Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076650 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7065 on: March 30, 2014, 02:00:36 pm »
I told my co-worker that I'd ruptured my eardrum, and she asked how I knew. I did the Valvasa maneuver and a little bit of blood came flying out, which made her completely flip her shit. She tried to call 911 and I had to grab the phone out of her hand and explain that I did NOT need an ambulance. Jeez, I know she wasn't expecting that but you'd think the whole "walking around getting shit done" thing would be a tipoff.

Somehow, I have a feeling that blood still coming out of your ear is worthy of seeing a doctor very fast.
It wasn't fresh blood, just a bit of bloody gunk that had decided to hang out in my ear for a while. And my doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7066 on: March 30, 2014, 06:42:36 pm »
Something I just thought about that bugs the fuck outta me, the huge stink people make about how a restaurant's menu items "aren't healthy enough."  I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, they didn't make zero-calorie bacon cheeseburgers, and if they do, they're probably made out of fucking cardboard and/or taste like shit roasted over burning tires.  I know I'm coming across as an arse saying this, but I really miss the fucking days when I was a kid and what mattered most about the food that you got from a restaurant was that it was actually safe to fucking eat.

Nowadays, its all calorie counts and fat totals and salt concentrations and hundreds of fucking annoying diagrams and tables and shit I don't fucking care about, I WANT A FUCKING BACON CHEESEBURGER, YOU FUCKING CUNTS.  It clutters up menus and annoys the fuck outta me.

Look, if you wanna eat healthy, that's fine, I understand that.  But, for the love of baby Jesus, stop shoving your health food cock in my grease-covered menu items!  You fuckers had your own section of the menu for a tonne of places, but NO, that just wasn't good enough for you, was it?!  Now, I have to be practically guilt tripped by an inanimate object before I can order my delicious, salty, fatty, bacon-covered meals.  Its like, "Oh, you want a fried cheese baconburger?  DO YOU KNOW THAT HAS FAT IN IT?!  AND CALORIES?!"  Yeah, I kinda figured that, since anyone with a fucking primary school education knows that cheese and bacon are some of the fattiest fucking things you can eat.

But, no, you whiny little health pricks just have to stick your noses where they're not fucking wanted.  I'm a fat fuck primarily because of inactivity, I know this.  You know what?  I don't fucking care.  I'd like to lose a bit of this, sure, but its not exactly a priority for me.  I'll have my extra big-ass soda, my double Baconator, and my large fucking fries!  Get that calorie-counting bullshit outta my fucking menus, and let the healthy fucks have their Healthy Fuck side of the menu.  Its like that Fatkins bullshit all over again, only this time, its actually becoming ingrained into our culture.

Epic Meal Time needs to start a fucking chain, fight against this bullshit.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #7067 on: March 31, 2014, 01:18:38 am »
The good news: Same-sex marriage is legal in England and even Wales.

The Bad news: There's still some of the Thatcher-era and prior bullshit (let's all agree that it is nowhere near as bad as dark ages where Alan Turing was one of the most unfortunate victims, choosing death over repression in the name of Jesus Christ). Like for instance, if a same-sex couple goes through the same shit heterosexual couples will unfortunately run into frequently and they had enough, god help them. They cannot get a divorce. They are locked in Sodom and Gomorrah (excuse the potentially offensive analogy).

The ugly: ALL THESE ANGLOPHILE WANKERS GOING ALL GOOEY WITH THIS "JOHNLOCK" SHIT. GOD DAMN IT, THE LGBT+ CROWD OF ENGLAND AND WALES REJOICE THAT THEY CAN BY LAW UNIONIZE WITH EACH OTHER, AND YOU GET EXCITED OVER A YAOI SHIP FROM SOME BLAND TELEVISION DRAMA BASED ON SHERLOCK HOMES. FUCK, I HATE TUMBLR AND I HATE SHERLOCK AND I HATE BENEDICKT CUMBLRBACHKHGGG-

(The user is now feigning foaming by mouth in impotent rage - upon the fetishization of homosexuality by fangirls with a borderline toxic obsession of a foreign television program(me)...)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7068 on: March 31, 2014, 11:51:56 am »
I'm probably the only person that's yet to see a single second of Sherlock.  I don't even know what channel it comes on. 

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #7069 on: March 31, 2014, 12:13:41 pm »
I'm probably the only person that's yet to see a single second of Sherlock.  I don't even know what channel it comes on. 
Haven't seen it either! That might have something to do with not having much for TV, but you know. Also, I think it's a BBC show, so that's where it'd be, along with whatever other channels carry BBC shows.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7070 on: March 31, 2014, 12:22:59 pm »
Haven't seen it either! That might have something to do with not having much for TV, but you know. Also, I think it's a BBC show, so that's where it'd be, along with whatever other channels carry BBC shows.

Yes, it's BBC.

Also, I kind of don't treat Sherlock as a TV series. Each season only has 3 episodes, but each episode is 90 minutes long. I treat it less as a television series and more as a TV movie series.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7071 on: March 31, 2014, 12:27:17 pm »
Resident Sherlockian in: it's on BBC, BBC America, Hulu Plus, and Netflix. It's not everyone's cuppa, but I'm quite fond of it (along with the occasional homoerotic watercolour). I will concede that the fandom is bugfuck bonkers, but most fandoms are and at least we're not Whovians or *shudder* Bronies.
Resident Sherlockian out.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
« Reply #7072 on: March 31, 2014, 12:29:04 pm »
Oh, and when I say I don't get much TV, I mean there are literally no more over-the-air broadcasters in this area. Except for a few stray transmissions from the States, depending on what the weather's like. Also we don't really have satellite anymore, so that's frustrating.

The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #7073 on: March 31, 2014, 03:10:00 pm »
Isn't there anything like freeview where you get a cheap digibox and watch a load of channels for free?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
« Reply #7074 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »
After a quick search through Wikipedia to find out what that is, it just seems to be a signal interpreter box for digital terrestrial TV. Thing is, I can get one of those easily, and since my TV is new it does that natively, but there are literally no TV stations since the digital switchover. They shut down the analogue ones and never set up the digital ones for this area.. or really anywhere that isn't a major city.

edit: okay, I have a single digital channel, which must be new since last time I checked... but it's Global. Global... isn't my favourite channel anyway.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:36:14 pm by Randomwolf42 »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7075 on: March 31, 2014, 03:32:27 pm »
Tomorrow is going to be a painful day.

First of April is always kinda hard on someone as gullible as I am.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #7076 on: March 31, 2014, 03:56:04 pm »
After a quick search through Wikipedia to find out what that is, it just seems to be a signal interpreter box for digital terrestrial TV. Thing is, I can get one of those easily, and since my TV is new it does that natively, but there are literally no TV stations since the digital switchover. They shut down the analogue ones and never set up the digital ones for this area.. or really anywhere that isn't a major city.

edit: okay, I have a single digital channel, which must be new since last time I checked... but it's Global. Global... isn't my favourite channel anyway.

Thats bad. You'd think they would make sure everyone could get the digital channels.

Perhaps RR were onto something when they said the digital switchover was a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7077 on: March 31, 2014, 04:14:34 pm »

I've not seen it either, can't be arsed...I have a hard enough time following Doctor Who without access to normal BBC channels, because literally fucking no one I know here (in VA) has BBC-America, and I can't watch shit on the BBC site's video thingy because its region-locked to be available to Brits only.  Plus, I'm gonna be honest, the whole Sherlock Holmes thing never really appealed to me: a coke-head private investigator and his manservant are two things that don't quite scream my name, if you know what I mean.  If I wanna watch a drug-addicted investigator, I'll watch the early seasons of House, before he turned into a giant pussy.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7078 on: March 31, 2014, 09:15:03 pm »
^ Doctor Who is available on Netflix.  It's how a friend of mine who doesn't get BBCA watches it.  I have to be careful what I say to him (Spoilers, Sweetie) though as Netflix are a season behind (understandable).

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7079 on: March 31, 2014, 09:16:45 pm »
Resident Sherlockian in: it's on BBC, BBC America, Hulu Plus, and Netflix. It's not everyone's cuppa, but I'm quite fond of it (along with the occasional homoerotic watercolour). I will concede that the fandom is bugfuck bonkers, but most fandoms are and at least we're not Whovians or *shudder* Bronies.
Resident Sherlockian out.

Hey... I thought you liked Who too... ;_;

More importantly, how's your ear doing?