Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077009 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8085 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:30 am »
Vloggers who use jump cuts after every sentence. Whoever started this trend needs to have a rusty fork jabbed into their spine.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8086 on: September 30, 2014, 04:27:01 pm »
Why is it that, several weeks after applying for a job, corporations will call you at 9:00 fucking AM and then expect you to come to an interview within an hour?

Thankfully, she gave me the option for tomorrow in the afternoon before I even asked, but now I'm scared that that may have cost me the job somehow.

And now I'm terrified of the interview because I can't seem to fucking do interviews - trying to maintain eye contact, while simultaneously thinking about what I'm going to say, while simultaneously trying to remember what I'm supposed to say, while simultaneously trying to fake confidence... uggh.  Why does this come so naturally to some people?

It's not even a glamorous job - they have me literally loading and unloading a truck as part of a line, while also helping stock the shelves later in the night.

I mean, it's better than nothing, but I can't seem to even get the non-glamorous jobs.

Also, fuck you to those assholes who insist that if people can't get jobs, they just need to broaden their horizons more and "be willing to accept less glamorous jobs" - people can't even fucking get those less glamorous jobs, assholes!

...Fuck, I'm starting to shake from nerves.  And the interview's not even today!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8087 on: September 30, 2014, 07:24:00 pm »
At the very least, practicing for the interview could help. I think you'll have much more confidence going in if you know what you want to say, rather than going in blind and fumbling for words (not to imply that you would do that, anyway). If it's a big company, look up some of their common interview questions online. Practicing to the point of responses feeling natural can go a long way.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8088 on: October 01, 2014, 12:56:17 am »
It irritates me how people defend the lack of a female Red Ranger with "but there's no female Red Sentai, so we can't have female Red Rangers yet".  The US seemed to have no trouble making male Yellow Rangers into women in the past, so why can't they do that for a Red Ranger?

On the plus side, the discussion I had about this with my sister produced the sarcastic question "don't those boobs get in the way of your thinky-thoughts?".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8089 on: October 01, 2014, 01:09:40 am »
THE GOD DAMN DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Ironbite-all day today was a bunch of emails begging for donations.  I hope they all rot.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8090 on: October 01, 2014, 01:32:11 am »
THE GOD DAMN DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

Ironbite-all day today was a bunch of emails begging for donations.  I hope they all rot.

I've been getting those for years now, I just ignore them.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8091 on: October 01, 2014, 02:16:19 am »
I hate waiting for a response to an emotion-filled (either anger or regret or fear) post.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8092 on: October 01, 2014, 02:17:22 am »
Also forum members who change everything about there profile so it's impossible to identify them.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8093 on: October 01, 2014, 06:00:29 am »
Foot cramps. Those are the worst.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8094 on: October 01, 2014, 06:54:05 am »
Also forum members who change everything about there profile so it's impossible to identify them.

Doxxing?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #8095 on: October 01, 2014, 07:10:06 am »

Doxxing?
I think Lizard means people here who change their name AND signature AND avatar all at once so you have no idea who they are </notgettingthejoke>

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8096 on: October 01, 2014, 05:34:58 pm »
Foot cramps. Those are the worst.
This. I don't know what I did, but for the last fucking week my foot's been constantly cramped. It is aggravating beyond measure.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #8097 on: October 02, 2014, 04:49:48 am »
My parents discovered the OpenDNS parental settings. Doesn't affect my PC because I'm already using a different DNS, but circumventing this on all my devices is going to be so much fun.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8098 on: October 02, 2014, 11:44:18 am »
Moving. Its a massive pain in the ass.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8099 on: October 02, 2014, 05:33:36 pm »
Moving. Its a massive pain in the ass.

Its even more fun when you do it three times in the span of less than a year!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.