHO baby), vandalize our car and then cut off all contact, and then a year and a half later suddenly want to talk to us again.

Why does she want back in touch with us so badly?

A sick relative? Genuine remorse?

No. Her big, important reason...
She's supposedly too poor to buy her grandsons an XBox One and a PS4, and wants us to help her with Christmas shopping.

Nope, got away from the family madness and have generally enjoyed life since.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #6083 on: November 19, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »
Bitchy aunt somehow got my new phone number and keeps trying to tell me to get mom to call her (my suspicion: she raided her niece's purse and got it from her phone. She's a purse-raider, mom's had money and pain meds go missing back when she used to visit).

No effing way, lady, you don't get to leave several weeks worth of nasty messages on our phones, have your grandsons make threatening calls, getting relatives, even the ones from out-of-state, involved in this gigantic pile of shit, call my sister-in-law at all hours (she is already constantly busy with the PEHO baby), vandalize our car and then cut off all contact, and then a year and a half later suddenly want to talk to us again.

Why does she want back in touch with us so badly?

A sick relative? Genuine remorse?

No. Her big, important reason...
She's supposedly too poor to buy her grandsons an XBox One and a PS4, and wants us to help her with Christmas shopping.

Nope, got away from the family madness and have generally enjoyed life since.

If there's a Hall of Fame for first-world problems, your aunt just earned a lifetime member award.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6084 on: November 19, 2013, 08:15:39 pm »

I am aware of the hypocrisy and all I can say is "it's not right when I do it, either."

You're not the only who adopts the 'be an asshole to me I'll be an asshole in return' way of doing things. Sometimes it actually accomplishes getting the other guy to realize he's being an asshole.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6085 on: November 19, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »

I really don't get what the hell it is with the older people who treat you like crap while demanding respect. Like those little old ladies here in Australia who say racist things to their Asian neighbours and then chuck a hissy fit when anyone takes issue.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6086 on: November 19, 2013, 10:18:42 pm »

You're not the only who adopts the 'be an asshole to me I'll be an asshole in return' way of doing things. Sometimes it actually accomplishes getting the other guy to realize he's being an asshole.

Sometimes.  Sometimes it just makes everyone involved even more of an asshole.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6087 on: November 20, 2013, 01:14:50 pm »
I work at my local geology museum, and this one lady showed up yesterday. She claimed that quartz crystals could store more memory than most computers, and that was why ancient civilizations carved skulls out of them. Also, that "giant quartz wheels" were used as an energy source by ancient civilizations to power some kind of helicopter-like craft.

It didn't end there. Upon seeing our fossil plesiosaur skeleton, she claimed that a friend of hers had seen a family of living plesiosaurs on Lake Michigan and that another friend of hers had seen a live pterosaur in Vietnam (his native guide reportedly pointed up and said the local term for "DANGER!" at the time).

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6088 on: November 20, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »
She claimed that quartz crystals could store more memory than most computers

She really needs to watch less Babylon 5.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6089 on: November 20, 2013, 01:16:45 pm »
I accidentally crashed the Minecraft server on which I play yesterday...don't mix MFR machines a Mekanism universal cables, kids!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.