Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075716 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8370 on: December 18, 2014, 09:11:41 am »
People who don't understand what "decimate" means.

It's a tenth of a mate, right?

8)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8371 on: December 18, 2014, 09:33:52 am »
People who don't understand what "decimate" means.

It's a tenth of a mate, right?

8)

I prefer to quantify mates in radians.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8372 on: December 19, 2014, 08:43:10 pm »
I really hate the mentality that not providing a platform for free speach is the same as censoring it.

(No, this isn't just abut hatred)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:26:55 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8373 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
I really hate when the controversy you're referring to is over a game that's not even as good as per say, games of comparable violence like Manhunt or Postal. And with the latter, that's a pretty damn low bar.

All this over a game which rips off Doom's logo, and when those Neo-nazi shits could be giving us a spiritual successor to Painkiller or Bulletstorm. Shitheads just had to push their fauxlosophical bullshit.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:51:08 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8374 on: December 19, 2014, 09:02:35 pm »
Now to go the opposite direction:
I read a 1000+ note on tumblr about the difrence between queer baiting and "Queer coding".

While it's true that lots of show *cough*Adventuretime*cough* have implied queerness, I just kniw the term will be used by every shipper and their dog.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:08:24 pm by I am lizard »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8375 on: December 20, 2014, 01:40:03 am »
After rethinking my life choices, I have come to the conclusion that I now hate coffee. Why? Well, after drinking a mug of the stuff, I barely felt the caffeine high at all, yet the following crash was as potent as ever. I'm now sitting here feeling tired and irritable (more so) with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8376 on: December 20, 2014, 09:08:06 am »
I really hate when the controversy you're referring to is over a game that's not even as good as per say, games of comparable violence like Manhunt or Postal. And with the latter, that's a pretty damn low bar.

All this over a game which rips off Doom's logo, and when those Neo-nazi shits could be giving us a spiritual successor to Painkiller or Bulletstorm. Shitheads just had to push their fauxlosophical bullshit.

Funny, because the whole "Neo-Nazi" thing was based off a single like of a single dev on Facebook for some far-right group.  I'm amused at how much Hatred is pissing off people.  Its absolutely hilarious to watch people twitch in impotent rage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8377 on: December 20, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »

Funny, because the whole "Neo-Nazi" thing was based off a single like of a single dev on Facebook for some far-right group.  I'm amused at how much Hatred is pissing off people.  Its absolutely hilarious to watch people twitch in impotent rage.
Funny, because the whole "Neo-Nazi" thing was based off a single like of a single dev on Facebook for some far-right group.
"There's only like, one neo-nazi on the development team!"

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:46:53 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8378 on: December 20, 2014, 01:40:35 pm »
Lolwut? He was describing the game's flaws, not twitching in impotent rage over it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8379 on: December 20, 2014, 01:48:19 pm »
Funny, because the whole "Neo-Nazi" thing was based off a single like of a single dev on Facebook for some far-right group.
Or maybe that guy isn't even a neo-nazi and just happened to like a single far-right group? Or clicked it by accident. Or maybe he wanted to find neo-nazi symbols for the game and liked that group after stealing some of their images. I dunno.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8380 on: December 20, 2014, 01:48:47 pm »
Lolwut? He was describing the game's flaws, not twitching in impotent rage over it.
He felt angry enough to dedicate the time and effort to writing s paragraph about how much he hated it.

I suppose what I should have said was "Stop being such a pretetiouse asshat and let us hate a game."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8381 on: December 20, 2014, 01:49:30 pm »
Or maybe that guy isn't even a neo-nazi and just happened to like a single far-right group? Or clicked it by accident. Or maybe he wanted to find neo-nazi symbols for the game and liked that group after stealing some of their images. I dunno.
Tru.
I read it as "a single dev" tho.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:51:09 pm by I am lizard »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8382 on: December 20, 2014, 01:55:07 pm »

I wasn't talking about Madman at that point, I was simply speaking in general.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8383 on: December 20, 2014, 02:00:06 pm »

Oh,sorry.

But could you not be so extremely triggering to fictionkin and vegans in the future? (✿O‿O)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:06:21 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8384 on: December 20, 2014, 02:06:43 pm »

Oh,sorry.

But could you please not say things like that in the future?
It's extremely triggering to fictionkin and vegans (✿◠‿◠)

Well, veganism triggers me.