Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069006 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9075 on: September 25, 2015, 09:36:17 pm »
thermonuclear troll bomb

ftfy in tl;dr form.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9076 on: September 26, 2015, 02:41:33 am »
Fucking insomnia.  I go to bed around 10, I fall asleep just fine.  Hubby comes in around 1 AM, redistributes the sheets, and this tickles me, waking me up.  I then generally spend the next 4-5 hours trying to turn off my fucking brain so I can get back to sleep.

I've tried taking 3 OTC sleep aids at once: melatonin, off-brand Z-Quil, and my sleepy tea.  I've tried to wear myself out with exercise so I could just fall asleep from exhaustion.  I've tried white-noise generators.  Nothing is working.

And I just know that in the morning, I'm going to get this convo from Hubby: "How are you still tired?  You've been asleep for 10 hours!"  No, dear.  Being in BED for 10 hours is not the same thing as actually being ASLEEP for 10 hours.

And now, I've screwed myself that much more, because I needed to vent and I just used my laptop.  Which means I'm staring at a bluish screen, and it'll take me THAT MUCH FUCKING LONGER to sleep because my brain fucking hates me.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Even Then

« Reply #9077 on: September 26, 2015, 06:54:35 am »
I can't give games from my library to others on Steam. This is really getting my bollocks.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9078 on: September 27, 2015, 12:01:48 am »
Dear asshole girl who decided to continuously mouth off to the bus driver tonight, thanks a lot for wasting everyone's time, so much so that we had to wait until the cops to arrive because you're a fucking drama queen.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9079 on: September 27, 2015, 02:24:56 pm »
So, a few years ago, my mom got me a brand new futon for Christmas.  Due to general laziness, I didn't start actually using it until maybe a year and a half or two years ago.  I've only been using the mattress, and never actually set up the bottom frame, which I didn't mind.  For reference this futon has a wooden frame built inside the mattress, which also has a locking hinge.  Basically, the mattress itself is the main part of the couch/bed, not the wooden base frame.

One of the fucking springs broke last night (zig zag springs, not coil springs).

I told my grandma about it this morning, and her verdict was that the spring breaking was somehow caused by the mattress being on the floor (I think it always pissed her off that I never built the frame and was fine on the floor).  She scoffed at my suggestion that it might have something to do with all the padding inside the mattress getting smushed down so the springs don't have as much support (did I mention I'm overweight?).

It just pisses me off.  Does she think I just throw myself onto the mattress?  I was literally just crawling into bed, I pushed down on a spring, and it broke.  And guess what?  Even if I had set up the frame, it's still a low lying bed.  I still would've gotten into it the exact same way, so the spring probably would've still broke.

You think I don't feel like shit that this probably expensive bed broke not even two years after use, added to the fact that I never actually built the base?  This is the exact fucking reason I didn't want the bed to have springs in it (the bed I had before this one didn't last long, either, though I know I had a more active cause in that than this).

I looked online, and zig zag springs are pretty cheap and more easily replaced than coil springs due to being attached with clamps.  I could always go with replacing the spring, I guess, though that doesn't fix the problem of my weight being put directly on the springs.   All I know is that the next time I get a bed, it's gonna be a traditional Japanese floor futon.  No springs.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:27:32 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9080 on: September 28, 2015, 01:56:12 am »
My computer tilted completely. Not only that but it did it in such a way that I can't really do anything about it other than turn off the power. Programs start working for 0.2 seconds randomly and jump on the screen to freeze again and it took me half an hour to be able to shut down the troublemakers by force and see if I was able to save a word file that had to be recovered... Also every 25 minutes or so something on Firefox complains about an unresponsive code and wants to know if I want to debug it...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #9081 on: September 28, 2015, 07:43:24 am »
People who use "Autistic" as an insult.  I'm not Autistic, and even I'm offended.  I can only imagine how actual Autistics feel.
I don't like it either. Worse yet, on one forum I post on, it's part of their culture to use "autistic" to describe anything they don't like.

I know, right? That's so gay.
Don't forget that any occasion where some mistake or misplaced object bothers you is clearly OCD.

This one annoys me especially because most people have no idea how painful actual OCD can be. An example: My sister has it, so any time she touched an object, she always had to touch the other side of it. That kind of behavioral pattern really interrupts your daily life. The thoughts are far worse, though. Your brain turns on you and forces you to picture horrific images, like you murdering your family. Obviously you'd never commit such an act, but your brain gives no fucks and wants to supply you with vivid imagery. It's far more damaging than people make it out to be.

I just keep remembering something Deimos posted here once.  "Ah, OCD.  Did I remember to lock the door?  Better check 20 times, just to make sure!!"

I often lose half an hour in the mornings because i keep going back to check on my bird cages.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9082 on: September 28, 2015, 08:18:10 am »
OCD is almost always represented in fiction as a side effect to super intelligence (or as a setup for a joke) but at least it is not as bad as showing every psychosis as a requirement for becoming a serial killer.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9083 on: September 28, 2015, 10:57:39 am »
Fuck off, already, Tapatalk.  If I wanted your bullshit, I'd download it.  I just want to read a fucking forum.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9084 on: September 28, 2015, 11:43:14 am »
Fuck off, already, Tapatalk.  If I wanted your bullshit, I'd download it.  I just want to read a fucking forum.
QFT!
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9085 on: September 28, 2015, 12:30:19 pm »
After 4/5 years of her passing, me and my mom just found out that Grandma left us with a shit ton of medical debt, which up until now my uncle didn't even bother to tell us about. Yay, the joys of the American Healthcare system...
Also if my conservatard aunts don't help out, their a special kind of hell for them, since my grandma was their fucking mother also.  The burden shouldn't just be on my mom and uncle.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:34:46 pm by nickiknack »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9086 on: September 28, 2015, 08:57:52 pm »
After 4/5 years of her passing, me and my mom just found out that Grandma left us with a shit ton of medical debt, which up until now my uncle didn't even bother to tell us about. Yay, the joys of the American Healthcare system...
Also if my conservatard aunts don't help out, their a special kind of hell for them, since my grandma was their fucking mother also.  The burden shouldn't just be on my mom and uncle.
I thought inheriting debt was all kinds of illegal, even in America.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9087 on: September 28, 2015, 09:38:49 pm »

How old was your Gran when she died? Was she on Medicare? Has her estate already been settled? Most likely, none of this debt, if it is even legit, is collectable.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9088 on: September 28, 2015, 10:13:42 pm »
I watched a youtube video of the "Top 10 Miscarriages of Justice", and a couple were false rape cases.  Of course the majority of comments were people bashing feminism . . .

. . . while completely ignoring another case on the list where two women who were raped were put in prison for "false accusations" due to the rapist's girlfriend.  Seriously, nobody even mentioned this case in the comments.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #9089 on: September 29, 2015, 01:31:54 am »
When comment sections turn into a pissing match between conservatives as who can be the most ignorant.