Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073878 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7815 on: August 20, 2014, 06:37:28 pm »

Thank you. I appreciate honesty, and I honestly cannot stand people who sugarcoat their opinions to preserve my "feelings".

I know that I channel strange and outdated views of the way things are, and I'm vying for an old, no longer quite valid ideal. I just do not know of any other possible view to take, and its the only one readily available to me about how high school and college life works. Is there a different way college works now?

Is there any way I can affect change of my personality? Like, real change, not just changing how I act?
Nice way crush my hopes of seeing some name-calling, flamewars, and future lingering hostilities, asshole.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7816 on: August 20, 2014, 06:46:24 pm »
*stuff about jocks*
Well, in the south and big name universities football is considered the pinnacle of everything.

Schools refuse to properly treat head injuries, give pay to players, and a bunch of other crap.

It is true that universities and communities will refuse to admit important players and coaches are assholes in some places though.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7817 on: August 20, 2014, 07:12:58 pm »
Is there a different way college works now?
The jock/nerd dichotomy is most certainly bullshit. Really, the only way you'll have a hard time fitting in is if you don't much care for spending every last cent getting shit faced and partying until 5 in the morning every other night.

Why yes, I do think the university/college experience is extremely overrated.

Oh yes, I do not think I will have ANY problem getting along in college / UC life. Party till five sounds about right for me.

Also, on the note of personal behaviour - I do not act like I do online in real life. You could say I act like my true self online, but I act friendly and play nice in real life. Because I know that simply being myself would result in me being alone - nobody likes a morbid sociopath.

@ Sleepy: Well, I am trying to write a novel and such, but insofar, I've only been told the flaws in it, and not very many compliments. So I tend to believe my writing simply sucks. I'm also trying to complete classes for a backup major, so to speak - if English falls through, I might simply become some kind of fitness coach or something. I've completed a lot of PE classes in college, and several health classes.

Though this probably won't lead me to anything resembling a "good job".
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7818 on: August 21, 2014, 02:02:30 am »
Once again, something on Youtube has gone tits up. This time, the "load more" button on the "History" playlist does nothing.

I swear, every month it's something else on that damn site.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:04:04 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7819 on: August 21, 2014, 03:41:15 am »
My laptop's fan isn't even working anymore. I do have a separate external fan that does something but basically my computer overheats in a few minutes.

I am going to buy a new computer PRETTY soon...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7820 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:38 am »
Corned beef/pork. Why, in this glorious age of refrigeration, do people still eat this stuff? Of all the ways to prepare meat, why do it in a way that removes all the flavour and replaces it with ungodly amounts of salt?

Also, high strength Strepsils. I eat one and I can't feel my throat. I just want to stop coughing, not lose my ability to swallow.

It's just one of those days when everything you eat manages to piss you off somehow.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:17:58 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7821 on: August 21, 2014, 07:37:00 am »
@Art: Yeah, I've had those cough drops that just completely numb your mouth and throat before.  Don't get me wrong, the cough was gone, but I, too, don't particularly care for having increased difficulty when it comes to swallowing, chewing, and speaking and not sounding like I'm drunk off my arse.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7822 on: August 21, 2014, 07:40:28 am »
So after struggling for hours to fall asleep, I finally do at 5:00 AM, only to wake up a few minutes later due to the shortest nightmare ever.

...And it was a Five Nights at Freddy's nightmare, too.  Animatronic Teddy Bear crawling on my ceiling.  That was all it took to wake me up.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7823 on: August 21, 2014, 07:44:24 am »
One of these days, I need to invest in an unobtrusive Bluetooth headset and experiment with how music affects my dreams, and whether or not I can start remembering the damned things again.  Its rather irritating to not be able to recall more than one or two dreams over the past few months.  I used to be able to recall most of them with great detail...dunno what happened.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7824 on: August 21, 2014, 07:53:55 am »
Personally, I'd just like a bit of variety in my dreams. It seems every other night, I'm dreaming about high school. Not that my others dreams are exactly barrels of fun. Like last night, when I dreamed some horror movie villain was fucking with me by breaking into the house, smearing shit all over the kitchen walls (in perfectly parallel and equidistant vertical stripes, no less) and rearranging the refrigerator magnets to leave threatening messages. The worst part is that before that happened, I was about to have sex with two women at the same time. Sometimes, I wish my brain was just a little bit nicer to me.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7825 on: August 21, 2014, 08:04:59 am »
Mine almost always involved inordinate amounts of violence.  Justified violence, sure, but violence nonetheless.  I guess my brain's trying to find something other than sexual frustration and anger to cling to because I've more or less solved the former and have largely let go of the latter, unless the target is truly deserving.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7826 on: August 21, 2014, 03:37:35 pm »
I have a hangnail.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7827 on: August 21, 2014, 07:17:55 pm »
Youtube. Again. Just, look at this shit. What even is this?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7828 on: August 21, 2014, 07:34:28 pm »
30°C weather during what's supposed to be winter.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #7829 on: August 21, 2014, 08:30:57 pm »
30°weather during what's supposed to be winter.
30°K weather when it's suppose to be winter.